Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The only real update is on offensive coordinator. I can confirm others' reports that former Houston head coach Major Applewhite should now be considered the leading candidate for the spot. What happened with former UNC head coach Larry Fedora? It's not 100% certain, but one strong source inside Hecht believes Fedora let UM brass know this morning that he prefers a head coaching position and that Applewhite is the name that's trending internally right now.

Advertisement
I'm really not thrilled with Applewhite, especially talking with friends at Houston/Texas. Hopefully he runs the playbooks of Briles/Herman, because one of my friends described his offense as "the Alabama caveman offense".

Ooofaaaa...not good. I like the up and comer trend with guys like Blake Baker and keeping the D in tact. We should go that route then. High floor/low potential hire if you ask me.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
The only real update is on offensive coordinator. I can confirm others' reports that former Houston head coach Major Applewhite should now be considered the leading candidate for the spot. What happened with former UNC head coach Larry Fedora? It's not 100% certain, but one strong source inside Hecht believes Fedora let UM brass know this morning that he prefers a head coaching position and that Applewhite is the name that's trending internally right now.
he interviewed on tuesday i believe.

2BA9EEB6-653A-4A77-A037-99CE87ADFBCD.gif

Only issue I have is that our O looks like it’ll never be elite. Top 30/40 offense but never top 10-15. Like I said High floor/low potential...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
He had Briles and Herman to push what works and Manny wants a style that they run so you'd imagine he runs that unless he wants to get fired because this is his big shot too before schools lose respect for him

Advertisement
Back