Staff Sticky??

Advertisement
I've heard some names, but at current, I don't find them credible or interesting enough to post. We've had credible confirmation that both Ponce and Seider are top choices at those positions, so I put them in with a ?. It's also been posited that we may possibly not have a WR coach if Fedora is the guy at OC.

I wanted to leave it general as I think there is still some TBD as to how this shakes out.

Ideally, I just wanted to make a suggestion in the hopes that @Stefan Adams the chef would assign someone on his staff to put something like this together and make a sticky and keep it updated for easy reference while Manny does his thing.
Much rather have Fedora coach tight ends but fine with wr too

Great recruiter

If that's the case, it's a pass for me. I want position coaches who are technicians. I want our guys showing up to the NFL and teams saying, they already knew what to do, not "what the **** are they teaching at Miami", as we have seen in the past. I get the thing about needing to recruit at a high level, but I think getting the absolute elite is about getting them drafted high into the NFL, not hiring guys who can buddy-buddy people into coming to play for them. Just my take though.

Advertisement
Can we maybe get a sticky post on the current staff, possible open positions, and possibly include potential or rumored candidates, until the staff is filled out?

I'll start:
On Field (ST coordinator needs to fit in somewhere within the 10 spots listed below)
HC - Manny Diaz
OC - Fedora/Applewhite/Coley?/...?
O - (Seider RBC?)
O - (Ponce QBC?)
O - ?
OL - ?
DC? - Blake Baker??
DL - Simpson (responsibilities TBD)
LB - Patke (responsibilities TBD)
CB - Rumph (responsibilities TBD)
S - Banda (responsibilities TBD)

Off Field
S&C - ?

Personally, I think we can do better than Blake Baker. However, if Manny likes him, he better work out.

Personally, I think we can do better than Blake Baker. However, if Manny likes him, he better work out.

I only put him in there because he's been reported as a top candidate. I personally don't have an opinion on DC yet. At the end of the day, I'll be happy if Manny brings in a capable and engergetic guy who has run and called his own defense before. Don't want any yes-men, but with Manny overseeing and the staff on that side basically intact, the defense should be ok if the guy we hire needs to grow into the P5 coordinator role a little bit. That's also why it's so important that he hits a HR with this OC hire and the rest of the offensive staff. If we can score more than 13 points per game, then the defense doesn't need to be the 2000 Ravens for us to win the Coastal.

But yeah, I'd feel better if we hired a DC with a similar resume to Fedora. Many years as a coordinator, HC experience, itching and dying to get back to being a HC. If we had that running both sides of the ball with Manny overseeing it all and demanding unwavering violence, I'd feel pretty good about things.

Advertisement
Well if we hire Fedora he will either be RB or WR coach as well. I assume if we get Seider, it'll be as WR coach.

If we hire Blake Baker as DC I imagine he'll also be LB or S coach. Honestly it seems really stupid to have Baker as DC and Still have both Patke and Banda on staff. I still don't get what the **** Patke brings to the table. I just don't see how we are going to have a DL coach, two LB coaches, and two DB coaches without sacrificing an offensive position coach.

Which means we might go without a TE coach. Kinda makes sense I guess, as you can just coach TEs with OLine when they practice blocking, and WRs when they are practicing receiving.

Can we maybe get a sticky post on the current staff, possible open positions, and possibly include potential or rumored candidates, until the staff is filled out?

I'll start:
On Field (ST coordinator needs to fit in somewhere within the 10 spots listed below)
HC - Manny Diaz
O - (Seider RBC?)
O - (Ponce QBC?)
O - ?
OL - ?
DC? - Blake Baker??

Off Field
S&C - ?
Great idea MD. Sure would weed out all the noise!

Advertisement

I'll start:
HC - Manny Diaz
O - (Seider RBC?)
O - (Ponce QBC?)
O - ?
OL - ?
DC? - Blake Baker??

Off Field
S&C - ?

Nuke this thread if Applewhite is hired as OC

Well if we hire Fedora he will either be RB or WR coach as well. I assume if we get Seider, it'll be as WR coach.

If we hire Blake Baker as DC I imagine he'll also be LB or S coach. Honestly it seems really stupid to have Baker as DC and Still have both Patke and Banda on staff. I still don't get what the **** Patke brings to the table. I just don't see how we are going to have a DL coach, two LB coaches, and two DB coaches without sacrificing an offensive position coach.

Which means we might go without a TE coach. Kinda makes sense I guess, as you can just coach TEs with OLine when they practice blocking, and WRs when they are practicing receiving.

I want as little change as possible on defense.

Plenty of coach space for offense left if OC coaches a position too.

Advertisement

Have Banda do ST’s?

Advertisement
Back