- 2019 WR Jashawn Sheffield

Banda and Rumph:

- 2017 CB Jhovante Dean

Dugans:

- 2017 WR Jordan Pouncey

Last edited:
Advertisement
Richt will be with Kool today.

The fact that Richt is going to see Thomas this week leads me to believe we are way ahead.

He wants to lock down the commitment on campus this weekend and for Thomas to cancel the Tennessee visit.

If we were behind, he would visit Thomas next week.

The fact that Richt is going to see Thomas this week leads me to believe we are way ahead.

He wants to lock down the commitment on campus this weekend and for Thomas to cancel the Tennessee visit.

Also, I love how he has handled the Smith situation. Wouldn't be surprised if he visits him tomorrow to take some of the FSU visit off his mind, and insert himself before the Bama visit, setting up a great close during his OV here. He could also choose to visit next week before our OV and go full court press that week. Either way, it shows he was ready for things even we did not see coming like the FSU visit.

Also, I love how he has handled the Smith situation. Wouldn't be surprised if he visits him tomorrow to take some of the FSU visit off his mind, and insert himself before the Bama visit, setting up a great close during his OV here. He could also choose to visit next week before our OV and go full court press that week. Either way, it shows he was ready for things even we did not see coming like the FSU visit.

Nah the smart thing to do is visit smith next week.

I agree.... also just because we didnt see the FSU visit coming doesnt mean the staff didnt.

I feel like Golden and co wouldnt have seen it coming, but Richt has been in the game a long time and probably has contacts out there

Advertisement

I agree.... also just because we didnt see the FSU visit coming doesnt mean the staff didnt.

I feel like Golden and co wouldnt have seen it coming, but Richt has been in the game a long time and probably has contacts out there

Bingo. When I read the article on the FSU visit I thought the same exact thing. This was under the radar to most, but it hit me that Richt was prepared all along. A bunch on here wanted to know why he hadn't visited Smith, and this made sense. He wanted to see everyone else's cards. Golden for sure would have gone already. Huge difference in the approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some things lead me to believe we're fairly confident with who's on board and who isn't at this point:

- Most of the recent attention has shifted to 2018-19 recruits
- Beyond S Tariq Carpenter and OL Toryque Bateman, we've heard no new names at any of the "open" positions - WR, OL, DB...
- Still think we take 2-3 more WRs on NSD. I like that there are still half a dozen names out there, including legit grad transfer guys in case somebody tries to pull a hat-job on us on NSD

Plenty can change in two weeks, and of course "being confident" doesn't always translate into signatures, but for now at least it looks like the staff has a pretty good idea of how NSD will shake down - and contingencies in place if it doesn't...

Bingo. When I read the article on the FSU visit I thought the same exact thing. This was under the radar to most, but it hit me that Richt was prepared all along. A bunch on here wanted to know why he hadn't visited Smith, and this made sense. He wanted to see everyone else's cards. Golden for sure would have gone already. Huge difference in the approach.

If golden was here, he wouldn't even be considering us right now

If golden was here, he wouldn't even be considering us right now

Facts

Advertisement
We will see how this staff finishes, but so far I really applaud them on their first full year of recruiting.

Due to the SoFla culture, Miami has become one of the hardest places to recruit. The expectations are so high, but the obstacles are so difficult (alot of Diva's, "Handlers", etc.). This staff seems way more prepared to not be left at the alter on NSD, and is making all the right moves to finish strong.

Sure we missed out on some top level guys like Jerry Jeudy, Holloman, Mckitty, possibly the AH OL, etc. but the staff has consistentaly had a plan in place to make sure they get the plan B/1A guys as well. And that is something the Golden staff failed to do, and always had to settle for the James King and Terrence Henley's of the world

Dugans is with kool and richt at east St. Louis highschool(Thomas hs) right now per Andrew ivins

Dugans is with kool and richt at east St. Louis highschool(Thomas hs) right now per Andrew ivins

Fwiw, Thomas isn't even mentioned anymore on Knoxville radio interviews with Vol Rivals, 247, etc. Feels like the field for competitors is thinning.

We will see how this staff finishes, but so far I really applaud them on their first full year of recruiting.

Due to the SoFla culture, Miami has become one of the hardest places to recruit. The expectations are so high, but the obstacles are so difficult (alot of Diva's, "Handlers", etc.). This staff seems way more prepared to not be left at the alter on NSD, and is making all the right moves to finish strong.

Sure we missed out on some top level guys like Jerry Jeudy, Holloman, Mckitty, possibly the AH OL, etc. but the staff has consistentaly had a plan in place to make sure they get the plan B/1A guys as well. And that is something the Golden staff failed to do, and always had to settle for the James King and Terrence Henley's of the world

This, we were left at the altar and scrambling for two stars that are not FBS quality way too often. Atleast with this staff, if we miss on a four star we have a solid high or mid three star, which could reasonably be expected to contribute with some upside.

Advertisement

This, we were left at the altar and scrambling for two stars that are not FBS quality way too often. Atleast with this staff, if we miss on a four star we have a solid high or mid three star, which could reasonably be expected to contribute with some upside.

GOlden loves overachievers. he rather have all ambristers and olsen pierre's. he was that way at temple.he rather get a basketball player and coach him into a football payer.

If we land Thomas, Smith, Harley then we aren't going to plan B kids. All three played in the aa bowl. Smith and Thomas are top 50 in the country. Now Slaton/Herbert to Bateman is likely a plan B but Bateman is a power 5 player and our 5th OL.

This recruiting game is not for the soft shouldered.... I love it when people on the board say that kind of stuff. The best way to look at recruiting is take all the rumors in and hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. That is what I have learned over the last decade of recruiting as a Canes fan. Whenever I read recruiting news I put it in perspective by remembering the DJ Williams story he told when he said he had no idea of where he was going after all his visits and literally stood up at the podium undecided and said the word Miami. That is as real as it gets and especially for some of the kids these days who have handlers telling them what they should do and where to go. I have faith that we will start to see things starting to go our way but I will never be surprised with anything that happens. Especially with the last minute flip last year. I refuse to bring up the name.

Advertisement

Fwiw, Thomas isn't even mentioned anymore on Knoxville radio interviews with Vol Rivals, 247, etc. Feels like the field for competitors is thinning.

Yep - even vol fans think it's a Louisville/Miami battle. Would love to land that kid.

Might make it easier to convince him to shut it down after this weekend.

Advertisement
Back