Stacking the deck...

We have one brainwashed sec shill. Dude is in here talking about miss state and ole miss being on the up. Lmao

Same dude that wouldn't say his own team is on the up.....his justification? Dak Prescott (lmao at that bum) and ole miss having first round talent. News flash YOUR Miami hurricanes had first round talent..and returned a ton..were we on the up? Lol

Their stacking the deck..::espn/sec. Watch towards the end if the year when sec announcers are chiming for three sec teams in the playoffs which they have been trying to do.

No one is saying the acc is on the same level team wise....I'm just arguing the fact of the glitch that they have been using the last decade with flooding pre season polls with sec teams to keep sec teams strength of schedule up and minus the negatives on losses against each other.

I'm also really tired if hearing "self type player"...news flash the sorry acc is cranking the same amount of nfl guys...I have yet to hear an acc type rb, cb, lb. Brainwadhing recruits to commit to the ten, Kentucky's of the works like it makes a real difference getting your *** beat 5-7 times a season will help your NFL hopes.

Advertisement
Mississippi state by the way returns a top player in Prescott. That has a lot to do with it. That program is on the up.

The next time I bring up Mississippi State will be the first time. Gotta be able to read a post if we're going to have a discussion.

My mistake. Still doesn't take away from the main point. Regardless of what team you're talking about. Mississippi has two dudes that are projected to be top 5 picks in the draft. That talent is there. On the up.

Miss States last 3 recruiting classes were 18th, 35th, 25th. Similar to Nebraska. They have average talent. Prescott isn't as good as you think either.

ole Miss recruiting wasn't much better except the year they bought Tunsil/Nkemdiche/Treadwell.

So, The talent isn't there. Which is why is was so stupid ranking them #1 last year. miss State played good defense with a great DC that works for UF Now, while ole miss won 7 ******* games. (Oh but they lost a WR, so that's an excuse) (yet it's about OVeRALL RELATIVE performance...)

Arkansas best game was a 14-13 loss to a Bama team that sucked offensively early on, yet they get hype and a top 25 ranking.

Why is NC State not ranked then? also a 7 win team, couple of NFL Players like Brisset, and they almost beat #1 FSU.

The SEC east has been terrible for years and Mizzou (a decent big 12 team that's puts guys in the league a every few years) is suddenly winning the division despite all these #top 25 teams in it?

AP voters don't spend their weekend breaking down film. they all watch highlights on ESPN and then magically vote in these bad teams.

Tennessee is bad, and they still have the same bad coaching staff, AU needed 14 free points early to beat Loiuville, after all this Heisman hype with QB Johnson and he threw 3 picks and looked lost.

Also, Northwerstern beats Stanford but can't crack the top 25, yet A&M goes unranked to 12th?

ESecPN

Illusory Correlation of being fed BS by media outlets and "experts" If it is said enough...then people believe that its true. Its a massive example of group think. As I have said before. The SEC is ran by 2/3 teams...the (7/8) straight ships are a result of only 3/4 teams (bama=3, UF-2 etc)...the rest of the conference is over rated and has not done a fuggin thing. those who root "SEC, SEC, SEC" are typically from teams that have done ****. gives them a sense of accomplishment when they have truly not accomplished ****.

Card houses will always fall eventually. Mark my words, when this one falls, its gonna be historical!!! Cant wait til Ag is fired and then the SEC lie and bias to be exposed

There should be no polls until week 5 at the minimum.

It's lame how much weight the pre-season polls have especially now with the playoff selections.

That being said. Butch Davis.

I agree with you. No need to have polls even after the first couple weeks because a lot of teams have only played cup cakes.

Advertisement
Don't be like Ped State. Don't let the Canes ruin your day.

Firing Day is 83 away.

[video=youtube;uy7LgzSiQFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy7LgzSiQFg[/video]

I was at this game. Have to say, that the Ped State student body = bunch of azzholes.

Jesus Christ I don't even remember what it's like to watch a Miami defense that fast and aggressive.

Pre-season rankings should be irrelevant, but when you place 10 teams in the top 25 you exaggerate the value of anyone who beats them -essentially another SEC team.
There may be only 6-7 in the first Championship poll, but that will be directly related to the initial overvaluation of the conference in the early polls.
"Look how many highly ranked teams they faced. Of course a 2 loss SEC team should be ranked above ANY 1 loss ACC team"

You hit the nail on the head. I've been saying this for years. Is the SEC the best conference most years in the last decade? yes. Do they legitimately have 10 ranked teams every year? No.

This whole SEC stacking is part of the reason the SEC was able to maintain the National Title streak. When Alabama gets beat by a battle hardened SEC team, they don't drop in the rankings or drop very minimally. Let any other non SEC power 5 team lose to any other non SEC power 5 team and see how far they fall.

What I find funniest about this is the Big 10 was getting this treatment before the SEC run. The media loves Ohio St and Michigan. I hate Florida as much as anyone on here, but I still remember Michigan losing to Ohio St in the final game of the season and media trying to hype up a Michigan and Ohio St rematch for the title. Completely undeserved and they would prop up other Big 10 teams as really tough opponents to improve that image.

SEC makes the most money for ESPN and radio stations. ESPN and radio, accordingly, will pander to the SEC fanbase. When you have announcers constantly talking about "he's an SEC type player" even when the game isn't an SEC game you know what the scam is.

Understanding the SEC situation!!

States without pro sports franchises?

ALABAMA
ARKANSAS
KENTUCKY
MISSISSIPPI
SOUTH CAROLINA

What market is there to exploit? You betcha....College athletics.

Advertisement
The surprising truth about the preseason college football polls - Football Study Hall

Thought the article was interesting and on topic. I am in the camp of ambivalence to preseason polls. You will get SEC bias not matter when the polls are released and I think the people voting have a reasonable amount of information from carryover, coaching changes, etc... to put up a decent guess at the beginning of the season and adjust as the season goes on.

Advertisement
Back