Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

OIL.. Anyone paying attention to oil? Wife told me a few weeks ago her gas pump bill was higher than ever.... I shrugged it off. Its at 60$ a barrel no? How do we play this?.. 75 to 100$ a barrel this year?
You know who’s apparently been paying attention to oil? Warren.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How many of you all set sell limit orders on your accounts? Have been thinking about adding them for current share price less 25% in case the market entirely craps out. The GameStop saga kind of made me question what would happen on a large scale sell-off, seeing as TD, Schwab, etc. completely froze up on a few stocks moving at high volume.
I set them and them they hit and go back up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone shopping the sale today?

Almost bought more LPTX under $2.50 today but was too slow. I've just been a seller today.

Sold SOLCF
Sold the rest of my MDVL on the +15% pop (this was what they gave us along with the private MYOS shares when MYOS went private = free money).

Oh, and wrote some VFF 03/19/2021 24.00 calls yesterday at $1.40. Oh lord please take some VFF from me at $25.40 next month. Otherwise, I'll keep the premium.

Advertisement
Be careful on PLTR.. Their lock up is over Friday.. They will all be selling their shares.... 3x gains....
Good data point, but I don't know if I agree with this.

I think the fear of a post-lockup selloff is already priced into the stock which helped drive the price down leading up to and after the earnings report. But at this point, it's all public knowledge and the street is obviously well aware of it. There are also a lot of examples of upward pricing after lockup expiration, e.g., SNOW, LMND, etc. Each company is different.

Cathy Wood is willing to enter the stock at $28-29 share before the lockup expiration and she's a lot smarter than me.

Was meaning to pick up some QS this morning after the market opened, got sidetracked with work, and it was up 25% by the time I got back to this. **** of a day for the company between the technology advancement, Soros, and Apple rumors.

Almost bought more LPTX under $2.50 today but was too slow. I've just been a seller today.

Sold SOLCF
Sold the rest of my MDVL on the +15% pop (this was what they gave us along with the private MYOS shares when MYOS went private = free money).

Oh, and wrote some VFF 03/19/2021 24.00 calls yesterday at $1.40. Oh lord please take some VFF from me at $25.40 next month. Otherwise, I'll keep the premium.

LPTX closed over $3. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Was meaning to pick up some QS this morning after the market opened, got sidetracked with work, and it was up 25% by the time I got back to this. **** of a day for the company between the technology advancement, Soros, and Apple rumors.
That and aqms my big winners for the day.

Advertisement
Back