Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
This is not a hoax, I know several people who have died from corona. My brother wife has it, her dad,several friends and my wife’s grandfather who raised her passed from it. This is very serious, My sister In Law works at MD Anderson as a MD and their hospital is full. When my grandfather in law was in the hospital, he passed away and we couldn’t even say bye to him. This is not a hoax and it is very serious. I live in Houston TX, and it appears numbers continue to rise.

I sympathize for your losses now, let me say that.

But to the degree that it’s at? It’s tyrannical. So much that Michiganders strapped up at the state capital. And for good reason. Our permission slip is the bill of rights. And it’s being infringed upon by intently fixed data or just outright lies. This is what I mean by it being a hoax.

Last edited:
I'm in the S&P 500 (SPY) and NASDAQ (QQQ). Yes, there is risk here, but if you don't need the money anytime soon and you believe the US economy will bounce back and continue to be strong then you can make a lot of money.

Advertisement
Cryptocurrency digital assets

Bitcoin halving coming may 12th

Huge bull run coming soon

Buy ****load of coins mainly on coinbase (mainly xrp xlm link eth zrx atom xtz )

Go to crypto.com buy a ****load of cardano vechain enjin icon mana bnb

Other coins would be hbar ziliqua nem tron waves lisk binance.us have those on the exchanges good luck gentlemen
My coworker who I trust and looks at this stuff all the time mentioned this exact thing so I was going to ask. I need to finally read up on this so I understand it better.

70 k and rising in 7 weeks despite lockdowns. The flu is measured in a 365 day death toll. That’s the difference in case you missed it. And that 365 day death toll is with people doing and going wherever TF they want.

Aren't you a former active duty marine?

Advertisement
Wow. I know people in nyc working in hospitals. This sht isn’t a hoax. Nursing homes down here are getting hit hard. Nyc had this in the community and had no clue it was there until sht hit the fan and it was too late.
The subways and all those people packed in together is a totally different way of life than Most of America.
Sofla has the bulk of deaths in the state for that same reason. No politics at all man. Metropolitan cities are the bulk of the deaths. Don’t see Kalispel Montana getting hit for a reason.

Had no clue until the sh*t hit the fan?!?! Tell me you are trolling!
March 2nd the "leadership" of NY tweeting out to go out and live life. If by 3/2 you had no clue, then YOU are the problem. NY is reaping it's own stupidity.

The market views the risk/reward ratio in equities as relatively good to fixed income/cash.

I wouldn't touch buying equities with a 30 foot poll right now and remain short.

But if you're not a long-term investor and you're coming here for input, you might as well just put your cash in a barrel and burn it.

Turbulent markets break inexperienced traders.

LOL...this guy always acting like he’s a guru. The answer is simple. When the Fed’s printers are running round the clock, that’s money has got to go somewhere. That’s why it’s not tanking. Anyone who is shorting the market right now is ******* retarded, because the Fed is ordering more printers.

Discretionary account is big in FB and V right now. I like FB through the election as political spending on ads will go through the roof soon.

Advertisement
70 k and rising in 7 weeks despite lockdowns. The flu is measured in a 365 day death toll. That’s the difference in case you missed it. And that 365 day death toll is with people doing and going wherever TF they want.
Allowing people with that level of stupidity (him not you) to have equal voice in our country is literally dangerous. We are so undereducated as a country it’s scary

If you have access to a 401k max it in an index fund, especially if you have any type of employer match.

If you qualify income wise open and max a Roth IRA. Eat the tax consequence now, get it all tax free later when you’ll really need it.

Open up and max an HSA. The absolute easiest and cleanest way to make income disappear tax wise.

The reality is it’s not timing the market it’s time in the market. If you’re young just dollar cost average your purchases and let it sits.

You’ll have zero worries if you do those three things.

If you have access to a 401k max it in an index fund, especially if you have any type of employer match.

If you qualify income wise open and max a Roth IRA. Eat the tax consequence now, get it all tax free later when you’ll really need it.

Open up and max an HSA. The absolute easiest and cleanest way to make income disappear tax wise.

The reality is it’s not timing the market it’s time in the market. If you’re young just dollar cost average your purchases and let it sits.

You’ll have zero worries if you do those three things.
👆 read and heed.

Advertisement
I thought the market was inflated prior to COVID-19, so thankfully I was holding an inverted position of roughly 83% fixed income to 17% equities, rather than the opposite which is more appropriate for my age. When I do ease back in, I’ll diversify by investing in ETFs, probably all domestic but spanning sectors such as healthcare, energy, large cap, and possibly momentum factor or value factor based ETFs.

I bought Carnival and Norwegian for cruise lines at like $9-$10 a share after seeing their 52 week high was in the $50’s per share. Also bought some American Airlines a week ago, should have waited til 2 days ago but here we are.

I bought Carnival and Norwegian for cruise lines at like $9-$10 a share after seeing their 52 week high was in the $50’s per share. Also bought some American Airlines a week ago, should have waited til 2 days ago but here we are.

Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund bought into a lot of Carnival. Look that up to confirm.

IF you got capital to invest, well then do it.

I would say that this whole virus has solidified my displeasure with the media (I vote liberal btw).

What you are seeing is sensationalizing by the media. The base of most media orgs is in NYC, and that happens to be the place where they have an 'outbreak'. There is no denying people are dying, but the failure the media has done is the fear mongering, because although they are pitching the stay home bull****, the United States government is not prepared for 30 MILLION unemployed people. NYC is where the media is, not Omaha Nebraska. This explains why the rest of the country is in (sometimes) unnecessary lockdown.

Advertisement
Back