Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
So. Let's talk about VFF again for a minute. Because... well, you know. I see a couple of you all got stopped out, etc.

Why did we buy VFF? Because we think they are going to be a $2B-$3B stock in due time (it's $700M~ now). I am also pretty sure they have been approached but told suiters to ***** off. Why? Because management probably thinks they will be a $5B company eventually. Why do we agree with them? Simply because they can make a quality product cheaper then the competition, and they are incredibly well positioned for international expansion when regulatory allows. TLRY, ACB, and OGI etc. have all reported. All down 10-20% q/q in revenue. I see some potential bankruptcies in there eventually. The growth in Q1 VFF had was actually incredible comparatively. Gentlemen, we have a better mousetrap then they do, IMO. And we are only trading at 2.5x revenue I believe. Look, it trades thin, and the Canadian cannabis sector is BS, so you can't get caught up in the daily share price. It deserves to be around $18 as I type this IMO. VFF is the long-term winner IMO. If we don't get bought out big before then.

Me? I am holding the line. Bought more, even though I am overweight. This is MY OPINION, as always.

There are lots of $18-$26 PT's out there. $30 is mine. This guy is a good follow if you want other opinions. He runs MSOS which is the ETF of US cannabis stocks. VFF is his only canadian pick and he’s been pounding the table since last year, calling for a buyout, just like us.

Also, up 10% so far today.

I'm wayyyyy overweight, and had to do a little margin maintenance that account to hold onto my shares lol.

Last edited:
Downside? Or is it the solution. Anyone who is even sniffing crypto needs to watch this interview with my crypto spirit animal, Ross Stevens.

Thank you for posting this. Awesome discussion here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You need to pick up some Cardano ADA!!!
I went in on ADA around early February and have only been adding to it since. It's only a matter of time till everybody gets sick of ETH high gas fees.
Watch out when ADA finally adds smart contracts. Charles and the team are taking their time but making sure they're doing it right.

Last edited:
Irregulars Quick Take
Newsletter:
Empire Elite Growth
Stock: Voyager Digital (VYGR.CX, VYGVF)
Travis’ take: This is a teaser pitch about Voyager Digital, which aims to be somewhat like the Robinhood of cryptocurrencies — they are a broker, entirely app-based right now, and they provide trading access to 50 or so cryptocurrencies without fees or commissions (and pay some interest on some of those coins). Usage has exploded in their first few months since launch, and their next quarter should be extraordinary — but that should be widely expected, too, with the updates the company has provided in recent months and the soaring prices of Bitcoin and others, so it’s anyone’s guess whether the number will be big enough to “surprise” investors and send the shares higher. I’ve been watching this one for a couple months, and the valuation is appealing if cryptocurrency prices remain in this range or keep rising, but I do not own it personally — mostly because I found the institutional angle that Galaxy Digital is pursuing (covered on Friday) more compelling.

Irregulars Quick Take
Newsletter:
Empire Elite Growth
Stock: Voyager Digital (VYGR.CX, VYGVF)
Travis’ take: This is a teaser pitch about Voyager Digital, which aims to be somewhat like the Robinhood of cryptocurrencies — they are a broker, entirely app-based right now, and they provide trading access to 50 or so cryptocurrencies without fees or commissions (and pay some interest on some of those coins). Usage has exploded in their first few months since launch, and their next quarter should be extraordinary — but that should be widely expected, too, with the updates the company has provided in recent months and the soaring prices of Bitcoin and others, so it’s anyone’s guess whether the number will be big enough to “surprise” investors and send the shares higher. I’ve been watching this one for a couple months, and the valuation is appealing if cryptocurrency prices remain in this range or keep rising, but I do not own it personally — mostly because I found the institutional angle that Galaxy Digital is pursuing (covered on Friday) more compelling.

Post their galaxy write up

Post their galaxy write up
Short version

Quick Take
Newsletter:
Predictive Profits
Stock: Galaxy Digital (GLXY.TO, BRPHF)
Travis’ take: Lichtenfeld is teasing Galaxy as the best one-stop shop for cryptocurrency exposure, and I agree that’s a decent strategy (albeit a high risk one). I’ve been buying into Galaxy Digital in recent weeks, and ramped up that position today by adding it to the Lock Box portfolio as well. I like their range of exposure to cryptocurrency and blockchain projects (facilitating trading, managing funds, investment banking services for crypto companies, venture capital investments, prime brokerage, etc.), which gives them more levers to pull than most crypto-related stocks, and the valuation, while fairly high and based on bitcoin prices to a large degree, is justifiable for a speculator and could turn out to be downright cheap if Bitcoin has another strong year or two. I’m keeping my exposure to cryptos under some control, so I sold some Ethereum and a few other minor tokens to make room for more Galaxy.

Advertisement
AGEN up 33% in pre-market. As I've said before, I see plenty of catalysts near and medium term. Here's a big one.

a month ago i took your advice and bought this stock as well as $2 calls...
Worship GIF

Advertisement
I went in on ADA around early February and have only been adding to it since. It's only a matter of time till everybody gets sick of ETH high gas fees.
Watch out when ADA finally adds smart contracts. Charles and the team are taking their time but making sure they're doing it right.
Very disappointed in myself today. I woke up this morning and considered buying some Polygon Matic. Decided to wait a bit. Next time I looked at the list price it was up 40%.🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
Back