Stewart Mandel...ACC 2016 Predictions

Jeeperaf

Sophomore
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...c-clemson-florida-state-stewart-mandel-081816

BLUF: Mandel picks FSU over PITT in ACCCG...Miami as #3 in ACCCD

Always thought Mandel to be a decent writer and fairly even handed...not sure where he is coming from with his Pitt pick. I can see why (not agreeing with) he picked Miami as #3 in ACCCD, but Pitt to emerge as the division champ?

Granted, they have a strong coaching staff and backfield...are we the fanbase overlooking what Pitt brings to the field this year?

Doesnt make me right, but I looked over their roster, lurked on their fan boards, just nkt seeing a "of course Pitt is going to win it all" type of squad. Certainly not with expectations of UNC or the resurging Canes.

We have some interesting corch and croot types in this forum, but havent seen anyone go full Radio with a "Pitt as #1 " pick.

Has Mandel missed the mark?

Advertisement
Idk much about pitt but if connor is 100% our lbs are in for a battle. Ive got tickets to that game....kinda nervous.

Pitt was the dark horse last season. Is this Narduzzi 2nd or 3rd year?

Hopefully, after 2-3 years under Richt's leadership, we wont even have to discuss whether or not Pitt can compete with the Canes on the field. I can't wait to get to the point where that kind of topic is nothing more than a bad joke. Let's get it Richt!

Advertisement
The costal should be automatic every year. Like 50 years in a row automatic. We're the Miami ******* Hurricanes. Pitt shouldn't even be talked about in the same breath as us.

Quite a few analysts are picking pitt as the sort of suprise team to win the coastal. Pitt has no real threat at wr now that boyd is gone. Their qb is average at best. Defense was solid last year and they got some key guys returning.

All in all i see pitt being where they were last year at about 8 wins. Their defense is solid but if you put points up they are not built to come back.

Pitt has 12 Sr starters and 5 more in the 2 deep. In comparison we have 6 and 3 .

They also have 99 starts coming back on the OL (2nd most in ACC)

Advertisement
Pitt will go 7-5. I don't think Mandel follows the ACC too closely. A lot of strange comments about several teams.

I don't see Pitt winning the Coastal as that much of a stretch.

Narduzzi is a good coach, they have a Senior QB returning, get Conner back, and Qadree Ollison ran for 1,100 yds last year as a Freshman.

They're going to be tough.

Advertisement
We punked Pits on the road last season with the UEquipment coach roaming the sidelines clapping away ~ 15 penalties. Not a ******* thing to be worried about.

Quite a few analysts are picking pitt as the sort of suprise team to win the coastal. Pitt has no real threat at wr now that boyd is gone. Their qb is average at best. Defense was solid last year and they got some key guys returning.

All in all i see pitt being where they were last year at about 8 wins. Their defense is solid but if you put points up they are not built to come back.

That's also what I read, but until Mandel put ink to paper, I didnt pay the premise much attention.

Solid coaching, going to play on Sunday RB, after that though....?????

Anything can happen in the season, but I struggle to get on board that Pitt will win out over UNC, Miami, VT, etc to get to the division title...

Advertisement
Idk much about pitt but if connor is 100% our lbs are in for a battle. Ive got tickets to that game....kinda nervous.

Man, please. Our linebackers will be more than ready after facing Marquez and co in practice.

Kid had 1700 yds 5.9ypc and 26tds with 8 in the box as a sophmore. I like marquez but lol @ the comparison.

lol at your reading comprehension.. i said marquez and CO, BIH.

Meaning that we have enough physicality and athleticism in our RB group to more than prepare our linebackers for any back we face.

Man, please. Our linebackers will be more than ready after facing Marquez and co in practice.

Kid had 1700 yds 5.9ypc and 26tds with 8 in the box as a sophmore. I like marquez but lol @ the comparison.

lol at your reading comprehension.. i said marquez and CO, BIH.

Meaning that we have enough physicality and athleticism in our RB group to more than prepare our linebackers for any back we face.

Well if youre going to add 4rbs and 1 fb together to compare to 1 rb then sure buddy. You win lol.

Advertisement
Back