Steven Ortiz, 2021 DB, Arizona

Did the attention the kid got here actually influence anything?

I'd actually be curious if this site has ever actually helped get a kid an offer.
There was a lot of talk about this kid and the canes outfit he was wearing on twitter. This kind of thing gets around fairly fast now a days.

Advertisement
Isn't it a dead period?

lBIwj6i.gif

May? Rumph and Field should be in AZ the day dead period ends. Wow man. Just when you wanna give Rumph and the assistants a little credit they just make you scratch your head again.

He’s already gone to Eugene twice unofficially, and Penn state. Get on the ball!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yo do we have any non track numbers? Trying to figure out if speed is a factor in the the wait and see approach.

For a normal sized CB (Not small imo) he runs a decent 200 (23.75 as a Jr). Should improve again on those numbers as a SR.

IDK if comping him with Bandys, Youngs and Couchs is fair since they are smaller players and smaller cats tend to trend better in track. Bandy almost broke 11 in the 100, Young hit 10.95 in the 100 and Couch had a 23.01 in the 200.

If Ortiz can comp well to a Blades or a Redwine then thats literally the last excuse gone for the staff.

EDIT: Wondering (this would be another awful reason) if Tim Burns Jr in the class already has Rumph thinking he wants to fill the rest of the DB class out with lankier players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
May? Rumph and Field should be in AZ the day dead period ends. Wow man. Just when you wanna give Rumph and the assistants a little credit they just make you scratch your head again.

He’s already gone to Eugene twice unofficially, and Penn state. Get on the ball!
It has to be An evaluation period of when they can start visiting schools of recruits, I dont Believe that’s in March

Did the attention the kid got here actually influence anything?

I'd actually be curious if this site has ever actually helped get a kid an offer.

He isnt that type of kid. He doesn't follow college football or nfl like that. No favorite team growing up and stuff. I can confirm he has talked with Rumph his dad a few days ago for like 45 min and to Steven Last night

There was a lot of talk about this kid and the canes outfit he was wearing on twitter. This kind of thing gets around fairly fast now a days.
Steven's uncle put his IG post decked out in Canes Gear on Twitter. The Tweet got 48.5K impressions and 7K likes/comments/retweets, so it probably was noticed by staff.

Steven's uncle put his IG post decked out in Canes Gear on Twitter. The Tweet got 48.5K impressions and 7K likes/comments/retweets, so it probably was noticed by staff.

@StCane please post instagram link and a copy of the picture

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back