Staff Changes - 1/2 AM Update

View as article
Advertisement
Any reason why the host on the WQAM morning show said both Simpson and Rumph were let go? Can anyone confirm this?
that's not true diaz today in his presser said all d coaches coming back but it also sounds like he is hiring a dc or co/dc with play calling responsibility

I'm hearing Ponce is out as QB coach talked to some coaches and he is not well liked by some major coaches down here.. and Manny doesnt wanna ruffle feathers

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm hearing Ponce is out as QB coach talked to some coaches and he is not well liked by some major coaches down here.. and Manny doesnt wanna ruffle feathers

I think this is a good thing.

Separate to being a UM homer...why isn't Kenny an option? He did an excellent job with Cam Newton (who has regressed since he left) and a QB coach role here could be perfect.

That's why Diaz has to make the quick and right hires on offense!

At this point recruiting is irrelevant. Most of the major fish have made their decisions and only splash hires would likely cause a flip anyways.

So at this point, hold out for the "splash" hire, which in theory should be the best hire, as long as needed. We cannot whiff on the OC hire.

I still think there is too much smoke for it to not be Fedora, but Manny did say something about timing of the announcement being complicated by when coaches are available to be hired, or something to that effect. I would think if it was Fedora (or Applewhite for that matter) that wouldn't be an issue, but I'm probably over-thinking it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Graham Harell? WHy would you put him over Applewhite? He has minimal experience

I like guys on an upward trajectory.

Applewhite's already been fired once as an OC....and had to carry the "CO" title at his next stint. I just don't see anything special in Applewhite

Advertisement
Back