Stacy Coley at Practice Today

Not quite as big and strong, and maybe a little less explosive.....but Stacy Coley reminds me of Sammy (Watkins) get him in space one on one please.

Advertisement
This is the week they work Coley down the field, right. Or are they saving that for later.

It looks like we've really run only like 12-15 total plays, so they have to be saving something. I don't fully understand the saving thing. Especially saving vertical routes and middle of the field stuff. If you challenge those areas during those "preseason" games, the more legitimate teams have to prepare for so much more. The counter to that argument is "well, then we catch them by surprise." Sure, for a series or a handful of plays, or maybe even a half, but then what? When they adjust, like FSU did last season, we don't have consistent practice against a live opponent in a critical area. So when FSU goes to zone defense, Kaaya's not as sharp.

Just feels like we're a consistent step behind. And, it feels that way because we apparently have decent planners on our coaching staff, but we've been questionable when we have to adjust on the fly.

THIS

Advertisement
This is the week they work Coley down the field, right. Or are they saving that for later.

It looks like we've really run only like 12-15 total plays, so they have to be saving something. I don't fully understand the saving thing. Especially saving vertical routes and middle of the field stuff. If you challenge those areas during those "preseason" games, the more legitimate teams have to prepare for so much more. The counter to that argument is "well, then we catch them by surprise." Sure, for a series or a handful of plays, or maybe even a half, but then what? When they adjust, like FSU did last season, we don't have consistent practice against a live opponent in a critical area. So when FSU goes to zone defense, Kaaya's not as sharp.

Just feels like we're a consistent step behind. And, it feels that way because we apparently have decent planners on our coaching staff, but we've been questionable when we have to adjust on the fly.

I’m not buying this. We say this every year and every year it’s the same ending to the story. Nothing changes.

Which part aren't you buying?

I'm not buying that were saving something in our offense only to show a more viable opponent later in the year (NEB, FSU, etc..). It's wishful thinking and history has proven that.

That's actually false. We didn't show stuff at the beginning of last year that we later unveiled against FSU and VTech. Personnel groupings, plays, etc.

When did Walton save Kaaya's life? Which game and quarter was that in? Thank you

I believe they are referring to the flea flicker vs FAU where Walton amazingly turned around and blocked a defender after flicking it back to Kaaya. The defender was untouched except for Walton getting to him.

Advertisement

I’m not buying this. We say this every year and every year it’s the same ending to the story. Nothing changes.

Which part aren't you buying?

I'm not buying that were saving something in our offense only to show a more viable opponent later in the year (NEB, FSU, etc..). It's wishful thinking and history has proven that.

That's actually false. We didn't show stuff at the beginning of last year that we later unveiled against FSU and VTech. Personnel groupings, plays, etc.

Which is part of why it's absolutely ridiculous for Golden to expect his teams to not put an undue amount of importance on the FSU game.

He "saves" stuff for FSU every year and in the very same breath will preach about being consistent everyday in your approach. If you're installing special plays, it only lends itself to the idea that the special plays are for a special game.

No wonder they packed up and went home last year with 3 games left on the calendar.

When did Walton save Kaaya's life? Which game and quarter was that in? Thank you

I don't remember which quarter exactly (I want to say the second) but it was on the flea flicker and McDermott got beat like a drum and Walton pretty much had to flying headbutt block and got just enough to protect Kaaya.

Advertisement
Not quite as big and strong, and maybe a little less explosive.....but Stacy Coley reminds me of Sammy (Watkins) get him in space one on one please.

So in other words... nothing like Watkins.... wow! Is this for real???????

The masses on here were claiming he was better than Watkins his first year. F'n ridiculous.

Not quite as big and strong, and maybe a little less explosive

Did you read what I said.....not one time did I say he was equal or better than Sammy lol people on here

Your logic completely explains this staff's incompetency.

Holding back trick or gimmick plays, fake punts or FGs...onside kicks...whatever, got it. Holding back on what should be a staple or even backbone of this offense, hilarious concept at best.

We will see Saturday, but going down field, even 10-15 yards, and utilizing the TEs should be an every possession call versus the lame *** bubble. Teams will sit all over the horizontal **** as long as we keep going there with such gut wrenching predictability...

UM

Advertisement

The masses on here were claiming he was better than Watkins his first year. F'n ridiculous.

Did you read what I said.....not one time did I say he was equal or better than Sammy lol people on here
Why even mention Sammy Watkins if Coley isn't as big, strong, fast or explosive? Why not bring up a guy who is smaller, weaker, slower and less explosive than Sammy Watkins and compare Coley to him?

I remind chicks of Lexington Steel except my putz is 3 inches and I ejaculate prematurely on the rare occasion that I can actually achieve tumescence.

I was tailgating at the fau game and saw Braxton. He said 2-3 weeks till he's ready for game time.

Why even mention Sammy Watkins if Coley isn't as big, strong, fast or explosive? Why not bring up a guy who is smaller, weaker, slower and less explosive than Sammy Watkins and compare Coley to him?

I remind chicks of Lexington Steel except my putz is 3 inches and I ejaculate prematurely on the rare occasion that I can actually achieve tumescence.

SMH Like I said....the people on this board. What the heck does comparing your junk to Lex Steele has to do with what I said. That's like comparing apples to oranges. Coley is similar to Sammy the way he runs after the catch, balance, vision, speed, just not as big and strong I said MAYBE a little less explosive...now what's wrong with that?

Advertisement
Back