Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
I know a few people that buy a few of her top holdings instead of the actual funds.
Yea I think they release their buys and sells daily through their site. There are worse strategies than following her research. Some of her picks take some patience to get to the point where they breakout, but number of winners she has picked is astounding.

Was reading through a summary of Disney's investor call from yesterday and planning to buy this morning. By the time I got in front of my computer, apparently a number of others had the same idea. Disney up 10% on the day. But, some incredible content coming in the near future, which has been a bit of an issue for them recently. I also do not know a single family with kids between 2-10 that does not have Disney's streaming service. But here is a run down of what they have planned:

Disney investor day highlights (tl;dr expects 230-260 mil subs in 2024, tons of new content, price hikes)
Disney will reorganize to two departments: Disney Media and Disney Parks, Experiences and Product.

Disney+ now up to 86.8 mil subscribers. Fears subscribers and growth would drop a year after launch were unfounded. Growth. Says most current subscribers do not have kids.

Hulu currently 38.8M, ESPN+ 11.5M, 137M paying subs total. Disney still considers themselves in "launch mode" with most expenses in content development and brand awareness in new markets.

New Subscriber Expectations: FY 2024 = 230-260 mil Disney+ subscribers (up from 60-90 Mil originally). ESPN estimated 20-30 mil, Hulu estimated 50-60 mil in 2024. Expects profitability in DTC by 2024 with peak losses in 2021.

New ad-free Hulu + D+ + ESPN bundle for $18.99. Price hike of +$1 for D+, +€2 in Europe and other markets. Just one year before Disney's first price hike.

No info about the parks, now the black sheep of the disney franchise

Disney will Launch Star (Hulu for international markets) on 2/23/21 in Europe, Canada, Australia, and Singapore first with further launches planned. Star will be fully integrated in Disney+ (accessed like this). Star+ is an exclusive sports streaming app for Latin America.

Pixar Soul released free on D+ on Christmas. "Luca" & "Raya and the Last Dragon" released in theaters as well as Disney+ premiere (same way as Mulan) in 2021.

Announced new movie Encanta set in Colombia, music by Lin-Manuel Miranda

Comcast will make D+ available on xfinity platform

ESPN gets the SEC college football contract (CBS loses it). Hulu will add direct integration with ESPN. ESPN+ new studio show starring Stephen A Smith

There was so much new content announced that this is a pretty bad summary and I missed a lot, but overall idea is Disney is investing big into content and especially D2C content:

10 new Marvel and 10 new Star Wars series "over the next few years". 15 live action/animated/pixar series, 15 live action/animated/Pixar movies. All direct to Disney+

Wandavision in Jan, Falcon and Winter Soldier in March, Loki in May

FX producing lots of new content for Hulu. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 4 new seasons on Hulu, will be longest-running live action sitcom in TV history. Handmaid's Tale season 4 and 5 announced.

New Kardashian reality show to Hulu. Only Murders in the Building starring Selena Gomez, Steve Martin and Martin Short to Hulu

Sequel to Enchanted, live action Peter Pan, live action Pinnochio, Sister Act 3 all Disney+ exclusives. Also Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Lion King prequel, live action Little Mermaid in theaters and then D+

New live action D+ shows targeting the entire family including Mighty Ducks starring Lauren Graham and Emilio Estevez, Turner and Hooch starring Josh Peck, Big Shot starring Yvette Nicole Brown and John Stamos. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Percy Jackson series in development.

New animated Disney+ tv shows starring Moana and Tiana (princess and the frog), Zootopia series. Cool new sci-fi animated series set in Nigeria.

New original movies inspired by the real-life stories of Chris Paul, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Keanon Lowe

National Geographic (on D+) releases new documentaries filmed while landscapes were closed due to covid 19, Jacques Cousteau biopic

Chris Hemsworth and Will Smith both have new documentary series on National Geographic

Was reading through a summary of Disney's investor call from yesterday and planning to buy this morning. By the time I got in front of my computer, apparently a number of others had the same idea. Disney up 10% on the day. But, some incredible content coming in the near future, which has been a bit of an issue for them recently. I also do not know a single family with kids between 2-10 that does not have Disney's streaming service. But here is a run down of what they have planned:

Disney investor day highlights (tl;dr expects 230-260 mil subs in 2024, tons of new content, price hikes)
Disney will reorganize to two departments: Disney Media and Disney Parks, Experiences and Product.

Disney+ now up to 86.8 mil subscribers. Fears subscribers and growth would drop a year after launch were unfounded. Growth. Says most current subscribers do not have kids.

Hulu currently 38.8M, ESPN+ 11.5M, 137M paying subs total. Disney still considers themselves in "launch mode" with most expenses in content development and brand awareness in new markets.

New Subscriber Expectations: FY 2024 = 230-260 mil Disney+ subscribers (up from 60-90 Mil originally). ESPN estimated 20-30 mil, Hulu estimated 50-60 mil in 2024. Expects profitability in DTC by 2024 with peak losses in 2021.

New ad-free Hulu + D+ + ESPN bundle for $18.99. Price hike of +$1 for D+, +€2 in Europe and other markets. Just one year before Disney's first price hike.

No info about the parks, now the black sheep of the disney franchise

Disney will Launch Star (Hulu for international markets) on 2/23/21 in Europe, Canada, Australia, and Singapore first with further launches planned. Star will be fully integrated in Disney+ (accessed like this). Star+ is an exclusive sports streaming app for Latin America.

Pixar Soul released free on D+ on Christmas. "Luca" & "Raya and the Last Dragon" released in theaters as well as Disney+ premiere (same way as Mulan) in 2021.

Announced new movie Encanta set in Colombia, music by Lin-Manuel Miranda

Comcast will make D+ available on xfinity platform

ESPN gets the SEC college football contract (CBS loses it). Hulu will add direct integration with ESPN. ESPN+ new studio show starring Stephen A Smith

There was so much new content announced that this is a pretty bad summary and I missed a lot, but overall idea is Disney is investing big into content and especially D2C content:

10 new Marvel and 10 new Star Wars series "over the next few years". 15 live action/animated/pixar series, 15 live action/animated/Pixar movies. All direct to Disney+

Wandavision in Jan, Falcon and Winter Soldier in March, Loki in May

FX producing lots of new content for Hulu. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 4 new seasons on Hulu, will be longest-running live action sitcom in TV history. Handmaid's Tale season 4 and 5 announced.

New Kardashian reality show to Hulu. Only Murders in the Building starring Selena Gomez, Steve Martin and Martin Short to Hulu

Sequel to Enchanted, live action Peter Pan, live action Pinnochio, Sister Act 3 all Disney+ exclusives. Also Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Lion King prequel, live action Little Mermaid in theaters and then D+

New live action D+ shows targeting the entire family including Mighty Ducks starring Lauren Graham and Emilio Estevez, Turner and Hooch starring Josh Peck, Big Shot starring Yvette Nicole Brown and John Stamos. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Percy Jackson series in development.

New animated Disney+ tv shows starring Moana and Tiana (princess and the frog), Zootopia series. Cool new sci-fi animated series set in Nigeria.

New original movies inspired by the real-life stories of Chris Paul, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Keanon Lowe

National Geographic (on D+) releases new documentaries filmed while landscapes were closed due to covid 19, Jacques Cousteau biopic

Chris Hemsworth and Will Smith both have new documentary series on National Geographic

Content is king.

The ARK funds are super interesting. She pretty much targets disruptors and has five core funds ... innovation, genome, fintech, AI, and next generation internet.

The hard part is how much of it is shooting fish in a barrel over the last few years and how much are they just good at what they do. I think it is somewhere in the middle, but the fund employs experts in each field aside from finance folks. Really interesting investing ethos in any case and worth looking into their underlying investments and moves.
I bought some arkg arfk and arkk after reading about it here and doing research. I also added addtl exposure to individ names withing the 5 ark etfs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
10.86 close today. Take me dumpster diving with you lol.
I was hoping it would drop after yesterday’s 35% gain. Wanted to buy more. Up 14% today. Motley fool pushed it. That’s why the jump. Some think it’s going to keep going.

Advertisement
Saw that... Ripple could move the most though....
Ya, i'm out of the alt coin game. Liquidated my binance an coinbase accts quite awhile back and tucked away some ada and vet on my ledger for ***** and giggles. Just have btc and eth on robinhood atm.

Ya, i'm out of the alt coin game. Liquidated my binance an coinbase accts quite awhile back and tucked away some ada and vet on my ledger for ***** and giggles. Just have btc and eth on robinhood atm.
I own them both as well. Sold out of lite coin and bought more bit months ago.

Advertisement
Picked up some Nike today. A lot of institution money has been moving into it, analysts moving more bullish on it.

Bitcoin folks - how do you buy it? I’d like to buy some, but have no earthly idea about the wallets or whatever. Can you just do it on PayPal now?

Picked up some Nike today. A lot of institution money has been moving into it, analysts moving more bullish on it.

Bitcoin folks - how do you buy it? I’d like to buy some, but have no earthly idea about the wallets or whatever. Can you just do it on PayPal now?
I use Coinbase pro. It’s a bit of a challenge. Lots of security in crypto.

Robinhood: You can buy/trade bitcoin here but you do do own the "keys" to bitcoin. This is like trading gold etf's, you bought gold but it's in a london vault.

Coinbase Pro: (cheaper trading fees than regular coinbase). You can buy/trade bitcoin here as well but you have the added ability to send your bitcoin to any other wallet that accepts bitcoin, or into cold storage. (you own the digital keys to your $)

Paypal: DYOR on this one i know you can buy it but i don't believe you actually own the keys to it here. You can spend it with paypal affiliated merchants, and perhaps use third parties to shop out of network based on quick read.

Cashapp: DYOR idk anything about this company

Grayscale Trust: Wouldn't recommend this. Fees and premiums out the ***.

Advertisement
Back