STAT of the day

ballinboysU

Recruit
canes were the most penalized team in 2015. this year we are ranked 113. for those wondering that is still really bad.

Advertisement
How many of those have been total BS?

Redwine PI against App State
Carter targeting
St. Louis holding

one thing we're still seeing are too many false starts

We have to have more games like GT and fewer games like FSU. Richt clearly can get that done as the GT was almost flawless. Coley may have the most penalties on the team, think he has 5 of 38 with at least 3 being in the redzone. Not good when your "star" WR accounts for 20% of your penalties.

Advertisement
We will always be highly penalized until the school puts pressure on the ACC to lay the f*ck off

If stacy coley didn't leave the game after every catch only to return and commit offsides penalties we'd be in better shape.

Advertisement
If you don't get by now that refs don't like our Canes you're delusional. That's not a homer comment it's facts. When you have fans from the opposing team call bs on calls something is up. That's what we are. The way you deal is putting 70 on everyone and calling it a day.

We have to have more games like GT and fewer games like FSU. Richt clearly can get that done as the GT was almost flawless. Coley may have the most penalties on the team, think he has 5 of 38 with at least 3 being in the redzone. Not good when your "star" WR accounts for 20% of your penalties.

I didn't think Rick called a great game vs GT. He had the one excellent drive where he went down the field in 3 plays to go back up by 14, but the rest of the game he ran into the teeth of a stacked front. Same **** he pulled with FSU.

Though in our case vs FSU and in probably all close games-penalties can be the deciding factor but they are not an indicator of the best teams.

Clemson was #32 in penalties in 2015

Alabama #67

Conclusion:Good teams overcome penalties.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's the timing of penalties that hurt most. When your offense is rolling and then you get drive killing false starts or the awful 15 yarder Njoku got hitting a player after the whistle against GT. We also roughed a punter twice this year? Just dumb.

If stacy coley didn't leave the game after every catch only to return and commit offsides penalties we'd be in better shape.

Actually, I remember this play vividly. He had just caught the slant and almost broke away for a TD. Was tripped up. He came up hobbled and asked to be taken out. As I've intentionally watched his interactions with the sideline, the coaches (as they've done multiple times this year) waved him back in to stay on the field. They wanted to run tempo on 1st down inside the redzone. He sorta lackadaisically walked to the LOS and lined up in the nuetral zone. 1st and 15. We get ourselves in a 2nd and long and Kaaya throws the bad INT.

That entire series stuck with me for at least 10 minutes and while I watched us go from a potential 20-3 lead to 13-10.

Advertisement
canes were the most penalized team in 2015. this year we are ranked 113. for those wondering that is still really bad.

I am amazed at all the Fsu OL holding that went unnoticed. Other than that BS hold by the Cardinal, I have been pleased with our discipline on the field, penalties be damned.

WR lining up offsides........lmao
You can point to the obvious penalties in that game but Coley's false starts were devastating. We had them on the ropes both times and Richt was actually being aggressive about it.

Advertisement
Back