Standouts and disappointments

kperez4446

Sophomore
From yesterday's scrimmage

Tucker- looks like a legit starting fullback

Elder- kid has great ball skills looks very fluid NFL potential

Malcolm Lewis- looks back to freshman form I'm impressed

Jermaine Grace- kid is great from side to side if he puts on muscle he will start here and could become leader of core when Perryman graduates

Gadbois- under the radar did a nice job quietly has got the job done

Unimpressed

Olsen - very concerned didn't look confident seemed like he was trying to guide the ball instead of firing it in. I'm nervous

Gus the Bus- all I can say is thank god we got Duke and Yearby seems like he's trying hard but just refuses to run underneath his pads

Deon Bush- I'm still waiting for his signature play as a Hurricane. He's healthy I like what I saw from Fentress better as far as aggressiveness. Deon seems to be a corner playing out of position to me.

AQM- Flowers was eating his lunch I had high hopes for the hybrid rush end . Came away unimpressed last night

Goudis- is it to late to bring in a transfer here?

Advertisement
Deon Bush- I'm still waiting for his signature play as a Hurricane

I am looking for that break out year for him, but sacking Teddy B_itch and getting a safety made me throw my beer up in the air at Sandbar and jump on top of 3 people that were sitting next to me.

I disagree with Gus. I thought he had a good spring and ran well. He always fell forward and kept fighting for yards. He wasn't great but he very much looked like a starting RB.

Advertisement
I was really impressed by Darrion Owens. He was making plays in backfield and was all over the place. He was definitely a surprise considering that he's a true freshman.

Artie Burns impressed also & Dallas Crawford is a hard hitting ball hawk.

Malcom Lewis was the highlight of the whole scrimmage. Happy as **** for him...and us.

Advertisement
I thought Olsen played well...

Pierre, not the Second Coming.

I also thought Grace played very well as did Dallas. If Dallas doesn't start that bodes well for our safeties. Our secondary is much improved. LBs seem improved as well but I will reserve judgment until we play somebody.

Love me some Deon Bush. Think this season will be a great one. He played so far above his head his freshmen year, he raised all of our expectations. I thought that hit he put on the tailback from Va Tech was his signature hit and that last season he was dealing with his father's illness and nursing an injury.

Advertisement
Love me some Deon Bush. Think this season will be a great one. He played so far above his head his freshmen year, he raised all of our expectations. I thought that hit he put on the tailback from Va Tech was his signature hit and that last season he was dealing with his father's illness and nursing an injury.

Kind of like the Ray Ray hit on Murray before his disappearing act.

fwiw Deon tweaked something and was getting attention on the sidelines from trainers most of the evening. Dortch was also fwiw.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back