Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Since many of you might be tired of me being so bearish for so long, there are a few reasons to be a bit more optimistic, as the prices of oil, metals and lumber have all come down. Having written that, I am still not adding any risk.
gas is finally under 4.50 a gallon where im at lol.

Worldwide oil supplies are very tight. You are going to have periodic wild up and downs swings, but in almost any time frame, barring a severe global recession, oil is only going to keep rising.

Advertisement
Worldwide oil supplies are very tight. You are going to have periodic wild up and downs swings, but in almost any time frame, barring a severe global recession, oil is only going to keep rising.
Ya, not expecting any kind of pullback till fall when demand eases a bit. Europe will have tough decisions to make on russian energy before winter approaches.

DME upped their raise to $7.5mm CAD from $5mm

@CFLCane
DME starts around 44m mark. Old grumpy president Don Mosher sounds annoyed, i wish they'd get an enthusiastic spokesperson to talk to new investors.

*9 million usd cash reserve (before PP)
*PP was 5.8m USD equivalent so around 14.8m cash on hand
*processing facility #1 July/Aug (imagine that another delay)
*2nd processing facility 12 months (go ahead and add 6 months to that for your sanity)
*Stock buy backs and or dividends 6 months timeline (not holding my breath for them to hold that timeline)

Advertisement
DME starts around 44m mark. Old grumpy president Don Mosher sounds annoyed, i wish they'd get an enthusiastic spokesperson to talk to new investors.

*9 million usd cash reserve (before PP)
*PP was 5.8m USD equivalent so around 14.8m cash on hand
*processing facility #1 July/Aug (imagine that another delay)
*2nd processing facility 12 months (go ahead and add 6 months to that for your sanity)
*Stock buy backs and or dividends 6 months timeline (not holding my breath for them to hold that timeline)

I like Don. No nonsense, no sunshine. My kind of exec.

Last edited:
I posted above that rental housing is still sky high, oil and metals are going back up, etc. etc. So the Fed is backed into raising another 75 bps, and you dont fight the Fed, right?

I posted above that rental housing is still sky high, oil and metals are going back up, etc. etc. So the Fed is backed into raising another 75 bps, and you dont fight the Fed, right?

I am positioned in (what I believe to be) an undervalued nickel play and I am excited for my rental property revenue to rise. :)

Advertisement
What is the nickel play? On rental residential, B+ and above is the most promising, its unclear how much more rents can rise for the rest.

Agree. I sold off a C project in January. My biggest one ever. At a 6.75% cap rate. 65% gain in three years (45% net inclusive of renovations/make readies but exclusive of three year income stream). Big win. Yay me. Totally agree. My remaining residential is A. Not selling anytime soon. 8 years left on a 2.75% 10/1 IO. Great monthly net. That and some Int'l land I am sitting on.

The nickel play I've low-key mentioned on here. It's OTC, trades on the AUS exchange and is often quoted in AUD. Adavale Resources Limited.

Let's just say I am privy to some interesting information on it. I bought more this week at $US .016. Caveat Emptor.

Agree. I sold off a C project in January. My biggest one ever. At a 6.75% cap rate. 65% gain in three years (45% net inclusive of renovations/make readies but exclusive of three year income stream). Big win. Yay me. Totally agree. My remaining residential is A. Not selling anytime soon. 8 years left on a 2.75% 10/1 IO. Great monthly net. That and some Int'l land I am sitting on.

The nickel play I've low-key mentioned on here. It's OTC, trades on the AUS exchange and is often quoted in AUD. Adavale Resources Limited.

Let's just say I am privy to some interesting information on it. I bought more this week at $US .016. Caveat Emptor.

Thank you. You should make a ridiculous amount of money on your real estate. Personally though, not a fan of penny stocks.

Thank you. You should make a ridiculous amount of money on your real estate. Personally though, not a fan of penny stocks.

What about Tanzanian mining penny stocks? :)

Certainly not something to bite off a big chunk of. That said I could see this one at .10-.50 next few years. Pennies are fun, you can find some early stuff that's real. This one however, comes from a hedge fund bud who is tangentially involved.

Advertisement
I like Don. No nonsense, no sunshine. My kind of exec.

Dilution Don

DESERT MOUNTAIN ENERGY ANNOUNCES PRIVATE PLACEMENT REPRICING

VANCOUVER, BC, June 28, 2022 /CNW/ - DESERT MOUNTAIN ENERGY CORP. (the "Company") (TSXV: DME) (OTC: DMEHF) (Frankfurt: QM01) Due to general negative market pressures over the weeks, and a corresponding reduction in the Company's trading price, the Company will be reducing the per unit price of the private placement announced June 8 and 21, 2022.
The price per Unit of the private placement will be reduced from $3.00 per Unit to $2.50 per Unit. All other terms and conditions of the private placement will remain the same, with each Unit consisting of one common share of the Company and one share purchase warrant. Each whole Warrant will allow the subscriber to purchase one additional share of the Company for a period of three (3) years from the date of the closing at a price of CAD $4.00 per share. The expiry of the Warrants may be accelerated at the election of the Company on the terms as previously stated. The Units will be subject to a 4-month hold period. The private placement is subject to the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange.
Please refer to the Company's news releases of June 8 and 21, 2022 for further details.

Michael Bury thinks we see supply chain glut and deflation forcing fed rate cuts. Will be interesting.

Advertisement
Back