Stephan Carr- RB

daddacane

Senior
247 had a picture of Stephan Carr, a running back from California, who was attending the spring game..Can't find info on him..Anyone know what his interest is in the "U"?

Advertisement
He's commited to USC, but to visit for Spring game seems to show interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid is an animal. His hudl highlights have Duke Johnson quality, which is saying something because Duke had some of the best HS highlights I've ever seen. Hopefully he stuck around in Miami for a bit and gets to check out campus and the facilities.

Advertisement
Thomas has been working him for a while. Coming here on his dime shows how interested he must be

Thomas Brown has us in with Anthony McFarland, Stephen Carr, Darrian Felix, and we don't know where we stand with D'Andre Swift but we landed in the top 10 of someone who probably never considered us if the the former staph was still here

Advertisement
This kid is legit.....would love to get him or McFarland...Brown showing his flexibility from DC to Cali!

Advertisement
He's commited to USC, but to visit for Spring game seems to show interest

I think it will be tough to pull him away from mom in California.
[video=youtube_share;amX0Vrwb3RM]http://youtu.be/amX0Vrwb3RM[/video]

Advertisement
Per 247:

"The coaches were recruiting me hard and I wanted to get a feel for the place," Carr said. "I decided the best way was to take a trip down and see what it's like. They worked with me to get all the details in order and that's how it got setup. The campus was beautiful and the environment was the same. It seemed like the West Coast except it gets a little humid and rains out of nowhere. Besides that, it feels pretty similar to California."

The staff did enough to convince Carr about traveling but they proved it wasn't just talk by the way they acted once both parties came face to face.

"The coaching staff was player friendly so that's something I have to look out for," Carr said. "I know they have to show recruits love, and they should do that, but I felt a little extra. That was definitely one of the big parts of my visit."

The outcome of the spring game wasn't as consequential for Carr as the style of offense in regards to the run/pass ratio.

"The game was great in terms of how much they ran the ball and how much they passed," Carr said. "I like the odds of them keeping it on the ground and that stuck out to me. If I were to go there, I think I would fit in a good spot on the depth chart."

Carr didn't have preexisting relationships with any other visitors but he didn't feel like too much of an outsider considering the geographic gap between him and everyone else.

"I met a few guys there, the quarterback (Cade Weldon), the 2018 wide receiver (Jermaine Eskridge), and the safety (Billy Gibson)," Carr said. "Most of the conversation was us being teenagers. We had a good time and they got into how great life is being committed to the 'U'. They weren't putting on the pressure but they dropped hints here and there what I should do."

Carr isn't on the most solid of ground with the Trojans but he's been up front with them about the situation and they're giving him some leash to stretch out.

"I'm still a soft commitment to USC and that's where I'm leaving it at," Carr said. "They also want my options to be open because they prefer whatever is best for me. They're hoping it's them but they understand I'm not done with the recruiting process. I let them know occasionally when I'm taking visits and what I'm up to."

"They worked with me to get all the details in order and that's how it got setup."

UKRIEKXNSLYVAKG.20160115012325.jpg

Advertisement
Back