Rumor Stanford and Cal joining the ACC(?)

We may get to play BYU after all as the ACC "braintrust" will probably next just use their Notre Dame failed sales pitch script to try to get the Mormons to drop their independent status. Go get a Fresno State or Air Force Academy after that and I'm starting to get excited about the future of our conference, gentlemen.

Advertisement
We may get to play BYU after all as the ACC "braintrust" will probably next just use their Notre Dame failed sales pitch script to try to get the Mormons to drop their independent status. Go get a Fresno State or Air Force Academy after that and I'm starting to get excited about the future of our conference, gentlemen.
Didn’t BYU join the Big 12?

Go Canes!

Who is added, who is lost, what they do....it's all moot. The ACC is a dead league. There's no point in discussing the ACC any longer. If we remain in the ACC, we're dead. Period, end of story. We cannot compete. The literal only way to survive is to get out of this league. So any discussions on how to get out of the ACC are the most important discussions we can possibly have and are the literal discussions related to survival of the program. Any discussions about the ACC itself, in any capacity, are a waste of time. The league is buried.

Advertisement
Logistically, it doesn't make sense. Financially, it doesn't make sense at all.

The ACCs issue is that the length of our media contract is far too long and nobody (atleat nobody within the ACC) saw where the market was heading. Adding 2 schools that are across the country, and 2 schools that aren't known for their athletic achievements, does not increase the ACCs value or draw eyes to ACC games. Adding Standford and Cal would seem like a desperation move, imo.

I think the only way to 'save' the ACC would be for all schools to, at the same time, publicly seek a legal avenue out of the contract and hope the other side budges. Even then, I don't think the money would be on par with the big10 or sec
subscription revenue is declining (espn revenue dropping quickly) so the next round of contracts will of necessity be for less money. Acc won’t he as far off market then.

Bring Oregon State and Wazzu along with them. Why not at this point? Power players in the conference should be chin deep in lawyers trying to get out of this ****hole, late to the party conference right now.

You’re personally better off with the Big 10 now. But Cal and Stanford in the ACC would help the ACC death sentence for me and @calinative umstudent if we’re stuck there.

Of course the B1G is 1000% better. But if this happens, it's basically the nightmare scenario I predicted would happen. In[BGCOLOR=initial]competent leadership incompetently leads.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]3 years ago the ACC had the most leverage it would ever have over Notre Dame, yet the ADs (including Rad) unanimously endorsed letting Notre Dame play in the conference, including the conference championship with no strings attached. Yet I am supposed to believe that these same nincompoops have suddenly become smart, proactive decision makers in the last three years ? [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]The ACC brass is going to spin the disaster, saying "We may not have the revenue of the other 2 conferences, but the ACC, with the addition of Cal and Stanford, is clearly the elite academic conference and represents the true "student athlete".[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial] We put the E before W." [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Of course the B1G is 1000% better. But if this happens, it's basically the nightmare scenario I predicted would happen. In[BGCOLOR=initial]competent leadership incompetently leads.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]3 years ago the ACC had the most leverage it would ever have over Notre Dame, yet the ADs (including Rad) unanimously endorsed letting Notre Dame play in the conference, including the conference championship with no strings attached. Yet I am supposed to believe that these same nincompoops have suddenly become smart, proactive decision makers in the last three years ? [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]The ACC brass is going to spin the disaster, saying "We may not have the revenue of the other 2 conferences, but the ACC, with the addition of Cal and Stanford, is clearly the elite academic conference and represents the true "student athlete".[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial] We put the E before W." [/BGCOLOR]
The ACC and PAC 12 have always low key loved their success in sports that don’t make money. Field hockey, tennis, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, etc.

Advertisement
Only chance this conference has to survive is to get ND in the conference, that would bring some revenue. I do not see that happening.
That's it. ND is the only school that can save this ship. It's already hit the iceberg, and taking on water. Muhfuccas are trying they best to get to the lifeboats (SEC or B1G), before this **** starts sinking. The Carpathia (The SS-ND) may still be too far away to save errybody.

That's it. ND is the only school that can save this ship. It's already hit the iceberg, and taking on water. Muhfuccas are trying they best to get to the lifeboats (SEC or B1G), before this **** starts sinking. The Carpathia (The SS-ND) may still be too far away to save errybody.
Bravo for the Titanic reference there...
The Rock Applause GIF

Advertisement
No way this happens. The ACC is the next PAC-12 so Stanford and Cal would be jumping from one sinking ship to the next. The ACC is desperate to make itself look like it’s not going to implode, but I see no other scenario. Just hope and pray Miami isn’t one of the “ACC-4” when it does.

Could the Pac-12's dissolution spark fresh ACC/TV network talks? The media payout deal runs until 2036, but expansion with Bay Area media markets will boost viewership and TV Revenue. Adding a major media market will require negotiation no matter how you look at this situation.

Advertisement
Back