Still remember our BOT saying Mullen too Arrogant

Advertisement
I like the first part, I think you should give Richt a bit of a break, got the indoor done and left all that buyout money at the school, don't lump him with Golden.
That's fair.

Al Golden was a con artist - and he would have got away with it if he was ruthless and cut bait with his best man.

Mark Richt was burnt out by the time he got here. He really, really tried (the whole thing he did with Youth football in SoFl, trying to get the Canes involved as early as possible so future recruits build ties with the programme etc), but at the end of the day he let his ego get in the way. He thought he was still up to calling games - with this new fangled concept called RPOs that he'd learned recently - and he thought he was good enough to set up his son's coaching career and cover up his deficiencies while he learned on the job.

Fair play to him, he walked away from a lot of money (albeit whether that was just because he couldn't bring himself to fire his son I'm not sure!) and helped us get the IPF off the ground.

I like the first part, I think you should give Richt a bit of a break, got the indoor done and left all that buyout money at the school, don't lump him with Golden.
Yea he did good things but I'm talking about getting us where we need to be. To me all the last four hires have been the same with MR being the best of all of them. But he wasn't so great either....what he did off the field was awesome but I'm talking strictly as a HC that is bringing us to elite status. None of those guys were capable. I appreciate Mark stepping down I think he knew he couldn't do it here and didn't want any part of the mess so he got while he could.

Advertisement
Mullen chokes in big games. If you want to be a perennial 9-10 win team, who can never get over the hump, then Mullen is your guy. It’s better than what we’ve dealt with the past 15 years, but it’s still not ideal.
2018: 10-3 won Peach Bowl (Finished 6th)
2019: 11-2 won Orange Bowl (Finished 7th)

they'll probably play in another NY6 Bowl game. I'll take that all that.

Honestly I couldn't stomach a coach who lets / forces his wife to kiss all of the players as they come off the bus.

It's just deeply disturbing.
Lol so you're saying the players are forced to kiss her? Sounds rapey to me.

This board loves to fawn over mediocre coaches, mullet has zero recruiting skills. He’s a good x and o guy but he’s not the answer as a title level hc. You’d be firing the dude if we just ended the season that way w an elite o and that much skill talent at wr. now you make quakifiers and excuses
Again, we are fawning over " mediocre" coaches because we have had below average coaches for the last 15 years. I would argue that Mullen is an above average head coach..not elite. But guess what, I'll take that over the crappy coaches that we have had up to now. Mullen has a 7-2 bowl record and hasn't hit his peak yet. Let's see what this guy does with the resources available at UF. UF's trajectory has been upward and they just gave the best team in the country all they could handle. We, on the other hand, have beaten a bunch under performing ACC lightweights and just came off an *** raping at the hands of a 7-3 team when the stakes were high. Out of curiosity, who would you have us hire?

Advertisement
2018: 10-3 won Peach Bowl (Finished 6th)
2019: 11-2 won Orange Bowl (Finished 7th)

they'll probably play in another NY6 Bowl game. I'll take that all that.
So, you’re agreeing with me when I say he never gets his teams over the hump? This was the most talented team he’s ever had and they might finish 8-4.

This has nothing to do with Miami. Obviously, Mullen is better than any coach we’ve had here since Davis, but he’s not elite. Let’s stop pretending he is because we’re upset that we’re stuck with Diaz.

golden was an experienced HC by the time he got here. mullens recruiting will never work here. you guys cant just say bring this guy in without considering whether or not he can recruit here. its a diff animal to be in SFL and able to do it all. mullen can barely recruit at UF and you expect him to do it here without the UF/SEC bags/brand with him
@hoops156, thank you for an educated response, and I didnt know about his recruiting woes...

So, you’re agreeing with me when I say he never gets his teams over the hump? This was the most talented team he’s ever had and they might finish 8-4.

This has nothing to do with Miami. Obviously, Mullen is better than any coach we’ve had here since Davis, but he’s not elite. Let’s stop pretending he is because we’re upset that we’re stuck with Diaz.
Completely agree. He has a Heisman Level QB, Veteran OL, 1st Round TE, Toney, and a ton of other consistent guys on that offense and the best he could muster is 8-3. Mullen is a very good coach, but he’s not elite. Thought they may have turned the corner when he finally beat UGA, but that loss to LSU was terrible. Bama and A&M are Top 5 teams so no shame there, but to get over the hump he has to beat them. Losing Pitts, alone, means that O is going to take a step back next year. And that defense has massive issues.

Advertisement
I guess we have cancelled Mullen with this thread so onward we go with our fearless leader Shanny. We may suck at football but no program can make a locker room more warm and fuzzy than Diaz. When we lose 70-3 to Bama next year, I'll be eagerly awaiting the " moment was too big for our boys" speech that Shanny is going to deliver after handing out goody bags to the kids.

I guess we have cancelled Mullen with this thread so onward we go with our fearless leader Shanny. We may suck at football but no program can make a locker room more warm and fuzzy than Diaz. When we lose 70-3 to Bama next year, I'll be eagerly awaiting the " moment was too big for our boys" speech that Shanny is going to deliver after handing out goody bags to the kids.
Why is it relevant to point to Diaz when people argue Mullen is overrated? Can’t both be true?

Well, he maybe the next best thing outside of Dabo, Saban, Riley, Day, and Smart. We all know Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., and Oklahoma runs CFB.

Advertisement
It’s funny how clowns on here bring up that Florida is going to suck once they lose Trask, Pitts etc, but forget the same thing could be said about us once King, Phillips etc leave. Mullen has at least proven himself. Like we did not get blown by the only 2 teams with a pulse we played. UNC could’ve scored 100 on us but UF is a fraud because they have 3Ls in easily the best conference.
Then again, why argue with posters on here who thought Yearby >Cook, Knowles was going to be good or that we could have beat Bama last year.

Advertisement
Back