Stan Dobard All-ACC

Advertisement
Stan will ball out even though he fumbled in the FSU game. Nearly every time they call his number he makes a great play. I'm excited for him to get more playtime this year. Walford fumbled in the first quarter at FSU. Also Walford dropped everything that came his way last year at FSU lol. Dobard will be nice, I agree with All-ACC with Kaaya at the helm.

I'm not expecting perfection but the guy has the size and blocking ability to be a heck of a TE. Probably won't be more then a TE2 in the NFL unless his hands improve.

His hands are fine. Even though it was only FSU ball security is the only problem I've seen. Needs to carry the load like his mom's life depended on it. Hopefully it's not an issue i believe in Larry Scott. My main concern is his run blocking or blocking period since we only seen him in mop up duty, his personality is all savage. Which in turn I hope that's exactly what he is when it comes to blocking for his teammates.

TE we should be good for a long time Herndon and Njoku have great potential. Herndon can be elite.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Njoku has a better year catching the ball. They don't really play the same position though. Dobard won't have the same exact role as Walford. They have different skill sets. I see Dobard getting chunks plays off play action, but I don't see him being used in our timing passing game or as redzone threat like Walford was. How we use Herndon/Njoku in combination with Dobard could be very interesting.

Advertisement
And Washington?...He may have to RS, but I wouldn't be surprised if they threw em' in there as an extra Tackle in those heavy packages.

And Washington?...He may have to RS, but I wouldn't be surprised if they threw em' in there as an extra Tackle in those heavy packages.

I haven't seen much of Washington. He definitely passes the eyeball test, though. I think you're right about that--initially, he can play in a limited role as an in-line blocker. Outside of him and Dobard, I don't see another true Y on the roster. I don't see a redshirt in his future for a couple reasons: we need him as depth at Y; and he's already had a whole spring on campus--he'll be more prepared than your typical incoming freshman.

I haven't seen much of Washington. He definitely passes the eyeball test, though. I think you're right about that--initially, he can play in a limited role as an in-line blocker. Outside of him and Dobard, I don't see another true Y on the roster. I don't see a redshirt in his future for a couple reasons: we need him as depth at Y; and he's already had a whole spring on campus--he'll be more prepared than your typical incoming freshman.

Odonnell looked better than Washington when i saw him in the spring.

Odonnell might log some time...I think wASHINGTON COULD USE A SHIRT IMO....He has the size but will take itme adjusting to the size and speed of this level

Advertisement

Odonnell looked better than Washington when i saw him in the spring.

Odonnell might log some time...I think wASHINGTON COULD USE A SHIRT IMO....He has the size but will take itme adjusting to the size and speed of this level

****, I totally forgot about O'Donnell. You bring up good points. I think you're right. Washington still seems lost. He's probably a strong redshirt candidate considering O'Donnell's presence.

Advertisement
Back