Steven Ortiz, 2021 DB, Arizona

Advertisement
Advertisement
7 pages of y'all whining and no one shares the most recent highlights. So here

Last week one of the college DB coaches that is recruiting Steven watched all of his film, not just his highlights, in order to grade him. He said he was impressed by how little opposing teams threw at Steven compared to previous seasons. Opposing coordinators are actively avoiding him. (I won't say which coach in case the family doesn't want it out there.)

I'm definitely not a talent evaluator, but I didn't see much in the way of coverage and footwork from the film. Can someone speak to that? Kid definitely loves to hit though.

Advertisement
I'm definitely not a talent evaluator, but I didn't see much in the way of coverage and footwork from the film. Can someone speak to that? Kid definitely loves to hit though.

He's small and his backpedal isn't natural and fluid. Those are the criticisms I see. He snaps quickly out of his pedal and he can press and mirror at the line. That's all I can gather from these limited clips.

Obviously his playing temperament and play speed are huge positives as a run defender and physical presence. He reminds me of Courtland Finnegan in that sense.

He's small and his backpedal isn't natural and fluid. Those are the criticisms I see. He snaps quickly out of his pedal and he can press and mirror at the line. That's all I can gather from these limited clips.

Obviously his playing temperament and play speed are huge positives as a run defender and physical presence. He reminds me of Courtland Finnegan in that sense.
Wow that is an accurate comp

Advertisement
Advertisement
1582069133916.jpeg

He was taller than Bandy a year and a half ago (September 2018). I know he’s grown since then.

Advertisement
Back