States that have produced the most draft picks over the past 10 years

Advertisement
I believe the most players on an the 52 man rosters are from texas.

Would like to see the starters and where they are from to even get a better breakdown what state produces the best talent.

Advertisement
It's confusing to me that people find this difficult to explain. Larry Coker. Randy Shannon Al Golden. Nevin Shapiro. Blake James. Mystery solved.
Now name the QB's we had(minus Dorsey) during those coaches and you can really see why we have been so bad.

Do they have draft picks per capita /for every 100000 people by state, too?

Not doubting how great Florida is with the NFL but would be nice to know how it shifts by certain regions (versus large states having more and smaller states naturally having less).

The best way to look at it would be by those playing a particular sport in each state. That or total number of high school students. In either case, I don't have the time to figure that out. Good luck to someone if they want to do it.

What does gentrify have to do with anything.

We been a retirement state for eons and still produce the way we do.

Nothing has changed..the best youth ball is played in south florida and the state of florida in the country and the parks are atill jampacked in south florida with 5 and 6 year olds in pads

it might be jam packed still but there’s going to be a shift, it’s inevitable.

It was an affordable retirement state before, not so much now.

Miami is changing rapidly. Natives are leaving

The best way to look at it would be by those playing a particular sport in each state. That or total number of high school students. In either case, I don't have the time to figure that out. Good luck to someone if they want to do it.
Number of High School Students per Draft Pick:

Louisiana- 1,900
Georgia- 2,500
Alabama- 2,700
Florida- 3,000
Maryland- 4,000
North Carolina- 4,900
Ohio- 5,100
Texas- 5,500
Pa- 6,500
Cali- 6,900

Enough with the per capital stuff.

The bottom line is what it is.
There is more talent in Florida than any other state.

Advertisement
it might be jam packed still but there’s going to be a shift, it’s inevitable.

It was an affordable retirement state before, not so much now.

Miami is changing rapidly. Natives are leaving
The youth football numbers ARENT declining though is what im getting at.

As long as there is moms and dads ready to live out their dreams through their kids we will stay choc full. The natives are leaving and the immigrants are picking up the sport now easier.

There was a time haitians werent playing the sport much that definately has changed big time.

Also ppl are forgetting their are a bunch of major cities in the state other than us. For example just look at what Tampa area has this year. Orlando area is seeing an uptick in talent.

The only part of south florida i generlaly have seen effects have been in the muck with families moving east with their being no jobs out there in belle glade and pahokee.

Imagine if Florida high schools had the coaching and facilities that Texas players have? Florida players benefit so much from college coaching and training. A lot of these other states produce high school kids who have already peaked. They often don’t get better.

Do they have draft picks per capita /for every 100000 people by state, too?

Not doubting how great Florida is with the NFL but would be nice to know how it shifts by certain regions (versus large states having more and smaller states naturally having less).
Just eyeballing it, looks like Lousiana wins that one (or at least blows FL away)

Advertisement
Just by example, using a quick lazy look up by me, the latest stats that I found show Texas having a population of roughly 30 million, and Florida is about 22 million. Note that Florida is number one in terms of numbers by a good amount over Texas (#2).

Now, @Coach Macho brought up some good points regarding aged population, which obviously are not in the mix for possible football talent.

I don’t think there’s any question that whether you look at total numbers or per capita, it’s not even close, especially when you factor “eligible“ population, remember, we got a ton of old people in the state, way more than any of these other states that may be high in per capita number. Now, maybe some smaller states like Louisiana or Georgia might be close. But Florida still leads I would bet.

I don’t have time to crunch the numbers, but I would bet that we are far ahead whether it’s per capita and obviously we are in total numbers.
nah LA blows away FL in per capita.

GA also. 2/3 the draft picks with less than 1/2 of FL population

nah LA blows away FL in per capita.

GA also. 2/3 the draft picks with less than 1/2 of FL population

Do the high school numbers I’d like to see that comparison.

Who knows they still might have a higher percentage of high school numbers versus Florida, but guess what, scale also counts

From the 2020 census numbers:

Florida- 325 (population = 21,600,000)
Texas- 289 (populations = 29,150,000)
California- 247 population = 39,600,000)
Georgia- 211 (population = 10,700,000)

If you want to talk per capita, Louisiana w/ 102 despite a population of about 4.6 million people.

Advertisement
Louisiana has the best concentration of high school football talent in the country, but Florida, Texas, and Georgia have the big numbers. Ultimately, it's a numbers game.
Not necessarily.
Texas and Cali rank 8 and 10 in Number of HS students per draft pick.
The bigger the state, the tougher it is to keep those ratio numbers low as different demographic factors come into play.
Maryland is a good small state example sitting at #5.

Louisiana has roughly the same number of high school students as Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Recent history has Louisiana at the top in state per capita numbers. I'm too lazy to do anymore digging, but I'm curious to see how the south Florida tri-county stacks up against Louisiana.

EDIT:
Louisiana- 102
Dade/Broward/PB- 116
(quick count)

Last edited:
Not necessarily.
Texas and Cali rank 8 and 10 in Number of HS students per draft pick.
The bigger the state, the tougher it is to keep those ratio numbers low as different demographic factors come into play.
Maryland is a good small state example sitting at #5.

Louisiana has roughly the same number of high school students as Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Recent history has Louisiana at the top in state per capita numbers. I'm too lazy to do anymore digging, but I'm curious to see how the south Florida tri-county stacks up against Louisiana.

EDIT:
Louisiana- 102
Dade/Broward/PB- 116
(quick count)
**** NUMBERS DISH OUT ANOTHER L.

W e recruiting Louisiana now so i love it.

Still waiting on us to conquer the dmv and 757 for a kid or 2

Advertisement
Back