STARS MATTER

Advertisement
You mean 5 stars like Ray Lewis, Russell Maryland, Clinton Portis, Warren Sapp...oh wait! Butch Davis and JJ knew talent and recruited FOOTBALL PLAYERS not 5 stars. Many of our greatest players were low ranked coming our of high school. Jimmy Jones played basketball as he quit his football team, JJ saw a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Need I go on....our coaches found FOOTBALL PLAYERS and let them play. Warren Sapp avoided the weight room and as far as weight room performance was pathetic...but not as a FOOTBALL PLAYER. JJ found players with desire to prove their worth on the field. Warriors. Jaelan Phillips versus Greg, both solid one a 5 star and the other 3...look at performance in the NFL..I think the Dolphins screwed the pooch not taking Greg. ***** stars I want hungry, warrior FOOTBA:LL PLAYERS like JJ and Butch recruited.

You mean 5 stars like Ray Lewis, Russell Maryland, Clinton Portis, Warren Sapp...oh wait! Butch Davis and JJ knew talent and recruited FOOTBALL PLAYERS not 5 stars. Many of our greatest players were low ranked coming our of high school. Jimmy Jones played basketball as he quit his football team, JJ saw a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Need I go on....our coaches found FOOTBALL PLAYERS and let them play. Warren Sapp avoided the weight room and as far as weight room performance was pathetic...but not as a FOOTBALL PLAYER. JJ found players with desire to prove their worth on the field. Warriors. Jaelan Phillips versus Greg, both solid one a 5 star and the other 3...look at performance in the NFL..I think the Dolphins screwed the pooch not taking Greg. ***** stars I want hungry, warrior FOOTBA:LL PLAYERS like JJ and Butch recruited.
Sooo…. “JJ Watt was a 2 star” - That’s where we’re at??? I’m not living that lie again.

It’s a different day, Fraggle. Evals matter still and there are certainly great players who bloom later but you can’t blow off the importance of landing the top ranked players. I’m sure someone can pull a chart showing the percentages of success correlated between star ranking and NFL. This “give me kids who want to be Canes” and “give me kids with that dawg in them” is what fans of a failing team say when they’re trying to put lipstick on a pig.

I. Need. To. See. Elite. Across. The. Board.
@Dwinstitles

JJ and Butch were exceptional at FINDING talent and JUST evaluating by the star system when you are Alabama and getting the pick of the litter may work there, but we need someone who finds the jewels (especially here in South Florida) that want to be Canes. Players who take great pride in wearing the Orange and Green. Also when you do recruit those 4 and 5 stars they need to get some time in a game as some flat out suck when the bright lights come on and others need the pressure of competition to show their talent. Current staff is recruiting like crazy and has brought in talent from the portal, but the SEC top teams and Clemson are draining the talent well so we have to be resourceful finding gems, they are out there.

Advertisement
No we don't
we need offense
Alabama gave up a ton of points and still won
we have to score more than one touchdown on offense
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

We have talent. Our roster really is not bad. We have the 13th most talented roster in the country according to 247. We have other issues…..

Advertisement
Back