Staff Changes - 1/2 AM Update

Advertisement
I like guys on an upward trajectory.

Applewhite's already been fired once as an OC....and had to carry the "CO" title at his next stint. I just don't see anything special in Applewhite
wasnt he good at Houston with Herman? Seems like a midwest guy anyway

wasnt he good at Houston with Herman? Seems like a midwest guy anyway

I'm gonna be honest here for a second, and it's totally a personal bias thing,

I simply CANNOT get past the fact he WILLINGLY, CONSCIOUSLY, AND INTENTIONALLY hired Mark D'Onfrio to be his defensive coordinator. I'm sorry....but that says something about a man's judgement. Not sure I want to be in a fox hole with a guy like that.

Advertisement
Coley does not say innovator, creative and aggressive. He runs an entirely different Offense than Fedora. This would be a massive fail.
Coley is running the system that Kirby Smart wants. I believe he could adapt to to an RPO spread like OK State, but I agree he should be a plan C or D option.

I'm gonna be honest here for a second, and it's totally a personal bias thing,

I simply CANNOT get past the fact he WILLINGLY, CONSCIOUSLY, AND INTENTIONALLY hired Mark D'Onfrio to be his defensive coordinator. I'm sorry....but that says something about a man's judgement. Not sure I want to be in a fox hole with a guy like that.

LOL I cant get mad at you for that, I like guys that have made mistakes and learn from them. I dont trust new guys who are wet behind the ears

How is it starting to sound like a swing and miss ? Because fans have made assumption after assumption ? The name Fedora hasn’t even come out of Manny mouth but because he hasn’t been announced yet it’s starting to look like a miss ? LOL

True. Then again, whoever he gets will be the one he really wanted all alone. Never seen it any other way.

Advertisement
And for every case like that....there's 4,981 ones that don't pan out.

I'm a numbers guy, an odds guy, a sample size guy.....you simply can't **** around with THE most important hire on the staff. It HAS to be a home run.

And that's why Coach Diaz hires OC Brian Wright away from Toledo. He also has south Florida connections as an assistant at Florida Atlantic. So he has an understanding of recruiting the Tri-county metro-plex.

Advertisement
I hear you, but that was more than a mistake...that was GROSS NEGLIGENCE. There's a HUGE distinction there.
:loyal: you make a great point, but guys like Yost are pipe dreams to me that are never going to happen...Im fine with Fedora or Apple White Im scared of getting somebody like Coley so Im playing it safe

And for every case like that....there's 4,981 ones that don't pan out.

I'm a numbers guy, an odds guy, a sample size guy.....you simply can't **** around with THE most important hire on the staff. It HAS to be a home run.
Im not saying he will or won't but I'm not going to use that especially when it doesn't always mean he wasn't good but hr isn't my first choice

:loyal: you make a great point, but guys like Yost are pipe dreams to me that are never going to happen...Im fine with Fedora or Apple White Im scared of getting somebody like Coley so Im playing it safe

I agree with you again...but I'll simply say this. Before I even entertain giving the job to a Coley or an Applewhite I reach out to every "pipe dream" and take their temperature.

Mike Leach is crazy, weird, and nuts enough to take a demotion at this stage of his career in return for a chance to win big. If he says no....then I go to the next unrealistic option.

And I then proceed to every unrealistic option I can think before I even entertain coming back to those two guys.

Advertisement
Manny knows he has to compete with Nick, Nick’s Boosters and Bags from here to Vero Beach.

He needs a Name OC. He can’t settle for Small Potatoes.

Don't disagree. But given the expectations he himself is putting out there he needs to deliver. Better be delivering more like Michael than Fredo.

Feels like we are losing momentum on Fedora. The original post in one of yesterday’s “insider” threads claiming a Golden Cane confirmed Fedora, has now been deleted and replaced with NM. 🤔

Must be Fedora, Applebag, and Coley. Better hope Fedora doesn’t flake out.
What I find interesting Chise is I don't recall any of these 3 names brought up when we were all calling for an OC with Richt. I'm with you on Fedora. It would be a smart hire in the sense he was a former HC and would be an asset to a first time HC. Fedora being an good OC is a bonus.

Advertisement
Back