Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

LOL...this guy always acting like he’s a guru. The answer is simple. When the Fed’s printers are running round the clock, that’s money has got to go somewhere. That’s why it’s not tanking. Anyone who is shorting the market right now is ******* retarded, because the Fed is ordering more printers.

Let me know when you've managed billions of dollars for the wealthiest people on earth.

Then look how well capital markets do in periods of significant inflation.

Jesus ******* Christ

Advertisement
I think most people that are getting advice on a message board are passive.

Not so sure about that. Lots of people still think they can make a long-term profit through active trading without real knowledge as to how to do so.

There's a bias to success in bull markets and the fading notion that trading stocks today is anything like it was pre-1996ish.

Let me know when you've managed billions of dollars for the wealthiest people on earth.

Then look how well capital markets do in periods of significant inflation.

Jesus ******* Christ

You’ve done none of those things. Also, I’m a portfolio manager for one of the top PE firms in the country.

You're missing basic logic and middle school math.

We have under 80,000 deaths and the first infection was three months ago. Deaths are growing at an exponential rate. 60K deaths PER YEAR from the flu. So let's say 80K deaths in three months, which is 25% of the year... that's 320K deaths, NOT factoring in exponential growth.

If you're not prepared to have an informed opinion, keep your uninformed opinion to yourself.

EducatedBasicBlackbuck-small22.gif

Advertisement

We have under 80,000 deaths and the first infection was three months ago. Deaths are growing at an exponential rate. 60K deaths PER YEAR from the flu. So let's say 80K deaths in three months, which is 25% of the year... that's 320K deaths, NOT factoring in exponential growth.

If you're not prepared to have an informed opinion, keep your uninformed opinion to yourself.

If you think this is going to actually kill 300,000 people in the US I just don't know what to say. But you think even more because you didn't factor in exponential growth? So you think more than a million will die in the US by the end of the year? I need you to follow through on that thought and flesh out those numbers. Because I don't think you can.

Yeah, getting investment advice on a football message board.

It‘s one thing to chop it up back and forth. That’s fun.

But when it comes to taking actionable steps based on self-appointed message board financial gurus...I’ll pass.

What do you think about that Dave Ramsey fellow? He’s more lifestyle, it’s somewhat related.

What the **** is going on indeed. 30 million unemployed. And thousands more jobs being hemorrhaged by the day. How do you argue that this whole rally isn't Fed induced? They're printing like crazy and doing everything in their power to prop this ship up. I'm just buying gold and silver.

Where are you buying your Gold!

Cryptocurrency digital assets

Bitcoin halving coming may 12th

Huge bull run coming soon

Buy ****load of coins mainly on coinbase (mainly xrp xlm link eth zrx atom xtz )

Go to crypto.com buy a ****load of cardano vechain enjin icon mana bnb

Other coins would be hbar ziliqua nem tron waves lisk binance.us have those on the exchanges good luck gentlemen

Ever heard of this company, it's one of the 1st crypto's backed by real Gold, and just so happens they have a crypto bank located in Miami, check it out, it's free to open up your own Gold savings account plus get paid in Euro's, check it out:

Advertisement
What the **** is going on indeed. 30 million unemployed. And thousands more jobs being hemorrhaged by the day. How do you argue that this whole rally isn't Fed induced? They're printing like crazy and doing everything in their power to prop this ship up. I'm just buying gold and silver.

Perfect, if you buying Gold get paid to do it, check this one out:

Biggest hoax ever.

I just keep dropping these nuggets all over this site:

NY has 19 million people and 20000 COVID deaths
Florida has 20 million people and 1200 deaths

Sounds like CuHomo is padding the numbers for those federal dollaz.

AND, little CNN Cuomo is on TV sounds like David Koresh: "Imagine what you would lose going back to work. Look at all that you have gained"..

bro...
Did CuHomo send those carriers to nursing homes like Trojan Horses to get the federal bounty on CV-19 deaths?

Just stop.

Latest indications show COVID in Europe and US populations PRIOR to 1 Jan 20.

Basic math.

Advertisement
What do you think about that Dave Ramsey fellow? He’s more lifestyle, it’s somewhat related.

Vaguely familiar with him. I just don’t normally listen to any of the gurus. I’m not saying he’s good or he’s not. I just don’t know.

I usually seek help for other things, like tax planning, estate planning, trust management, etc. I’m not at the age where things like estate planning are generally thought to be of most importance, but then again I could drop dead tomorrow, I could die in an automobile accident. So those are the things I need to be a little more focused on. Especially legal tax avoidance strategies.

Ok- going to give this a shot.

We have a heavyweight fight at the moment. Fed and other central banks vs horrible economic data (horrible unemployment and hard data)

1. Buy what the Fed is buying as it has backstopped the following (USTreasuries, US High Grade Bonds - focus on 1-7 year maturities). This strategy has worked well in QE1, QE2, QE3, and we are presently in QE4. For reference US Treasuries have been an incredible performer since the 1970's but I see more value in US High Grade credit). There are several ETF's that can give you exposure to USHG
2. BUY US stocks over international and Emerging markets stocks. This is because the US has structural winners such as amazon, facebook, netflix, microsoft and the cloud stocks. International markets have much more cyclical exposure which is when the pain is. I prefer NASDAQ to S+P.
3. Focus on health care, staples, and Utilities whose earnings should be less impacted
4. When vaccine is found you will see an immediate and strong rotation into cyclicals but not before in my opinion.
5. While the multiple for the market is elevated (over 20x earnings) the big tech guys have delivered incredible earnings.
I think if you balance properly between USTreasuries, US HG bonds, and structural winners (FANG etc) you will make good money.

And GO CANES if all else fails.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When the stock drastically dropped I initially bought an additional 300 shares of Royal Caribbean (II already had 100 shares which I keep as you get VIP treatment if you have 100 or more shares). Within a month, for whatever reason - probably because a lot of other people had bought this stock, it went way up and I immediately sold. Took that money plus gains and put it all into Disney stock which had greatly decreased and I plan to hang onto this.
I’m going Disney too, it has to eclipse Netflix once it gets to open parks, and more years to get Disney + customers

So Florida has a million more people than New York. Florida also has 18,000 less deaths from Covid.

Data integrity has been lost so reporting on this means jack and sh*t, and jack left town.

Florida, the beach goers, the retirement homes...How can this be? If you asked me,I’d say it’s because there is an incentive to classify a dying person with a pre-existing condition with Covid. Is there good enough data to tell us how many people have died strictly from the flu this year? Overall mortality numbers are up, but not enough to shut life down?
Florida population don’t compare to New York’s

I’m swing trading some penny stocks right now. Up 40% for the month.

I got:
SPCB in @ .93 closed @1.29
EMAN in @.50 closed @ .51
SXTC in @.42 closed @ .49 ran to .55
TRPX in @ .33 closed @ .41 ran to .60

I usually sell half at 10% gains and sell or buy accordingly. SPCB should go on a big run Monday with contract news.

Vaguely familiar with him. I just don’t normally listen to any of the gurus. I’m not saying he’s good or he’s not. I just don’t know.

I usually seek help for other things, like tax planning, estate planning, trust management, etc. I’m not at the age where things like estate planning are generally thought to be of most importance, but then again I could drop dead tomorrow, I could die in an automobile accident. So those are the things I need to be a little more focused on. Especially legal tax avoidance strategies.
I like Dave Ramsey and value his investment tools. I like is spiritual Christ like principals approach. I believe wealth is just not finances, it’s also healthy is (mentally, spiritual physically), happy marriage etc . I like being debt free in times like this it’s a blessing and less stressful. But don’t agree with his one strategy is best for all approach. I’m what you call Davish, so I do 90 % his plan. I never bough individual stocks because of Dave. I only bough mutual funds, IRA, Roth, 401k. When I saw how much money I made in 2008, it didn’t are long to see that 2020 was going to be similar, minus the real estate downfall (at least for now). I saw how corona effected those financial vehicles became upset and saw he opportunity in buying the stocks while they were low. Ever since February I’ve been into stocks heavily and kinda addicted. My wife is starting to get annoyed lol. When she saw how much some of the stocks were growing, she started to buy them. Lol

Advertisement
Back