Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I donated to Pulse X crypto...... Getting in on ground floor......... Anyone familiar?

Advertisement
Picked up a little more AMD. Down on the Xilinx merger being approved in China, but have to like where this takes them in the next few years. Also, it seems like the government has started making a big deal of the chip shortage, so you would think that will help either with tax breaks, incentives of some sort, or higher prices.

Are we still holding VFF?

From a long term perspective nothing has changed. Other than that I clearly misjudged what would happen politically. I can’t believe there was no movement at all with full dem control this year. I also didn't play the meme thing well because it's a joke and I'm not. But maybe I should be.

That’s been the main sentiment driver in the sector - VFF just followed the sector. If you look at VFF versus the MJ (weed index) it’s almost identical.

Operationally they did what they said they would… still executing, profitable in a sector where no one is, management aligned with shareholders, gaining market share, expanding in the right places. But they just can’t find traction in terms of stock price because of what’s going on legislatively and in the current risk-off from speculative asset environment.

If you ask me where i see them in 5 years I would say exponentially higher. but I would never have believed the overall sector could be this bad this year. Which has been tough to swallow from a near-term perspective. I will say at this level trading almost at book value, it’s somewhat shocking that someone hasn’t come and bought them.

The only reason I haven’t been buying really ******* aggressively at 5 (or under) is because this market is insane and irrational right now. Anything speculative is just getting waxed because of Fed threat, Russia / Ukraine turmoil, etc.

I do think it’s a strong buy long-term though and I am certainly not selling, only looking to add.

Advertisement
Yeah I missed that $6.68 by not being aware of this thread. Although, I did look at it when it was even less but Defi in general makes me nervous. Now I am seeing it pushing $30 🤦‍♂️

I have also been looking at CityCoins, specifically MiamiCoin MIA since it is the first one. I don’t know if it’s really going to go anywhere but it’s an interesting concept.

Did anyone ever mess with these? I noticed they got killed.

No disrespect intended at anybody, but many/most of you are still playing the growth/momentum card. That is gone now. With the market repeatedly failing to break the 200 day, the possibility still exists for substantial downside. And with the Fed WAY behind in normalizing, and the idiots in the White House and Congress wanting to waste even more money, the possibility of stagflation is VERY real, and that is BRUTAL. Go back and review "the lost decade".

Beyond that, Afghanistan was a debacle, and it greatly emboldened a lot of the bad actors. So the geopolitical risks are the highest they have been since maybe the 1960's. Iran is racing towards a bomb, which they are crazy enough to use (via a proxy), Russia is eyeing Ukraine (perhaps better than 50/50 chance), China is eying Taiwan (will probably follow Russia's lead), North Korea is conducting multiple ballistic missile tests, etc etc. We are not in a risk on environment.

Advertisement
No disrespect intended at anybody, but many/most of you are still playing the growth/momentum card. That is gone now. With the market repeatedly failing to break the 200 day, the possibility still exists for substantial downside. And with the Fed WAY behind in normalizing, and the idiots in the White House and Congress wanting to waste even more money, the possibility of stagflation is VERY real, and that is BRUTAL. Go back and review "the lost decade".

Beyond that, Afghanistan was a debacle, and it greatly emboldened a lot of the bad actors. So the geopolitical risks are the highest they have been since maybe the 1960's. Iran is racing towards a bomb, which they are crazy enough to use (via a proxy), Russia is eyeing Ukraine (perhaps better than 50/50 chance), China is eying Taiwan (will probably follow Russia's lead), North Korea is conducting multiple ballistic missile tests, etc etc. We are not in a risk on environment.
As a counter, what general sectors or strategies are you targeting? Or are you being patient and waiting for things to play out a bit?

Advertisement

Agree with you on Geo/Political aspect. IMO, this has not been priced into the market enough. Any of the risks you've stated, plus others which haven't popped up yet can send the market reeling.

Advertisement
Every time there is a drop the boomers come out of the woodwork like so many stray cats.

Counterpoint:

You may well be right, but remember there is no substitute for experience. One of the members of my investment committee started in the business in 1970. He has seen inflation, he has seen stagflation, and remembers what worked and what didnt. And he is as bearish as they come right now.

You may well be right, but remember there is no substitute for experience. One of the members of my investment committee started in the business in 1970. He has seen inflation, he has seen stagflation, and remembers what worked and what didnt. And he is as bearish as they come right now.

I was being specific to crypto. Not equity trading.

Reliable domestic supply is critical.

These are crude prices keep in mind.

“We’re seeing prices of US$400 to $500 per mcf (thousand cubic meters) going into Australia and India, and that’s probably going to be the price you’ll see in the markets around the world.

“The anticipation was that the price would drop to US$200 to US$250 as the Russian supply came online, depending where you are potentially even lower, possibly down to US$180.

“I think of lot these customers out there probably signed deals at those prices, but that won’t be happening now.”

Advertisement
Back