Staff changes

Dorsey has told people he would only come back to be the HC. Maybe what happened in Buffalo would change his mind, but I doubt it. I do think Mario would hire him in a second, and so would many college HCs.

Advertisement
I’d love to see a change at DTs coach. I’d prefer to take Elijah Robinson from A&M. He may not be the same dude on the trail without the bags but he’d be an upgrade.

Al Davis from Missouri is another great option.
Good call. I forgot that their staff is about to be blown up. Is he legit without bags? @JustAFanHTX

Elijah is Still young which helps beyond just Bags. Their NIL deals are nice but he did pretty well in his roles at Penn St and Temple.

Spent a lot of time with Larry Johnson when He was the gold standard for DLinemen both as a player and coach. Then with Rhule at Temple and Baylor.

From Camden so he doesn’t just talk tough. He saw some stuff growing up.

Advertisement
He doesn’t read social media.

And what were you expecting this year from last year. It better have improved in some ways vs Gattis.

It’s nice that the UL & BC game have helped his stats because when we were in the middle of this mess, we scored 20 points vs GT, 6 points vs NC State and whatever bull**** points we scored in overtime wins vs UVA & Clemson.

Win one game and all of a sudden you have Amnesia.
I’d sure like to know WTF was going on during that stretch. TVD hurt. Mario meddling. Dawson outsmarting himself. Some combination. Hard to evaluate Dawson fully without knowing.

The first 4 games + last 2 games the offense looked fairly solid. Multiple with formations, pre-snap motion, decent creativity, solid run game, guys getting open.

I’m not sold on Dawson and think there needs to be improvement, but I think continuity is probably preferable to having a 3rd offensive coordinator in 3 years.

I’d sure like to know WTF was going on during that stretch. TVD hurt. Mario meddling. Dawson outsmarting himself. Some combination. Hard to evaluate Dawson fully without knowing.

The first 4 games + last 2 games the offense looked fairly solid. Multiple with formations, pre-snap motion, decent creativity, solid run game, guys getting open.

I’m not sold on Dawson and think there needs to be improvement, but I think continuity is probably preferable to having a 3rd offensive coordinator in 3 years.
Dawson ain’t going nowhere. We saw what he can do. The TVD issues ruined the season

Guidry

1700875271489.jpeg

I’d love to see a change at DTs coach. I’d prefer to take Elijah Robinson from A&M. He may not be the same dude on the trail without the bags but he’d be an upgrade.

Woah woah woah woah.

I’m gonna have to ask you to leave CIS chief. Big Joe slander will not be tolerated on here, prepare yourself.

Advertisement

Exactly!

As an example: He had guys motioning a ton today. It gave TVD the ability to read whether the defense was in Zone or Man coverage.

Dawson hadn’t done any of that in about 6 weeks. Why? Doesn’t matter the condition of the QB to do motion and help out the QB.

I want Partridge.

I have a feeling you are going to say we have no shot there.

Advertisement
stats against FBS competition compared to last year
(this doesn't include today which will help this years numbers even more)

2023 total offense - 37th (417 ypg)
2022 total offense - 97th (347 ypg)

2023 ppg - 44th (29.2 ppg)
2022 ppg - 113th (19.4 ppg)

2023 ypp - 26th (6.46 ypp)
2022 ypp - 89th (5.34 ypp)

I'm not sure what you all expected. These numbers were actually much better until TVD decided to self sabotage with 14 turnovers in 3 games and this is year 1, it'll be better next year

how can you possibly consider that to be a failure when looking at the reality of how we lost our games?

louisville and UNC - offense played well enough and defense got gashed

GT and NC State - turnovers were insurmountable

FSU - was what it was but we outgained FSU with a true freshman QB on the road compared to their 6th year QB

blame Mario on our talent in the QB room and blame tvd all you want but the offense has been working
Was this before Today or after?

I'm not quite sure what you are touting here but if you are implying that TVD is not the main problem and therefore Dawson has been bad enough to can, then I don't know what to say to that. Dawson deserves blame absolutely, but I don't know any OC in the nation that could overcome the mental and physical QB collapse that TVD displayed this year. Only my opinion, but Dawson showed enough offensive improvements to me in the season to warrant the gamble on continuity. I do know football and played just enough to see that TVD was insurmountable in his mistakes. It was nobody else but him who threw into multi coverage multiple times and fumbled repeatedly. He is damaged goods and weak mentally. I love him and support him but Dawson was not the main issue
Let me try again:

- TVD was terrible in GT game. He has a history of throwing into Zone coverage since his first year starting (Pre Dawson). That’s on TVD. He threw a ton of picks into zone coverage this year. GT game was in TVD.

- Outside of the GT game, he was injured. Couldn’t get much on the ball. Many of those Zone pics in later games, yes, TVD threw them while being injured. Couldn’t get much on the ball the floated. He got the yips as a result. Mentally fried. The coaches fault for playing him injured or at least not pulling him from the game after what they saw.

- Dawson didn’t scheme anything easy to work around TVDs injuries. There was no motion to help him read defense. Nothing to the tight ends or running backs like in today’s game where he gave TVD some easy throws.

- Part of the blame falls on TVD and part in Dawson, hence, intertwined.

- TVD, more healthy today, had better results. He ran the ball, made some good throws. Made some bad throws. Dawson called a good game. Was creative. The TVD of last week and this week was nothing close to the TVD post UNC game with the injuries.

I want Partridge.

I have a feeling you are going to say we have no shot there.
Last I heard is he wouldn’t work for Mario. Bad blood from recruiting trail.

Would take one or both of them swallowing pride

Advertisement
Exactly!

As an example: He had guys motioning a ton today. It gave TVD the ability to read whether the defense was in Zone or Man coverage.

Dawson hadn’t done any of that in about 6 weeks. Why? Doesn’t matter the condition of the QB to do motion and help out the QB.
It should be even more of a priority in that case. But it wasn't....

Last I heard is he wouldn’t work for Mario. Bad blood from recruiting trail.

Would take one or both of them swallowing pride

Partridge has been at Pitt since 2017. At some point if he was interested in leaving for a higher playing job he would have.

Dude probably has gotten comfortable collecting a nice paycheck from Pitt to recruit and develop under the radar guys.

Partridge has been at Pitt since 2017. At some point if he was interested in leaving for a higher playing job he would have.

Dude probably has gotten comfortable collecting a nice paycheck from Pitt to recruit and develop under the radar guys.
My guess then is Ohio State when Johnson retires. Usually how it goes.

Advertisement
Back