Staff

Advertisement
Advertisement
The coaching staff issues are legit.

Look i don't mind that Richt wants to call plays. He's the head coach. He'll live or die by it. And Richt is by all accounts working his *** off to earn that big paycheck. What ****es me off are his hires.

We have this cat Tom Brown that is basically stealing money from us. What the **** does he do? He don't call plays. He don't recruit. So what does he do? Why are we paying this guy 750k to coach RBs?

The same can be said for Jon Richt, who is basically another waste of a valuable coaching spot but at least he got us Nkosi Perry. Of course we all know about Rumph's incompetence.

We basically have a staff handcuffed with THREE nepotistic hires. The coach's son, the 29 year old OC in name only, and a HS coach running our CBs. I'm fine with the coach's son. That's just one spot. But then to go on and waste some of our most valuable "recruiting" positions and a boatload of $$ on Rumph and Brown?? jesus man.

Look i don't mind that Richt wants to call plays. He's the head coach. He'll live or die by it. And Richt is by all accounts working his *** off to earn that big paycheck. What ****es me off are his hires.

We have this cat Tom Brown that is basically stealing money from us. What the **** does he do? He don't call plays. He don't recruit. So what does he do? Why are we paying this guy 750k to coach RBs?

The same can be said for Jon Richt, who is basically another waste of a valuable coaching spot but at least he got us Nkosi Perry. Of course we all know about Rumph's incompetence.

We basically have a staff handcuffed with THREE nepotistic hires. The coach's son, the 29 year old OC in name only, and a HS coach running our CBs. I'm fine with the coach's son. That's just one spot. But then to go on and waste some of our most valuable "recruiting" positions and a boatload of $$ on Rumph and Brown?? jesus man.

Doubt Rumph makes much money. Kool and Diaz are likely the highest paid. As they should be.

Advertisement
Like an Offensive Coordinator, maybe?

Jeez Archer, let us see what this offense looks like with a dual threat QB first....

Oh great! Let's just wait another five frikkin' years and maybe we can pick up an octa-threat quarterback!

Octa gotta be better than dual. Triple better than dual - so it just follows.

In October, we didn't do it. Calling long developing plays when we were getting bum rushed - but called them anyway. Running when everytime the back got the ball and looked up - it looked like a team photograph - of the other guys. But we didn't quit - we continued.

Needed quick hits to loosen them up - no TE's dragging, no cross routes to speak of -

I used to be pretty quick. I used to be as lean as leather, run eight miles with a 40-pound ruck, and could go 72 hours straight. I was younger then.

I can't do that now.

Richt needs to have a Come To Jesus moment - and hire a frikkin' good coordinator.

Jeez Archer, let us see what this offense looks like with a dual threat QB first....

Oh great! Let's just wait another five frikkin' years and maybe we can pick up an octa-threat quarterback!

In October, we didn't do it. Calling long developing plays when we were getting bum rushed - but called them anyway. Running when everytime the back got the ball and looked up - it looked like a team photograph - of the other guys. But we didn't quit - we continued.

Needed quick hits to loosen them up - no TE's dragging, no cross routes to speak of -

I used to be pretty quick. I used to be as lean as leather, run eight miles with a 40-pound ruck, and could go 72 hours straight. I was younger then.

I can't do that now.

Richt needs to have a Come To Jesus moment - and hire a frikkin' good coordinator.

Palabra

I can't do that now.

I'm just giving it one more year.....then I'll bring my fire axe to the bashing ceremony

The concerns over the staff are legit. There are some question marks. No doubt.

But, it's helpful if we separate the coaching skills vs. recruiting skills.

Some position coaches or, better said, positions - are better suited as recruiters than teachers. For example, the RB coach position. Historically, this position is more recruiting than coaching (Soldinger was an exception). You need this position coach to be a heckuva recruiter.

Under those parameters, Brown gets a failing grade from me because he doesn't do either particularly well.

Rumph - "C" recruiter so far but "A" for coaching.
Dugans - "B+" recruiter and "A-" for coaching.

You can do this for each coach. Some coaches do both well. Some are hired predominantly for coaching, while others mainly produce on the recruiting front. Diaz and Kool can be plus average recruiters because they can coach the chit out of the players. Brown doesn't have that luxury.

Advertisement

I can't do that now.

No amount of ing is gonna change the fact that Richt is going to call plays this year. Grow a pair and see what happens

Advertisement
The concerns over the staff are legit. There are some question marks. No doubt.

But, it's helpful if we separate the coaching skills vs. recruiting skills.

Some position coaches or, better said, positions - are better suited as recruiters than teachers. For example, the RB coach position. Historically, this position is more recruiting than coaching (Soldinger was an exception). You need this position coach to be a heckuva recruiter.

Under those parameters, Brown gets a failing grade from me because he doesn't do either particularly well.

Rumph - "C" recruiter so far but "A" for coaching.
Dugans - "B+" recruiter and "A-" for coaching.

You can do this for each coach. Some coaches do both well. Some are hired predominantly for coaching, while others mainly produce on the recruiting front. Diaz and Kool can be plus average recruiters because they can coach the chit out of the players. Brown doesn't have that luxury.

Just a quick question.....wtf does it take for you to earn an "F" in recruiting? Because by EVERY definition, that's Rumps reality grade.

such a p u s s y

Advertisement
Back