Staff Changes - 1/2 PM Update

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
**Earlier today, Manny Diaz referred to an additional hire coming on the defense. I'm told Miami is set on making that hire a defensive coordinator, which would move Jon Patke (outside linebackers) and Ephraim Banda (safeties) back to their prior roles on the staff. I can confirm the top target right now is Blake Baker, the current defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Diaz worked with Baker at Texas and LA Tech and I'm told Baker was set to follow Diaz to Temple to be co-DC's with Fran Brown, with Baker in the playcalling role.

**As for recruiting coordinator, I can confirm through multiple sources that offensive quality control coach David Cooney is being promoted to the position. I'm told it is a done deal.

**As for strength and conditioning coach, I've heard two names floating around as options behind the scenes. One would be Kurt Hester, the current head of S&C at Louisiana Tech. The second is Bo Davis, currently the D-Line coach for the Detroit Lions and former assistant S&C coach at LSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**Earlier today, Manny Diaz referred to an additional hire coming on the defense. I'm told Miami is set on making that hire a defensive coordinator, which would move Jon Patke (outside linebackers) and Ephraim Banda (safeties) back to their prior roles on the staff. I can confirm the top target right now is Blake Baker, the current defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Diaz worked with Baker at Mississippi State and I'm told Baker was set to follow Diaz to Temple to be co-DC's with Fran Brown, with Baker in the playcalling role.

**As for recruiting coordinator, I can confirm through multiple sources that offensive quality control coach David Cooney is being promoted to the position. I'm told it is a done deal.

**As for strength and conditioning coach I've heard two names floating around as options behind the scenes. One would be Kurt Hester, the current head of S&C at Louisiana Tech. The second is Bo Davis, currently the D-Line coach for the Detroit Lions and former assistant S&C coach at LSU.

i need some fresh undies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's Wednesday.
665.jpg

Advertisement
**Earlier today, Manny Diaz referred to an additional hire coming on the defense. I'm told Miami is set on making that hire a defensive coordinator, which would move Jon Patke (outside linebackers) and Ephraim Banda (safeties) back to their prior roles on the staff. I can confirm the top target right now is Blake Baker, the current defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Diaz worked with Baker at Mississippi State and I'm told Baker was set to follow Diaz to Temple to be co-DC's with Fran Brown, with Baker in the playcalling role.

**As for strength and conditioning coach I've heard two names floating around as options behind the scenes. One would be Kurt Hester, the current head of S&C at Louisiana Tech. The second is Bo Davis, currently the D-Line coach for the Detroit Lions and former assistant S&C coach at LSU.

I told y’all Hester might be the Strength Coach. Only hold up would be he is a country boy and not sure how he fits in Miami. His family is all down in Louisiana and dude likes to hunt. As a strength coach though, he would be a great hire and much different from Big Gus. Heater is a psycho and does a lot of out do the box training.

Advertisement
Back