Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I finally joined the party earlier this week on the dip to 20ish. And what a week it was.
Let's say 2020 EPS is $4.25 and we assign a P/E of 40, that takes us to $170. Add in $50 bump for NASDAQ listing and we're looking at a $220 stock.

Now before everyone takes out a 2nd mortgage to buy more galaxy, keep in mind that a large % of 2020 earnings were due the big gains on digital assets. Q1 earnings will also see a huge amount from DAG.

This comes down to can CEO Novogratz continue to deliver on his business plan and have it pay off in a big way and do their crypto assets continue to rise at a fast pace.

Advertisement
Let's say 2020 EPS is $4.25 and we assign a P/E of 40, that takes us to $170. Add in $50 bump for NASDAQ listing and we're looking at a $220 stock.

Now before everyone takes out a 2nd mortgage to buy more galaxy, keep in mind that a large % of 2020 earnings were due the big gains on digital assets. Q1 earnings will also see a huge amount from DAG.

This comes down to can CEO Novogratz continue to deliver on his business plan and have it pay off in a big way and do their crypto assets continue to rise at a fast pace.

Ha, slow down cowboy. Let's try to keep our heads in THIS galaxy. :) But I'd take it. +20,000%~ return on my first tranche would work for me. I need a new helicopter.

Also, new ATH and ATCH today. $26.52 and $26.31 respectively. #BRPHF (for now).

image.jpeg

L)?
Ha, slow down cowboy. Let's try to keep our heads in THIS galaxy. :) But I'd take it. +20,000%~ return on my first tranche would work for me. I need a new helicopter.

Also, new ATH and ATCH today. $26.52 and $26.31 respectively. #BRPHF (for now).

View attachment 145433
The real keys are what type of valuation will the market asign to Galaxy Digital moving forward. I think we can look to the coinbase IPO for clues here. A real high valuation over 40 would be very bullish (Keep in mind this is unchartered territory for analysts).

Then the 1st Q Galaxy earnings call and what does Galaxy have to say about forward looking earnings for 2021, especially non digital asset gains. If this comes in $2.60 to $3.00 this would be very good.

Have been seeing the price of VFF bounce around the $12-13 range for a few days so thought I would look at the chart to see what's going on. 50 day MA was price support until we hit the first leg of the corrective wave. Looks like new impulse wave starting now. Support at the fib 0.5 retracement since late March. Might be a nice time to take a long position based on TA though TA does not factor in market sentiment bearish on growth stocks since early-mid February.

download (2).png

Last edited:
Have been seeing the price of VFF bounce around the $12-13 range for a few days so thought I would look at the chart to see what's going on. 50 day MA was price support until we hit the first leg of the corrective wave. Looks like new impulse wave starting now. Support at the fib 0.5 retracement since late March. Might be a nice time to take a long position based on TA though TA does not factor in market sentiment bearish on growth stocks since early-mid February.

View attachment 145448
@Cryptical Envelopment I know you said you were shifting out of TRIT for the time being, but any thoughts on that one and VFF? Seems like both are just hanging around where they’re at.

Advertisement
L)?

The real keys are what type of valuation will the market asign to Galaxy Digital moving forward. I think we can look to the coinbase IPO for clues here. A real high valuation over 40 would be very bullish (Keep in mind this is unchartered territory for analysts).

Then the 1st Q Galaxy earnings call and what does Galaxy have to say about forward looking earnings for 2021, especially non digital asset gains. If this comes in $2.60 to $3.00 this would be very good.

....and the price of crypto, of course. Particularly BTC, ETH, and LUNA.

View attachment 145448

...and the whole sector is down. I think its worth a lot more than $12.

@Cryptical Envelopment I know you said you were shifting out of TRIT for the time being, but any thoughts on that one and VFF? Seems like both are just hanging around where they’re at.

I am long TRITW (but frustrated) and very, very long VFF. What's wrong with stocks hanging around where they're at for a while?

Last edited:
Advertisement
....and the price of crypto, of course. Particularly BTC, ETH, and LUNA.
Yes, exactly. I think analysts are still treating crypto as a fad that's going to come crashing down and therefore don't/won't fully price in crypto's value, especially with Galaxy where crypto is a huge piece of their business model. If you go back and analyze the crypto revolution in 6 month blocks you'll realize that it's not a fad.

I am long TRITW (but frustrated) and very, very long VFF. What's wrong with stocks hanging around where they're at for a while?
Nothing at all. Just with them being in that consolidation range we haven’t talked about em much on here lately. Hoping once Trit releases their report showing no fraud it starts climbing again.

Nothing at all. Just with them being in that consolidation range we haven’t talked about em much on here lately. Hoping once Trit releases their report showing no fraud it starts climbing again.

Yep, were here for the catalysts. We shall lie in the weeks and wait.

Advertisement

Crypto ETFs starting up won’t hurt the price moving up either.

View attachment 145448
I've picked up 30k VFF in the last 10 days

Advertisement
This is why I don't do price targets:

"Games are won by players who focus on the playing field—not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard.”

- Warren Buffett

Advertisement
Back