Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
Applewhite also presents an interesting potential 2019 playoff matchup with Texas.

And guys need to get over the No D hire. He's an offensive coach who made a bad defensive hire. You have different goals for a defense at Houston than at Miami. Maybe applewhite thought the "bend but not break" defense style would fit the high scoring games you play in at Houston. As an outsider, he is not going to be aware of all the details on what went exactly went down. Who cares really. You're letting bad memories cloud your judgment about something that's pretty irrelevant for his situation here as only OC.

Advertisement
Manny, my man, no on Applejacks, yes on Bedenbaugh. Fix OL and get the Sooner offense. Doesn't matter who we have at QB if he can't stay upright.

Do your freakin' research for once in a Orange and Green moon! Toledo's offense had NOTHING TO DO with their crappy record this season. Akin to Miami's defense having nothing to do with the final ' 18 season record! dUh. Matter of fact, Toledo finished NO. 29 total offense and NO. TEN in scoring offense this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, Toledo has finished three consecutive seasons ranked in the Top 30 total offense. And OC Wright has been responsible for those rankings and what not. Yeah, yeah, yeah. His offensive players were MAINLY responsible and all that. So what.

You missed the most important thing. It's JASON CANDLE'S OFFENSE

you guys are begging for wright who got fired from FAU just because his name isnt applewhite

Do YOUR research

Advertisement
Advertisement
The major problem with this team is O line. Either the players arent being put in a good position to succeed or they flat out suck. lets hope they can be coached up and schemed properly to succeed.
Good news! They can be coached up and schemed properly. Take a look at what Freddie Kitchen's playcalling after taking over for OC Todd Haley did for the Brown's formerly horrible offensive line.

The Browns allowed 70 total hits on its QBs this season. Of those 70, 61 of them occurred while Todd Hale was OC, and ONLY 9 with Kitchens as interim OC. Kitchens did this on purpose. His play calls got the ball out quick and accentuated the strengths of the otherwise poor o-line play. The o-line got better and better each game. He literally saved our two OTs careers, especially the LT.

But I’m not aiming for 10-2/11-1/12-1. I’m aiming for 13-0 with a playoff berth and unless Major took the time to learn from Tom/Briles and implemented formations, motions, etc from them to revamp that O then I don’t think he’s the guy that’ll put us over on Clemson, Ohio State, Clemson, etc.
While I want to be a national champ ... Let’s walk before we run and beat teams as should beat like Duke at home or say Virginia. Can manny and company get us to beat the teams we should ?

Advertisement
There's dozens & dozens of Uptempo Spread play callers in college football, why is Applewhite the only one we're considering? And does anybody else find it weird that NO other team is even talking to Applewhite?...

Not trying to bhitch & complain, I really like the hire of Blake Baker as DC, like Hester as the potential S&C as well, I even like some of the names being throw out for RB & WR coach from a recruiting standpoint, I just don't get this Applewhite thing.

I'm willing to give it a chance & see how it works out, but there's some real skepticism on my part with Apple. And you don't have to propagandize me with spin, I know he called plays under Herman but that doesn't convince me. They booted his *** outta there as soon as they could, that's a red flag imo.

Hopefully he does a great job here though.
I'm gonna go with some people make better Coordinators than HC's... Prime examples are Norv Turner and Wade Phillips, both solid Coo's but horrible HC's..... Now in now way am I saying Applewhite is as proven as those two by any means but if put in the right situation he could do well...

Advertisement
I don't think they'll hire him, but I think they'll flirt with him to slow down Diaz's process of hiring a staff.

Temple HC is a better job than Miami OC.

Fran Brown will win temple job if fedora doesn’t take UM job he maybe out of work.....

I'm gonna go with some people make better Coordinators than HC's... Prime examples are Norv Turner and Wade Phillips, both solid Coo's but horrible HC's..... Now in now way am I saying Applewhite is as proven as those two by any means but if put in the right situation he could do well...

Take your lame crap back to SOTU. You stink up the hood'!:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg::zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg::zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg::zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg::zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Advertisement
Back