Steed Post Practise Presser

423Hurricane

I’m Well On My Way
Premium

Thought I'd share this since there's been a lot of discussion about the LB's and we haven't heard from him in sometime.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
love the perseverance of steed after all he’s been through but straight honesty, his play last week was bad….wrong gaps, overrunning plays, glued to blocks. It was a tape on how not to play. There’s no reason other LBs shouldn’t be taking reps bc even if they aren’t quite ready, the LB play can’t get much worse. I’d rather live through growing pains with younger kids than recycling bad play from older guys.

Advertisement
Smh I heard about him playing through that his SR year of HS..to be 100 it’s a shame on the MNW coaches etc for allowing him to play through that all year without them getting him looked at..that’s crazy

I can understand if he got the results and Knew then decided to play..but from what he said he didn’t even know

Advertisement
No LB development
No LB recruiting
= crappy LB on field play

Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud got progressively worse while at Miami

Manny and his dogsh!t underlings (Patke Baker) are awful

Imagine if we didn’t have surplus Safety talent

I’m done with Manny…. That dude would talk and swear to you that three $5 bills are better than a $20

love the perseverance of steed after all he’s been through but straight honesty, his play last week was bad….wrong gaps, overrunning plays, glued to blocks. It was a tape on how not to play. There’s no reason other LBs shouldn’t be taking reps bc even if they aren’t quite ready, the LB play can’t get much worse. I’d rather live through growing pains with younger kids than recycling bad play from older guys.
Exactly this.

Love his perseverance, love his attitude and how he is carrying himself. I can't imagine what it must be like to deal with injury after injury. Genuinely seems like a great kid.
He's been in the system for a while. He's made some improvements, BUT imo isn't even 2 deep material. Like sad to say but he doesn't doesn't have the "it" factor. Neither does Jennings. We all see this.

I don't know how we fix the whole playing senior players thing. I understand where it comes from. It comes from the coaches not wanting players who don't understand the system that won't cause missed assignments or affect the team negatively, BUT when you have someone who is going to miss the tackle whether or not they're in the right position or not or you have someone who doesn't have closing speed and will get burnt, what does it matter? It is better to put your playmakers out there and let them learn on the fly/coach them up. I can see why true freshman may not start, especially ones who only had fall camp, because you have players who haven't been through college S&C yet, the new system, the speed of the game, etc, but other than that I don't think there's any excuse to not get your best players on the field. If these younger guys aren't "getting it" then that is either a coaching failure or a massive recruiting miss.

We need to figure out how the big programs do it. All of the NCAA rules we have to follow for # of practices allowed and # of scrimmages allowed, etc I think that is part to blame. I don't know that UM has figured out how to navigate that. These big schools have "analysts" for days and these players are getting coached up (indirectly) year round. And these analysts are just reporting back and getting guidance from the HC. Something along those lines is missing at UM.

tl;dr Steed is a good kid. Doesn't have the goods though. Also the coaches suck.

Advertisement
Back