Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Going to dip my toe in DMEHF here. I like that it held the $3 support and seems to be making a renewed push to 3.50.
Nice. I’ve been standing pat on my position. Was planning to buy more at the # @Cryptical Envelopment mentioned.

I’ve been a little gun shy about buying over the last couple weeks. Probably missing some opps

Advertisement
@wspcane-

For fun, let's revisit the conversation and take a look at where these stocks were on Sept 24 when I posted this suggested long-term "buy it and forget it" portfolio that is more focused instead of just buying ETF's and funds, and where they are now.

TPL: Was $421, now $725, +72%

BRPHF: Was $2.02, now $6, +197%

XOM: Was $34, now $44.50, +31%

AAPL: Was $107, now $129, +21%

AMZN: Was $2,990, now $3,238, +8.3%

You'd be up +66% in your portfolio in less than three months if you split your investment evenly over these 5 stocks. And 60% of your portfolio would have been bluechips, and other 20% would have been maybe even more conservative in some people's minds (TPL). And this doesn't even include some dividends you would have been paid along the way (XOM and APPL).

You could do worse.

Hi. Was just doing some maintenance DD on XOM and it gave me the idea to re-visit this September 24, 2020 suggested portfolio and see where we'd be. I also wanted to bump this to keep track as the search stuff seems to only go back so far. Spoiler alert: We dropped our balls on the market's chin.

TPL: Was $421, now $1,517, +260%

BRPHF: Was $2.02, now $17.29, +756%

XOM: Was $34, now $60.39, +78%

AAPL: Was $107, now $130.20, +22%

AMZN: Was $2,990, now $3,482, +16%

You'd be up +226% in your portfolio in less than nine months if you split your investment evenly over these 5 stocks. And 60% of your portfolio would have been bluechips, and other 20% would have been maybe even more conservative in some people's minds (TPL). And this doesn't even include some dividends you would have been paid along the way (XOM, which would be another 10%, and even some APPL).

You could do worse.

Hi. Was just doing some maintenance DD on XOM and it gave me the idea to re-visit this September 24, 2020 suggested portfolio and see where we'd be. I also wanted to bump this to keep track as the search stuff seems to only go back so far. Spoiler alert: We dropped our balls on the market's chin.

You'd be up +226% in your portfolio in less than nine months if you split your investment evenly over these 5 stocks. And 60% of your portfolio would have been bluechips, and other 20% would have been maybe even more conservative in some people's minds (TPL). And this doesn't even include some dividends you would have been paid along the way (XOM, which would be another 10%, and even some APPL).

You could do worse.
Shoulda and coulda… what are your thoughts on XOM at this point? AAPL seems like it is ready to start its march up.

You'd be up +226% in your portfolio in less than nine months if you split your investment evenly over these 5 stocks. And 60% of your portfolio would have been bluechips, and other 20% would have been maybe even more conservative in some people's minds (TPL). And this doesn't even include some dividends you would have been paid along the way (XOM, which would be another 10%, and even some APP

awesome stuff and thank you! BRPHF is the jewel.

any chance for a new CIS target list 6/2021?

Advertisement
awesome stuff and thank you! BRPHF is the jewel.

any chance for a new CIS target list 6/2021?

Honestly, these weren't even my best recs. I was trying to give homie a buy it and forget it portfolio to show that stock picking can be more more sensible than funds. That was the context. I've never owned a share of Amazon in my life. VFF and a few other favorites are missing.

Last edited:
Honestly, these weren't even my best recs. I was trying to give homie and buy it and forget it portfolio. That was the context. I've never owned a share of Amazon in my life. VFF and a few other favorites are missing.
I wished I had listened more. Iirc it was last summer going into fall and I was too hesitant thinking the second shoe was waiting to fall. Of course it never did. Ignored the old rule of don’t try to time the market.

I wished I had listened more. Iirc it was last summer going into fall and I was too hesitant thinking the second shoe was waiting to fall. Of course it never did. Ignored the old rule of don’t try to time the market.

Hindsight, brother. Don't get me started. We all live there.

Advertisement
Interesting area here for AGEN. Clear resistance since last September around the $5.30 area. I don't love that it couldn't hold above this resistance on last week's push so I'm going to book some profit on this now and ride out the rest. If we see a clear rejection again, there will likely be more buying opportunities to compound profits.
RrV0tlru.png

I haven't done a great deal of technical chart analysis - but to me that appears to be a very clear "triple top", no? Or are the timelines spread too far apart to draw any great conclusion?

Advertisement
I haven't done a great deal of technical chart analysis - but to me that appears to be a very clear "triple top", no? Or are the timelines spread too far apart to draw any great conclusion?
I think it would need to hit the lows again to validate the triple top pattern and then you would be looking for it to continue to the downside. Right now it's just at an area of resistance and it's anyone's guess as to which way it will go. I don't want to guess on that, but I also don't want to give away all my profit in the event that it does fall to the prior swing lows.

Interesting area here for AGEN. Clear resistance since last September around the $5.30 area. I don't love that it couldn't hold above this resistance on last week's push so I'm going to book some profit on this now and ride out the rest. If we see a clear rejection again, there will likely be more buying opportunities to compound profits.
View attachment 148226

The things that stood out to me is that the RSI and MACD were peaking on the last ATH's. Current RSI and MACD show a little room to run. Def a good place to book some profit though.

I think we could just be resetting the RSI now for another push higher. If the market continues to grind higher, I suspect AGEN will make another run at resistance level. But I want to protect against that massive downside risk so I took some profits today.

View attachment 148226

Also,

They may cure some diseases.

Advertisement
Back