Still a Stupid & Small Team

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
Yes I understand this team was missing a-lot of guys but my overall takeaway from this game and season is that our HC, most of the Staff and team are still stupid when it comes gameday. And we look small all over the field. Examples:

• Why is Lou Cristobal (5'11, 295) playing over McCoy, Kinsler, Tripp, Tinilau?
  • Jacolby George looked extremely unfocused (didn't make an effort on that first deep throw, dropping the reverse) and had numerous costly penalties
  • Playing Thomas Gore (5'11, 280) - Where is Horton, Moten? **** I'lI take Liechtenstein over gore
  • Our whole DB unit looked small. Markieth Williams is tiny frame wise. Why no burn for Richard, Robert Stafford to prepare for next year? We need a major influx of talent through the Portal since our DB coach can't recruit
  • Does any DB know how to take a good angle? On the TD run to the corner, both Williams and Damari Brown don't take the right angle and allowed the RB to get outside of them and to the corner instead of forcing him back to the inside towards there teammates and tacklers
  • Special Teams blunder, terrible halftime adjustments, etc.
I mean Mario is an excellent recruiter, there's no doubt about it. And he's going to have us stacked with talent. But his game-day coaching and team play on game-day is still Manny/bonehead level and will cost us multiple games a year IMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes I understand this team was missing a-lot of guys but my overall takeaway from this game and season is that our HC, most of the Staff and team are still stupid when it comes gameday. And we look small all over the field. Examples:

• Jacolby George looked extremely unfocused (didn't make an effort on that first deep throw, dropping the reverse) and had numerous costly penalties
  • Playing Thomas Gore (5'11, 280) - Where is Horton, Moten? **** I'lI take Liechtenstein over gore
  • Our whole DB unit looked small. Markieth Williams is tiny frame wise. Why no burn for Richard, Robert Stafford to prepare for next year? We need a major influx of talent through the Portal since our DB coach can't recruit
  • Does any DB know how to take a good angle? On the TD run to the corner, both Williams and Brown don't take the right angle and allow the RB to get outside of them instead of forcing him back to the inside
  • Special Teams blunder, terrible halftime adjustments
I mean Mario is an excellent recruiter, there's no doubt about it. And he's going to have us stacked with talent. But his game-day coaching and team play on game-day is still Manny/bonehead level and will cost us multiple games a year IMO
#1 the bowl games mean nothing...and EVERY player that gives a ****, knows that.

Bowls used to, but now they just dont.

The emotional fans need some ******* medicine.

Those that actually know something about the game, can see that were making a change.

Does anyone actually believe that's what our D-line will look like next year?

Does anyone actually believe that's what our secondary will look like next year?

What about the o-line?

All signs (recruiting, redshirts, etc.), would lead one to believe we're heading in the right direction.

Calm down.

Last edited:

• Does any DB know how to take a good angle? On the TD run to the corner, both Williams and Brown don't take the right angle and allow the RB to get outside of them instead of forcing him back to the inside
  • Special Teams blunder, terrible halftime adjustments
We didn’t play the young guys because we played that game to win…because contrary to what apologists say, that bowl game mattered to Mario. 8 wins mattered.

We came out in a lose-lose situation. No burn for the next generation, and looked like crap regardless.

Advertisement
#1 the bowl games mean nothing...and EVERY player that gives a ****, knows that.

Those that actually no something about the game, can see that were making a change.

Does anyone actually believe, that's what our Dline will like next year?

Does anyone actually believe that's what our secondary will look like next year?

What about the oline?

All signs (recruiting, redshirts, etc.), would lead one to believe we're heading in the right direction.

Calm down.
Is this a troll?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Those that actually no something about the game, can see that were making a change.

Does anyone actually believe, that's what our Dline will like next year?

What about the oline?

Calm down.
6d7bc593-f275-4609-a37a-08c36a53a670_text.gif

42c7bd1c-1136-42be-bc6b-60fea82f378a_text.gif

Advertisement
Back