Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
Advertisement
You his agent? LOL.

And what if....just maybe...just maybe..we are the job he really wants and hes not taking any other calls? I know we Cane fans think we are a 3rd rate gig and nobody would want to come here but...
We shall see

Advertisement
Apple screwed up hiring Coach D. No question about it. At Miami he will not be hiring anyone. So how does that translate that he will suck as an OC? If Apple screws the pooch at Miami it will be because he failed to recruit a big time QB, he failed to adapt to the South Florida culture, and he failed to out scheme some sorry ACC Coastal defensive coordinators. But again, how does hiring Coach D have any reflection on how he accomplishes what I just mentioned? Not seeing the correlation. We all know Coach D is a smooth talker. He talked it up in the interview and Apple fell for it. He probably blamed the whole Miami debacle on Golden just to get a job.

People don't hire coaches to spite other programs

If they think he's good enough to lead their program they'll do it. They aren't going to set back their football program because Manny left. That is the dumbest **** I've read on here in a while
I don't think they'll hire him, but I think they'll flirt with him to slow down Diaz's process of hiring a staff.

Temple HC is a better job than Miami OC.

Advertisement
He doesn't have those decision making opportunities here. It's irrelevant is brocks point.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being an OC and no situation similar to it or even close in importance could materialize here

Something like that indicates an issue or issues that go beyond personnel evaluation specifically, imo. It’s some combination of lack of preparation, attention to detail, awareness, recognition, judgment. Those things are at play in any coaching position but especially HC and a coordinator level. If you are an offensive-minded head coach, the DC hire is probably the most important decision you make - and he picked D’O. Like I said, perhaps it was just insanely awful but out of character mistake. I give everyone a mulligan or two. If he’s our OC, I hope that’s the case. Hope abounds with regime change for me. I don’t think he’s an incompetent OC and he will be an upgrade from Richt, I feel confident.

I'm good with Applewhite or Wright. We took our shot with Fedora. I like where Manny's head is at for OC.

Only name mentioned for OC so far that I'm not much of a fan of, is Coley.

The only mention has been media saying Coley would like to have the job. They've also said no one at Miami has contacted him. So he's not on any list right now for possible OC's.

I wish someone could screenshot some of the stuff that was said it that thread. It was the Titanic in there when Manny was hired. Only one or two posters tried to say that Manny was actually not that bad. Smh. Deja Vu all over again.
And if you dared suggest waiting and seeing, the accounts that joined two days ago were more than happy to neg you and reply with vitriol.

Advertisement
Well maybe we saved a little bit of money on Major and can spend a good amount for the last three. One can wish, doubt it though. Need to hire some savages on the trail because everyone we have so far...

I wish someone could screenshot some of the stuff that was said it that thread. It was the Titanic in there when Manny was hired. Only one or two posters tried to say that Manny was actually not that bad. Smh. Deja Vu all over again.

I say give the man a shot. He has experience being a QB at a big time college, an OC at a big time college, and a head coach. I can also see Manny letting him also be the QB coach. So, we would have an OC and a competent QB coach. I thought that's what everybody wanted.

Advertisement
I will never, ever, ever be able to get past the fact that he hired Dorito. Really hope it's not Applewhite, would much rather have Toledo's OC.

BINGO! Toledo's OC Wright is the " right fit " for what's ailing Miami's putrid offense and all that.:cool: But I doubt Diaz' reaches out to him.

Advertisement
Back