Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Take Two if you’re going to go into game manufacturers. If you want exposure into gaming, go with Microsoft, AMD, Nvidia or any of the other semi’s that make chips for gaming computers.
Sorry... I meant to say gambling.

Advertisement
OIL.. Anyone paying attention to oil? Wife told me a few weeks ago her gas pump bill was higher than ever.... I shrugged it off. Its at 60$ a barrel no? How do we play this?.. 75 to 100$ a barrel this year?

OIL.. Anyone paying attention to oil? Wife told me a few weeks ago her gas pump bill was higher than ever.... I shrugged it off. Its at 60$ a barrel no? How do we play this?.. 75 to 100$ a barrel this year?
So oil is loosely tied in with this but there have been a lot of articles written about the next commodities supercycle starting up. Oil is tricky because of clean energy, but planes and ships can’t run on anything else and I think we are a ways off from being off oil, no matter what targets and goals are set.

Chevron came out in the last week or so and said anything in the mid $40/barrel range they will break even on. Right now it’s $55 and there is a shortage with the world reopening. I don’t know whether I want to pick one or go etf but I think oil is a good play.

For other commodities... utilities? Raw materials? Shipping companies?

Lumber hit all time highs
Gold hit all time highs
Copper within .60 of all time high, will probably pass that within 3 months.
Home prices all time high
Health Care all time high
Insurance cost all time high
USD a **** hair from reaching 6 year low.

Oil has a lot of logistical and political complexities that affect prices and I don't trade it or have time to follow but I would be cautious trading WTI under this administration. I like Oils short term prospects but i would stick with something like brent crude.

Advertisement
So oil is loosely tied in with this but there have been a lot of articles written about the next commodities supercycle starting up. Oil is tricky because of clean energy, but planes and ships can’t run on anything else and I think we are a ways off from being off oil, no matter what targets and goals are set.

Chevron came out in the last week or so and said anything in the mid $40/barrel range they will break even on. Right now it’s $55 and there is a shortage with the world reopening. I don’t know whether I want to pick one or go etf but I think oil is a good play.

For other commodities... utilities? Raw materials? Shipping companies?
Next Era Energy (NEE). Conservative utility stock and FPL's daddy.

Lumber hit all time highs
Gold hit all time highs
Copper within .60 of all time high, will probably pass that within 3 months.
Home prices all time high
Health Care all time high
Insurance cost all time high
USD a **** hair from reaching 6 year low.

Oil has a lot of logistical and political complexities that affect prices and I don't trade it or have time to follow but I would be cautious trading WTI under this administration. I like Oils short term prospects but i would stick with something like brent crude.
Interesting points...

Lumber hit all time highs--probably not sustainable
Gold hit all time highs--maybe new normal--tech devices need gold--no substitute known
Copper within .60 of all time high, will probably pass that within 3 months.--see gold
Home prices all time high--wholly unsustainable amd fueled by 0% funds availability
Health Care all time high--that will (and must crash) at some point--and it aill be UGLY all around
Insurance cost all time high--see health care
USD a **** hair from reaching 6 year low.--at some point (maybe soon) USD will stop being world's currency (via oil pricing)... maybe RMB replaces, maybe a basket, when that day arrives... significant global politics shift will be complete

Advertisement

I own a **** ton of XOM and some ET (sold half off a bit ago). I rec'd XOM here when it dropped to $34 I think.

Last edited:
Just sold 40% of my current SOLCF holdings at $5.23 (we made +151% return on this tranche). FYI VRNO starts trading tomorrow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do you think Verano will give us another boost or do you think we are mostly priced in already?

Hard to say. I think it's the main reason why it's been running, but not the only reason. Will people sell the news? I mean, what VRNO does tomorrow will matter. But I am not trying to get suckered into a VRNO bet. I think we've made the easy money here, higher and faster than I even thought, so why not take some profits and de-risk? While I do think there is room for it to go higher, I think I've stated that we're not looking to own Sol. Just crash through the front door, steal their wine, women and booty and run off.

How many of you all set sell limit orders on your accounts? Have been thinking about adding them for current share price less 25% in case the market entirely craps out. The GameStop saga kind of made me question what would happen on a large scale sell-off, seeing as TD, Schwab, etc. completely froze up on a few stocks moving at high volume.

Advertisement
Back