Stacy Coley at Practice Today

the storm

Banned Under CIS Martial Law until 11/5/20
Reports now indicate Berrios back either Cincy or FSU. Juwon also back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's what I don't get about Coley. He has a QB with a really good arm, but he rarely lets him use it. In three years Coley can't move the chains with really, really good talent. Sick of that garbage. If we could convert 40%+ of our 3rd down attempts, we'd have won 2-3 more games last year. It's THAT IMPORTANT!!! We can't convert 30%, or less, and not be much better than a .500 program.
He will if they don't call those stupid bubble screens to him.

but they will...on 3rd and 16 to the short side of the field

This is the week they work Coley down the field, right. Or are they saving that for later.

That's what I don't get about Coley. He has a QB with a really good arm, but he rarely lets him use it. In three years Coley can't move the chains with really, really good talent. Sick of that garbage. If we could convert 40%+ of our 3rd down attempts, we'd have won 2-3 more games last year. It's THAT IMPORTANT!!! We can't convert 30%, or less, and not be much better than a .500 program.

but they will...on 3rd and 16 to the short side of the field

Seems to me like he doesn't understand passing concepts and Situational football. You have dynamic play makers all over the field but cannot utilize them right. Same goes for the defense. They do not know how to utilize these athletes which is why these guys are usually more productive in the NFL. Coley has 10-15 plays that he calls all game no matter the score thats It! Very easy to gameplan for.

This is the week they work Coley down the field, right. Or are they saving that for later.

It looks like we've really run only like 12-15 total plays, so they have to be saving something. I don't fully understand the saving thing. Especially saving vertical routes and middle of the field stuff. If you challenge those areas during those "preseason" games, the more legitimate teams have to prepare for so much more. The counter to that argument is "well, then we catch them by surprise." Sure, for a series or a handful of plays, or maybe even a half, but then what? When they adjust, like FSU did last season, we don't have consistent practice against a live opponent in a critical area. So when FSU goes to zone defense, Kaaya's not as sharp.

Just feels like we're a consistent step behind. And, it feels that way because we apparently have decent planners on our coaching staff, but we've been questionable when we have to adjust on the fly.

Advertisement

¡DALE!

BFFECRCBRSZJXBR.20140424165258.jpg

I swear the coaches must be watching the one bubble screen to Coley that actually worked on a loop (2 years ago v. VT), and thinking, "That was super awesome!! Let's try it again!"

[video=youtube;jEsAPREW2_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEsAPREW2_E[/video]

If Folden felt like he needed to hide his offense from a weak Nebraska team with a brand new staff then that should tell you all you need to know about why we suck so badly.

Advertisement

It looks like we've really run only like 12-15 total plays, so they have to be saving something. I don't fully understand the saving thing. Especially saving vertical routes and middle of the field stuff. If you challenge those areas during those "preseason" games, the more legitimate teams have to prepare for so much more. The counter to that argument is "well, then we catch them by surprise." Sure, for a series or a handful of plays, or maybe even a half, but then what? When they adjust, like FSU did last season, we don't have consistent practice against a live opponent in a critical area. So when FSU goes to zone defense, Kaaya's not as sharp.

Just feels like we're a consistent step behind. And, it feels that way because we apparently have decent planners on our coaching staff, but we've been questionable when we have to adjust on the fly.

I’m not buying this. We say this every year and every year it’s the same ending to the story. Nothing changes.

Any chance somebody knows what the average gain is on the bubble screen that last couple years? Has to be under 3.

Advertisement

I’m not buying this. We say this every year and every year it’s the same ending to the story. Nothing changes.

Which part aren't you buying?

Which part aren't you buying?

I'm not buying that were saving something in our offense only to show a more viable opponent later in the year (NEB, FSU, etc..). It's wishful thinking and history has proven that.

Advertisement
Back