Off-Topic Step in my office

Cribby

All-American
Premium
So the old man was doing some work today and lifted something heavy and I had a very loud pop in my upper arm , right where my elbow connects to the bicep. The pain was so intense I froze for about a minute thinking “ that’s not good.“. Being around sports and weight lifting I was like did I just blow out my bicep? After trying to pick something up afterward my arm died , even picking up a bag of chips caused excruciating pain. Now I have an Mri setup but the Dr thinks it’s a tear or partial tear. My question is if it’s a full tear how long am I looking to be down ? What am I looking at with the surgery ? Any advice will be great. I’m still trying to figure out if I can wipe my *** and beat my bag with the left or am I just screwed ? Maybe I need to look at bidets lol.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If full tear, expect a 6-8 week recovery. My wife had a complete tear of her long bicep muscle near the shoulder. Originally thought it was a dislocated shoulder until the bruising and the swelling started within a few mins. Because her tear was near the shoulder, she could still rotate at the elbow. If the tear is near the elbow rotations like turning a door handle or ***** driver will be difficult. But two months is the typical healing time; since my wife was. younger (26) her healing was a bit faster. Sorry, pal. I'm praying for your healing.

If full tear, expect a 6-8 week recovery. My wife had a complete tear of her long bicep muscle near the shoulder. Originally thought it was a dislocated shoulder until the bruising and the swelling started within a few mins. Because her tear was near the shoulder, she could still rotate at the elbow. If the tear is near the elbow rotations like turning a door handle or ***** driver will be difficult. But two months is the typical healing time; since my wife was. younger (26) her healing was a bit faster. Sorry, pal. I'm praying for your healing.
Mine is lower towards elbow and as you said turning a door handle motion is god awful. Very intense.

Mine is lower towards elbow and as you said turning a door handle motion is god awful. Very intense.
Yeah, it's definitely a bicep tear. You may be still able to wipe your butt though since you won't be rotating at the elbow. But that would mean passing up warm water on the bum.

Advertisement
Had my left bicep pinned to the bone at the shoulder last August. Also had a full tear of the cuff front to back. I’m now close to full strength and working on range of motion.

Advertisement
I think it’s a complete tear of a bicep tendon. Could be a 4-6 months rehab to near normal mobility and strength. Worse off if it’s your dominant side. Good luck.

Sorry about the injury, Cribs.

What were you trying to lift?

1681866907789.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back