STARR RATINGS

Cane passion

Sophomore
Do athletes star ratings get pushed up higher if their dominate at both of the positions they play In Highschool versus a kid who is just getting his ranking off of one position being played? For instance if you played running back and line backer but the position you are being recruited for is linebacker are you gonna be rated higher versus a kid who plays just linebacker ? I guess what my point is are ratings also based on how much a kid does for his team. Thoughts...

Advertisement
I'm personally a big fan of athletic versatility, whether it be playing offense and defense, multiple positions on the same side of the ball, or even multiple sports. it's a good indicator of conditioning and natural athleticism.

that said, positional versatility plays a role in whether a prospect is labeled an "athlete" as opposed to being pegged for a specific position, but i don't think that positional versatility itself necessarily determines a player's star ranking as superior to a player who only plays one position, since two-way college football ironmen are almost non-existent.

multi sport like bball on Dline is big...

Other spots i reckon its a bit overated ...like give me a true born to be a saftey type over a bit of wr too.

ratings wise you woudlnt think it would have much effect, surely its more scheme/ overall versatility at your best/ projected position.

Do athletes star ratings get pushed up higher if their dominate at both of the positions they play In Highschool versus a kid who is just getting his ranking off of one position being played? For instance if you played running back and line backer but the position you are being recruited for is linebacker are you gonna be rated higher versus a kid who plays just linebacker ? I guess what my point is are ratings also based on how much a kid does for his team. Thoughts...
No.

I don’t know how much it impacts star ratings, but most of the three stars who develop into first rounders played multiple sports and positions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back