Staff Sticky??

g8rh8rMD

Not a Dr.
Can we maybe get a sticky post on the current staff, possible open positions, and possibly include potential or rumored candidates, until the staff is filled out?

I'll start:
On Field (ST coordinator needs to fit in somewhere within the 10 spots listed below)
HC - Manny Diaz
OC - Fedora/Applewhite/Coley?/...?
O - (Seider RBC?)
O - (Ponce QBC?)
O - ?
OL - ?
DC - Blake Baker HIRED
DL - Simpson (responsibilities TBD)
LB - Patke (responsibilities TBD)
CB - Rumph (responsibilities TBD)
S - Banda (responsibilities TBD)

Off Field
S&C - Kurt Hester/Bo Davis?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we maybe get a sticky post on the current staff, possible open positions, and possibly include potential or rumored candidates, until the staff is filled out?

I'll start:
On Field
HC - Manny Diaz
O - (Seider RBC?)
O - (Ponce QBC?)
O/ST - ?
DC? -
D/ST - ???

Off Field
S&C - ?
Wat about WR coach?

Advertisement
For the Offense I would like
OC/TE- Fedora
PGC/ WR- Tee Martin
RBC- Seider
Co-OC/QB- Coley
OL-?

Wat about WR coach?

I've heard some names, but at current, I don't find them credible or interesting enough to post. We've had credible confirmation that both Ponce and Seider are top choices at those positions, so I put them in with a ?. It's also been posited that we may possibly not have a WR coach if Fedora is the guy at OC.

I wanted to leave it general as I think there is still some TBD as to how this shakes out.

Ideally, I just wanted to make a suggestion in the hopes that @Stefan Adams the chef would assign someone on his staff to put something like this together and make a sticky and keep it updated for easy reference while Manny does his thing.

Advertisement
The last thing we need are a bunch of co-coordinators. Fedora will never come unless he’s the only coordinator

I agree. Also, I don't really get the Tee Martin appeal, but I don't follow coaching circles as closely as some do. What has he done?

Advertisement
I agree. Also, I don't really get the Tee Martin appeal, but I don't follow coaching circles as closely as some do. What has he done?

Think it has to do more with his recruiting. I would like him as WR coach, not as an OC.

For the Offense I would like
OC/TE- Fedora
PGC/ WR- Tee Martin
RBC- Seider
Co-OC/QB- Coley
OL-?
Coley isn’t coming back for a lateral move and Fedora isn’t going to coach a position he never coached before. If it’s true then it means Fedora will coach WRs

Last edited:
Advertisement
May I suggest Spencer Whipple for QB coach? Was UMass’s QB coach/Passing game coordinator...finished 38th in offense this year.

I'll start:
On Field (ST coordinator needs to fit in somewhere within the 10 spots listed below)
HC - Manny Diaz
O - (Seider RBC?)
O - (Ponce QBC?)
OL - ?
DC? - Blake Baker??
LB - Patke (responsibilities TBD)

Off Field
S&C - ?
I thought last year you were allowed 11 on field coaches that's why we added Patke--right or wrong??

I thought last year you were allowed 11 on field coaches that's why we added Patke--right or wrong??

As I understood/recalled, last year the allowed on field staff increased from 9 to 10. So now the limit is 10.

Previous staff:
HC - CMR
QB - lilJon
RB - Cancer
WR - Dugans
TE/ST - Hartley
OL - Turnstiles
DC/ILB - Diaz
DL - Simpson
OLB - Patke
CB - Rumph
S - Banda

So, as I type that out, I am realizing that you are right. It's 10 on field ASSISTANTS. Once you include the HC, the total is 11. Thanks for pointing out my mistake!! I will correct the OP now.

Advertisement
Back