Starting defense moving forward

Advertisement
I agree with this.

The overall Defensive rotation we have going is pretty good, the only thing I'd like to see Baker do is play McCloud less, that's when & where we struggle, is when McCloud & Jennings are on the field at the same time.

Jennings is a good run defender at the LOS, he just struggles in the open field to make tackles & isn't cut out for pass coverage. But McCloud can literally only do one thing, which is occasionally Blitz, he should only be allowed to play on certain Blitz packages, but otherwise he's absolutely terrible at everything else.

The bulk of the snaps at LB should be Brooks, Flagg, Jennings & start getting TAC & Huff more acclimated into the Defense. There's no reason to play McCloud & Ragone over guys like TAC & Huff, don't even say one word about experience or knowing the Defense because even with all that experience & knowing of the playbook neither one of them can consistently make plays.

Our 2 Best LB's are a Sophomore & TF, time to get TAC & Huff developed, they'll get better with the more reps they get, standing on the sideline does nothing to help their growth.
It's really that simple

Couch needs to be on the field every time the opponent brings out a third wide receiver. There is no reason to cover the third wide receiver with Carter, Hall, or Bubba. Couch can play football. Our DC needs to get out of his own way and put the right personnel on the field.

Advertisement
I agree with this.

The overall Defensive rotation we have going is pretty good, the only thing I'd like to see Baker do is play McCloud less, that's when & where we struggle, is when McCloud & Jennings are on the field at the same time.

Jennings is a good run defender at the LOS, he just struggles in the open field to make tackles & isn't cut out for pass coverage. But McCloud can literally only do one thing, which is occasionally Blitz, he should only be allowed to play on certain Blitz packages, but otherwise he's absolutely terrible at everything else.

The bulk of the snaps at LB should be Brooks, Flagg, Jennings & start getting TAC & Huff more acclimated into the Defense. There's no reason to play McCloud & Ragone over guys like TAC & Huff, don't even say one word about experience or knowing the Defense because even with all that experience & knowing of the playbook neither one of them can consistently make plays.

Our 2 Best LB's are a Sophomore & TF, time to get TAC & Huff developed, they'll get better with the more reps they get, standing on the sideline does nothing to help their growth.
Don't insult the big Ragu by lumping him in with McCloud! How is it possible that McCloud is the worst LB on the team?

I agree with this.

Did STeed play?

Advertisement
DE: Phillips
DT: Nesta
DT: JHH
DE: Roche
LB: Flagg
LB: Brooks
CB: Blades
CB: Couch
Striker: Frierson
S: Bolden
S: Hall

Get everything else the **** out my face
Should be but won't . The vets aren't getting any better. They are who they are. Put Brooks and flag and Cave in and they will get better and better with more game time experience.

Why is Ivey getting benched?
Ivey has good length but couch has shown better ball skills and Ivey takes plays off in run support. His effort in that Etienne run last week was embarrassing. Couch is smaller but plays with more urgency in my opinion

Advertisement
Advertisement
DE: Phillips
DT: Nesta
DT: JHH
DE: Roche
LB: Flagg
LB: Brooks
CB: Blades
CB: Couch
Striker: Frierson
S: Bolden
S: Hall

Get everything else the **** out my face
I agree for the most part but mix in some Blissett & Harvey at DL, TAC & Huff at LB, Keontra at striker & Balom at safety.

Did Keontra come back in the second half? I don't think I saw him out there.

Don't insult the big Ragu by lumping him in with McCloud! How is it possible that McCloud is the worst LB on the team?
Nothing personal against Ragu, he's a great kid & great for the locker room, I just don't get him getting meaningful snaps while Huff still can't get in the game, and I know he only played because Keontra Smith was unavailable for the first half because he got thrown out vs Clemson last week, but JMO Huff should be getting those reps & yes I know he's 3rd string Striker, he's basically playing as a LB.

As to McCloud, this is actually who he's always been, since his TF season he has regressed in play every year, he has awful change of direction ability, no lateral movement at all & he has no field awareness or football IQ at all, to be a 5th year Senior & still have no idea wtf is going on from play to play is just disheartening.

I just wish Baker would stop trotting him out there, there's no reason for him to play, he's not going to get any better at all, he's just wasting reps that could be going to younger faster more talented players with better upside.

Advertisement
Back