Stacy Searles

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
When he was hired he probably got the most criticism from the fan base behind Jon Richt and Manny Diaz. He probably had the most cleaning up to do with his unit than any other coach on the staff. He's been without a doubt our best recruiter (right there with Dugans) and he's got the OL playing mean and giving our QB plenty of time to throw and RBs plenty of holes to run through and most importantly.. I'm not cussing every play because of a false start or a holding.

Just for reference on what he inherited... Look at Erick Flowers and how bad he's doing in the NFL. That is the most talented/gifted OT we've had at Miami in over a decade. Most of the NFL analysts seem to agree that Flowers struggles are due to bad habits and bad technique that he can't break that was taught and pounded in his head by Kehoe.

For fvcks sake Searles has Hayden Mahoney out here being a road grader. A kid that we all had on our top 5 attrition candidates when the new staff came in. Not only that but he has saved the careers of Trevor Darling and KC McDermott. Darling was the worst LT in the ACC and McDermott was getting pushed in the backfield doing a split and ending up on the ground every play. Now they're both probably going to be drafted and they currently make up one of the best left sides of an OL in the ACC. All he did was flip their positions and actually coach them.

Can't wait to see Donaldson, Herbert, Gaynor, Hillery, Dykstra, and the current commits down the road. He and Kul will be the reason we compete for championships.

Advertisement
The o-line getting there butts handed to them in practice also can’t be undervalued. Our d-line is better than most they will face on game day.

The o-line getting there butts handed to them in practice also can’t be undervalued. Our d-line is better than most they will face on game day.

Without a doubt. Facing a better DL every day than we play throughout the season is a good building block. The huge cut-down on holding and false starts has been my favorite part though. That's coaching. Especially considering the youth we have playing and rotating in on the OL

not to mention he has two years of solid recruiting: donaldson, gaynor, dystra, hillery, herbert, campbell, scaife, reed,

Advertisement
Mark Richt had mentioned that some puzzy tech player talked some sh*t at the half to our OL and from there they played with a mean streak the rest of the game. It showed. Those boys are becoming men under Searels.

One thing that bothered me yesterday is when our skill position guys are grinding for extra yards and an OL just stands there watching while multiple defenders pile on.

McDermott just watched on at least 5 plays that I counted against GaTech

Advertisement
I've become a big Searles fan. He also gets super jacked up. Dude is a fire for an old guy.

Advertisement
You guys ever hear Searles? Dude is a mean SOB. Our OL is taking after him. Kids like Gaynor, Herbert and the incoming class are mean. That Cleveland reed kid is nasty MF

we sit right behind the OL bench. the guy is screaming at them like his b@lls are on fire. sometimes inches from their face. other times he's ecstatic with them. old school for sure.

the fewer OL penalties is huge. during the last FSU drive. the OL remained in position for about 2-3 seconds longer (dont know why) than normal and every time i was expecting someone to jump early but it didnt happen.

great improvement second half of last year, which is continuing this year.

I've been a Searles fan since I watched him coaching at practice. He is a superior coach and a very good recruiter plus I think he has that knack for recruiting what is the most difficult positions to recruit. The ability to determine who has not reached their level of competence in high school and who will continue to improve and be a dominant lineman in college

Advertisement
I just like that we don't see the G tap the butt to have the ball snapped a second later only to see the DE run past the OT.

Advertisement
Back