Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

If you didn’t dump all your spare change in the market when it crashed you might not of missed the boat. If a second wave of rona, jump in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is what someone who took a 30-minute online "Stock Trading for Dummies" class would say. Without having any understanding of support or resistance, let alone proper financial/capital market analysis.

You "buy the dips" if you believe the position is undervalued. Not if the position is just down. Market (SPX) is trading at 21x earnings right now vs. a historical average of roughly 15x.

DUUUUHHHHHHRRRRRPPPPPP BuY dA DyPs!

I genuinely cringe every time you post about the stock market.

Not trying to be a Danny Downer here, but there's a pretty good possibilty that one of the big cruise lines could declare bankruptcy (and, shareholders lose their money). All 3 of the big ones are projecting negative earnings through 2023 and no one has come up with a sensible plan to get upwards of 3,500 people to committ to a week or more on a potential floating gulag, where you can get quarnateened for a month or more and can't leave your room.

Thats cool. NCL closed at $17 when the market closed last night. Opened this morning a $24.

Advertisement
A lot of extreme favoring to one or two companies in this thread. People should be diversifying. Buy all of it. An airline, cruisline, oil, household cleaners, transportation, Amazon, UPS, tech, pharma, bank. If you are skiddish in an overbought market, reserve no less than 10% into cash. Don’t fret that the market used to be lower. You do not own a time machine.

I was informed from my chinese consumers that their govt is imminently expecting trump to reinstate the 25% tarriffs and china has a counterpunch ready. Could be the catalyst for the next wave down. Very reliable source from a massive state owned enterprise who tipped me off to the last round.

Advertisement
At $7 now. I wouldn' put any serious money in this. Tanked due to announcing 60 million shares (warrants) to be sold by insiders.

Grabbed it at 4.27 yesterday,they’re launching their network on the 15th so I’ll see how everything reacts to that before deciding on anything

Advertisement
Meltdowns create opportunity if you have the stomach for it. My buys during the Wuhan Virus outbreak reaching the US:
THMO ~ up 62%
MGM ~ up 54%
MAR ~ up 37%
FDX ~ up 27%
BA ~ up 10%

I'll ride it a bit and make a ton...go back to cash, bonds and treasuries. Wait for the next meltdown and kill it again.
Still holding all, sans THMO. Killing it!

MGM - up 92%
MAR - up 67%
FDX - up 55%
BA - up 25%
DAL - up 40%
FDX - up 54%

Will take some chips off the table today...great run

I'm in DK @ 30---- You heard about it a lot earlier than me...

I am the definition of an amateur with the stock market. Once it went public I was told about it since I like to gamble. I figured that states would be looking to increase revenue and allowing gambling is one way to do that.

Since then I’ve bought 10 stocks and am getting into it, still learning how to research and all that.

I am the definition of an amateur with the stock market. Once it went public I was told about it since I like to gamble. I figured that states would be looking to increase revenue and allowing gambling is one way to do that.

Since then I’ve bought 10 stocks and am getting into it, still learning how to research and all that.

it should be a good choice. States will needs tons of money. Gambling and weed would work nicely.

BAC is up 26% from where I added to my position.

With that said, I'm 99.99% index guy.

Individual equities are fraught with horror (in my opinion)
I have no problem with index trading but I do prefer picking stocks. That said, I am not constantly in the market. I follow a take the winnings and get away from the table until another day. I made huge in 2008 and cashed out. Got back in a couple years later for couple selective picks. Got hammered on one and hit large to two. Sat quiet until 2016. Had strong feelings about Trump and bet large that market would quickly like him too. It was safe get as far as I was concerned, market seemed okay with Hilary and donated accordingly. Rode the Trump wave for longer than I usually do but did cash out way up. Been little scared since. The old nest egg has gotten to big and pretty to risk now. Dipped in just a little in fall or 2019 but jumped out too early in January and left lots on $$ on the table. Missed this latest one completely because at my age, the egg is to valuable to risk and not replaceable if I ***** up -- which has been known to happen.

For what it is worth, I do believe Trump wins re-election(today's jobs report certainly has dems and republican establishment types calling handy men to patch the holes in the wall from their heads banging). If media convinces and polls convince market he is going to loss and it take big move down, there might be change for another big hit, but I hope to sit on my hands. Good luck to all.

Advertisement
Back