State bashing the out of state kids

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
I might get attacked for this but here is some real talk since you guys love to bash the out of state especially jersey kids.

We know olsen was a bust but he was highly regarded by everyone. Hester ran home because his mom was sick
however, we are skipping some facts.

Courtel jenkins who i thought would be a scrub or project played better than 4-5 star AJ Moten.
Olsen Pierre came in an undersized DE and will be a NFL DT.
Calvin Heurtolou a NY Juco and Jenkins forced Earl Moore (a florida 3 star) and Jelani
Hamilton a (5 star) to redshirt their Junior years.
AQM played as well in the FSU game in 2013 as anyone.
Fentress has beaten out both Carter and Crawford
Corn Elder and Gunter (who no one wanted) have out played Burns and Howard
Kaaya came in and took the job from Ryan Williams
Whether anyone likes it or not Berrios has beat out Waters.
Standish Dobard will be a player at TE from what we have seen.

Amazingly, quite a few non south florida kids have responded and shown growth under this staff.
Do i wish we had the top SF kids, 100% but dont bash every NJ or out of state kid as a scrub.

Advertisement
They all come from running the same bull **** scheme that Golden runs and fit right in vs the other guys that are used to being super aggressive and have to come in and are forced to slow down and play safe and that typical ***** **** we've seen for 4 years

They all come from running the same bull **** scheme that Golden runs and fit right in vs the other guys that are used to being super aggressive and have to come in and are forced to slow down and play safe and that typical **** **** we've seen for 4 years

i am not saying that the south florida kids dont have talent but the out of state kids will wind up in nfl too.

Good points. Sounds like Golden has failed miserably in landing the right South Florida kids.

Advertisement
At Miami, out of state kids are meant to be sprinkled into a SoFla-heavy recruiting class. If there's a cant-miss blue chip, or the local area is weak at a position in a certain year, you cherry pick certain areas.

The class shouldn't be littered with 2-star Northeast coal shovelers when there's better talent at home.

At Miami, out of state kids are meant to be sprinkled into a SoFla-heavy recruiting class. If there's a cant-miss blue chip, or the local area is weak at a position in a certain year, you cherry pick certain areas.

The class shouldn't be littered with 2-star Northeast coal shovelers when there's better talent at home.

but that's where we are. not changing until this moron is fired.

I might get attacked for this but here is some real talk since you guys love to bash the out of state especially jersey kids.

We know olsen was a bust but he was highly regarded by everyone. Hester ran home because his mom was sick

Courtel jenkins who i thought would be a scrub or project played better than 4-5 star AJ Moten.
Calvin Heurtolou a NY Juco and Jenkins forced Earl Moore (a florida 3 star) and Jelani

Amazingly, quite a few non south florida kids have responded and shown growth under this staff.
Do i wish we had the top SF kids, 100% but dont bash every NJ or out of state kid as a scrub.

Can't compare anyone playing in Goldens skeme. Unless it's blatant like Duke vs Gus.

Skeme is an intentional talent equalizer

Advertisement
I

If Butch was coaching, **** any other coach that knows the significance of SFL talent would not have recruited any of the out of state kids with the exception of Dobard, Kaaya, and AQM. That coach would have Valentine and not Jenkins, Timmy Jerrigan not Olsen Pierre, developed Hamilton and Moten into beast 4-3 strong de's, Therieze and not Fentress, VHIII and mcKensie Alexander and not Elder and Gunter, any SFL reciever not Berrios (Joystick was a better option that year anyway).

Reason why SFL talent is not growing or developing with this staff?? Well, it's not the way they grew up playing football. They play aggressive balls to the wall football. When they get here they are stripped of that and told to be reactive. Now why northern kids succeed better here?? Well this is the same football they played all their lives so the transition is easier.

Golden 1* coach from Philly has maxed out his mid major coaching ability
Current struggling as a D1 special teams coach

Hertolou played Juco ball in AZ though maybe he got better there

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden recruits NJ well. The only time I hear about Golden recruiting in South Florida is when he is rushing over to whatever high school to clear up a misunderstanding.

Golden recruits NJ well. The only time I hear about Golden recruiting in South Florida is when he is rushing over to whatever high school to clear up a misunderstanding.

or making a last minute desperate offer.

Because all the 4-5* South Florida players save for a few Duke's and Coley's are in Tallahassee and Tuscaloosa.

Them out of towers are beating out the scrubs of S. Florida.

And for the record Howard gets a pass as Domino's scheme is the polar opposite of what he should be playing.

Advertisement
This is on point. If we want to maintain our status as a perennially mediocre football program, we are going to need as many out of state scrubs as we can get.

Because all the 4-5* South Florida players save for a few Duke's and Coley's are in Tallahassee and Tuscaloosa.

Them out of towers are beating out the scrubs of S. Florida.

And for the record Howard gets a pass as Domino's scheme is the polar opposite of what he should be playing.

listen, those kids like SBB and Ridley dont want to live in Bama but they are making a business decision. Butch comes back, kids like that
are buying in. Unfortunately we are stuck with this scumbag who tried to bail on us for Penn st last year. its really just weird how they feel
they owe this clown who they pulled out of one of the worst ghettos in philly anything.

Donna is a typical liberal just like obama. **** money away then not admit when they screwed up. academic elite, can never be wrong. smh

No **** the Jersey kids are starting in Goldens B1G scheme. He doesn't allow SoFl players to succeed. And just because they start doesn't mean they are even better. I wouldn't start Fentress over a single scholarship safety we have on our team. AQM missed an entire dame season. Elder isn't from Jersey. Dobard is decent at best right now. He had one play all season.
We have the best athletes in the nation in our back yard, and we consistantly miss out on the best ones, and then the ones we get we don't develop well. Golden sucks, and his recruiting is only good in the B1G or B12.

Who cares that they start? they all suck, its not like they are impressing people out there. **** I might get some PT under Golden if I try hard look at Kidd and Fentres.

Advertisement
Back