Starting Db's

Advertisement
No he doesn’t.

He’s stiff hipped, slow & has no football IQ, he’s unfixable.

He’s just not good enough to be a P5 starter.

Blades has tools to work with & can be improved, but Ivey is a lost cause & an overall bad eval, he is not a good Corner & there’s just no two ways about it.
Agree, the only way I see Ivey as being remotely serviceable is as a boundary side press man corner and that would take a tremendous amount of improving on his part as he gives up the inside easier Kiki Passo

the ceiling with Ivey is that he's solid. That's it. which is OK if he's like your 4th or 5th corner...
He’s a LB sized Striker that just so happens to play CB, he’s not a Corner.

OC’s pick on him because they know all they have to do is make him run more than 8 yards & he’ll be beat, anything vertical down the field & he’s trailing with no idea where the ball is, he’s as slow as a Long Snapper trying to cover WR’s down the field without leveraging to the sideline while being a Boundary corner, which literally what you’re supposed to do, he simply has no idea how to cover or transition in phase properly while keeping up with his man.

Idk what people be watching, but for the 2nd season in a row he gave up the most yards & TD’s & was targeted the most amongst the CB’s, that’s because OC’s/QB’s & WR’s absolutely salivate when they watch him on film, they know they’re about to have career day targeting him.

No he doesn’t.

He’s stiff hipped, slow & has no football IQ, he’s unfixable.

He’s just not good enough to be a P5 starter.

Blades has tools to work with & can be improved, but Ivey is a lost cause & an overall bad eval, he is not a good Corner & there’s just no two ways about it.
Right, he's the reason we too much soft zone. Watch the UNC tape (1st series), we tried to press them and failed miserably. In zone coverage, he bails out too quickly and gets beat on outside routes.

Advertisement
He’s a LB sized Striker that just so happens to play CB, he’s not a Corner.

OC’s pick on him because they know all they have to do is make him run more than 8 yards & he’ll be beat, anything vertical down the field & he’s trailing with no idea where the ball is, he’s as slow as a Long Snapper trying to cover WR’s down the field without leveraging to the sideline while being a Boundary corner, which literally what you’re supposed to do, he simply has no idea how to cover or transition in phase properly while keeping up with his man.

Idk what people be watching, but for the 2nd season in a row he gave up the most yards & TD’s & was targeted the most amongst the CB’s, that’s because OC’s/QB’s & WR’s absolutely salivate when they watch him on film, they know they’re about to have career day targeting him.

yeah, but outside of THAT!!

Whats really alarming about him -- outside all you mentioned -- is just his lack of awareness in zone coverage and on 3rd downs, very lacking in football IQ

for all this talk of the two starting CB's, in todays game don't you basically need 3 guys who are good enough to start, if not four?
And I would love to have Couch as the nickel CB, he was doing a great job on corner blitzes during the middle of the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The refs didn't help him either. He's undersized and was fighting for the ball and they're calling PI, some questionable calls IMO. Couch is one of the guys on defense that has that dog in him.

Yeah, there were a few 'questionable' calls that went against him, but overall, Couch is one of the guys Im confident in moving forward. He has a natural feel for the game, and plays fast. Just needs to get a bit stronger...

Yeah, there were a few 'questionable' calls that went against him, but overall, Couch is one of the guys Im confident in moving forward. He has a natural feel for the game, and plays fast. Just needs to get a bit stronger...
I believe he's our best corner, but I don't like him going against opposing teams #1 WR due to lack of size.

In terms of max potential, I loved to see this lineup on the field:

CB: M. Clarke
CB: M. Curtis
Nickel: T. Couch

Advertisement
Blades was second team All ACC, and he will definitely start.

Couch is popular choice, but Oklahoma St. made it a point to pick on him, and a freshman WR did take advantage of him in the bowl game. Many like Couch over Blades and Ivey, but I am not convinced he is a lockdown CB. Couch is a dog, and I love the way he plays, but he definitely isn’t a lockdown CB yet.

I would like to see Marcus Clarke play more, because he got one INT and he barely played 14 snaps all season.

Regardless of who we have, I trust T-Rob to get them prepared to play and to play the best. I also expect T-Rob to start a pipeline to the NFL for both CBs and safeties from the U

Couch is our best cover corner. Marcus Clarke looked like a vet on his lone INT this year. Surprised nobody has mentioned Tae.

I believe he's our best corner, but I don't like him going against opposing teams #1 WR due to lack of size.

In terms of max potential, I loved to see this lineup on the field:

CB: M. Clarke
CB: M. Curtis
Nickel: T. Couch

this is bold, but Im hoping that with T-Rob there is a clean slate, that every player in that room is starting off in the same place. The hope is that all four jobs in the secondary are opened up..

Couch is the best cover corner in the roster if he can play next season at about 180-185 that will really help him in playing T-Rob bump an run coverage.
Ppl keep saying Ivey is a good tackler I say the **** he is. He’s horrible at tackling even for a corners standard.

Advertisement
Back