Starting WR, QB or Coaching?

THEY ARE NOT VERY GOOD WRS. All this has been said before but when they are open, they drop passes. They rarely make contested catches. They cannot beat man coverage. They don't provide yards after catch, they can't break tackles. They aren't physical. The list goes on and on.
Play the freshmen!!! Now. After all, they can't do any WORST than the current receiving corp.

Advertisement
Every target to Wiggins, Harley, and even Pope feels like a complete waste. Get them the **** out of the game. This isn't new, they've had numerous chances over the last 3 years and they still suck. Get Payton and the freshmen ready to go and get these 3 out NOW.

We can't keep using the WRs as an excuse for failure when there are a bunch of other WRs on the team to replace them with. If Pope, Wiggins and Harley can't play, then get them the fck off the field and play the other guys. And don't tell me **** about they ain't ready. Bytch, get them ready! That's your goddam job. It's WR. It ain't OL or DT. GET THEM READY.
So who is the team "fluffer"?

1602528453426.png

theyre very overrated as far as recruiting ranks go. harley is a WR best suited for a midtier program. pope in all honesty is a G5 talent at best
I suggested to my buddies before the season that we needed a transer WR. I didnt think we had a true stud that we could rely on. They all laughed at me. Turns out I was right.

Advertisement
They're the worst receivers in school history period (unless some were worse way back in the day). Pope and Harley have to jump to catch it in their stomachs, they still can't use their hands for ***** sake. All 3 are incredibly weak who get bullied or trip over their own feet. They all drop the ball at an alarming rate.

If I were the coach I would literally start the freshmen and use all these 3 as backups. They literally can't be worse.

If that performance doesn't result in some significant playing time changes starting at Pitt, I'm done with Manny. This dumb staff's insistence on playing older players no matter what has hurt this team more than anything else. It's why people transfer and it also has had an affect on recruiting and team.chemistry/culture. These guys get paid way too much to be this ******* stupid.
Let's be fair and look at this a bit closer, this being that Manny is insistent on playing older guys. I've got two names and I want you to tell me why they played as much as they did:

LB Corey Flagg Jr and RFr Harrison-Hunte.....coaches benched the defensive players when they weren't performing up to par, namely McCloud/Jennings because Flagg got upward of 30 snaps on defense.

It looks more like Manny isn't going to just TAKE OVER the offense and dictate who's playing vs who's not, he's going to give Lashlee and his offensive staff a little latitude because REMEMBER, while we've all been clamoring for the Freshman WRs to play since the UAB game, Lashlee and his staff has managed it and slowly gotten the Freshman in games the way they prefer to do it...let's see what happens the next two weeks in regards to the Pitt game and UVA game before we're back to "wanting CMD head" and "being done with CMD" etc etc etc. We still have ALOT to play for, and if CMD goes 9-2 or 10-1 all will be well again. We have to give the coaches a chance to coach up the players, and you can see that the defensive staff isn't as light handed as the offensive staff at this point because CMD has been with the defensive guys the whole time. All in all let's just be patient, relax a bit, and see how Lashlee and Likens addresses the WR deficiencies revealed in the Clemson game.

WR talent is most jarring. our guys just dont get open, dont have any hands, and arent physical. it limits what you can do esp against good defenses that are keying in to take away the run and tight ends.
I am a big believer that when it comes to WR recruiting, you have to target and land guys that have different profiles and create varied matchups with defenses. I think everyone should have 1 physical, 1 small burner, and 1 taller target. And it should be a prerequisite that they can catch.

I can't think of a single necessary attribute that any of our WR starters has. There's nothing there.

Redding is the most college ready receiver we have. His physical numbers are up there with NFL receivers. Smith probably the fastest and tallest. Worsham??? Resperto looks like house call waiting to happen. How much worse can they be than what’s out there now?

Advertisement
Back