Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
Advertisement
At this point it's a given that we are going to run a scheme that caters to our South Florida athletes. My only concern is who will be our Ace recruiters on the offensive side of the ball. More importantly, we have to bring in someone who is going to relate to these kids on a cultural level.

misc-me-gusta-l.png

Advertisement
Oh, are you privy to who's been in touch with Major Applewhite since he was let go by Houston?
Good point. I've been tracking the chatter and analysis on Tennessee boards where they are also seeking a new OC. Early on it seemed consensus there was that BOTH (HC) Fedora and Applewhite would see it as a step-down and it wasn't feasible...

...which means just maybe Canes got a pretty good OC outcome in ex-HC Applewhite, who might not be amenable to "just any" P5 OC, but the high-potential one here.

So we need a
Oc might double as the qb coach.
qb coach
Rb coach
Receiver coach
Tight end coach
Oline coach

Special teams coach will doubled by I believe patke

Advertisement
I don't think they'll hire him, but I think they'll flirt with him to slow down Diaz's process of hiring a staff.

Temple HC is a better job than Miami OC.
As of right now, yes. But will that still be the case 12-24 months from now?

If applewhite can develop QBs I'm for it. My mind was/is set on fedora but if it isnt gonna happen then well...

Throw 550k at seider and get him here because applewhite should be a 800k to 1 mil OC I would have to guess, whereas fedora would quite possibly be above 1 mil

Advertisement
Why wright?

I know for an almost absolute certainty that the people saying wright truly don't know anything other than where Toledo finished (not who's offense it is) and are just anti applewhite

Do your freakin' research for once in a Orange and Green moon! Toledo's offense had NOTHING TO DO with their crappy record this season. Akin to Miami's defense having nothing to do with the final ' 18 season record! dUh. Matter of fact, Toledo finished NO. 29 total offense and NO. TEN in scoring offense this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, Toledo has finished three consecutive seasons ranked in the Top 30 total offense. And OC Wright has been responsible for those rankings and what not. Yeah, yeah, yeah. His offensive players were MAINLY responsible and all that. So what.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back