STA?

Lamarcus Joyner goes for Southwest High (Miami) off of Bird Road and 87th all the way to STA lulz.

A buddy of mine who played ball w/ me at Columbus and wrestled transferred to STA the day before school started b/c the wrestling coaches at Michigan State told him that he should go wrestle there.

Ya, I don't think they recruit everyone but its dumb to think that they don't go out recruiting. Like Joyner and Rashad Greene.

Advertisement
Doesn't hurt that you can get a top notch education at St Thomas as well. Imagine you're the parent...I can send my kid there and he gets great coaching and exposure on the football field AND he gets a top of the line education too? It's a no brainer.

When Lamarcus Joyner transfered to STA you knew then that George could do whatever the **** he wanted and he dared you to call him out on it. That was like a slap in the face if I ever saw one to the FHSAA. LOL. Boss move.

Agree but I don't think it's as big of a slap in the face as what Guandolo has done at Cypress Bay.

That dude took a football team full of rich white boys and added a buttload of hood brothas to the roster and marched to the State Championship game.

EVERYBODY knows what kind of kids make-up the student body at Cypress Bay. The only brothas in that whole school are the ones who play on the football team.

Don't know why anyone would put a stop to it anyway - going to that school is probably the only chance those kids will get to get a decent education

broward public schools arent that bad.....add to it he pulls kids from Miramar areas, and even reached in to Miami Dade for kids to Cypress Bay. Realize Cypress Bay is like Bayside High from Save By th eBell and like the largest school in the state.....and like Wildcat stated that school is filled with Zach Morrises...the blacks that were thee that dont play ball are Lisa Turtle's if u get my drift.

Cypress Bay is a bigger slap as STA is a private school and kind of has free reign....got**** Cy Bay is a public and had kids with dreads and gold teeth runnign around reppin Opa Locka in Weston.

Advertisement
I think STA if they do still recruit are very good at hiding it. I actually was thinking of brining my kid there. George Smith told me that they did not need to recruit as parents and kids came to them. And besides, FHSSA and other schools watched them like a hawk to catch them doing any recruiting. You never see the STA coaching staff at 7 on 7 tourneys or Optimist games. No complaints when he finished up at Cypress but you cant argue the fact that IF you can play at STA it has much more to offer to the athlete. And it is just easier for kid to go to transfer to a private school than between public. Although that is getting a bit blurred lines with the magnet programs and such at the publics now.

And just because they give kid scholarship money to attend the private school which they all do including STA, USchool, Cardinal Gibbons, A Herit, that doesn't necessarily mean that they went out and recruited the kid to come there. As mentioned in earlier posts here, they could have come there first.

Why does it matter that STA recruits..... Aren't the current Miramar, Central, and BTW programs also stocked to the gills with kids who transferred in as well? MNW was forever. If you start looking at rosters and take time to read about the kids a ton of them transfer in to these powerhouses. So Fla's best teams are all-star groups. Don't get me wrong, these are dense areas loaded with studs anyway, but when you take a loaded core group and add in 3 or 4 3star 4star types who transfer in you get monster teams.

Last edited:
Why does it matter that STA recruits..... Aren't the current Miramar, Central, and BTW programs also stocked to the gills with kids who transferred in as well? MNW was forever. If you start looking at rosters and take time to read about the kids a ton of them transfer in to these powerhouses. So Fla's best teams are all-star groups. Don't get me wrong, these are dense areas loaded with studs anyway, but when you take a loaded core group and add in 3 or 4 3star 4star types who transfer in you get monster teams.

To be honest the teams bolded are not stocked to the gillls with recruited players.

Ive stated on Miramar already...the majority of their kids are from Miramar, Miramar has ALWAYS have kids from Carol City going there..because Miramar is still walking distance from their house and closer than Carol City High School for some...You can pass that school on regular days and see a bunch of kids walking home to Carol City.Miramar is a pretty local team imo. Their locked in on the Optomist programs, so they kind of have a feeder system...as some of their current coaches coached the optomist teams for the kids entering the 9th grade.(150 PD TEAMS)

Booker T...NAH..........Umm u wont get a bunch of kids transferring into Overtown. I think this year they got 3 transfers or so...that team is pretty much all Liberty City/Overtown kids...thats the hood, you aint transferring in there unless u know somebody that know somebody.lol...kids are scared to transfer in there as Overtown is a close knit community and these guys all played ball since pop warners so you might transfer in and not even start because of favortism.

But your last sentence is true to form. These areas where the schools are located are DENSELY populated with talent, i mean to the brim...but if there was MEGA TEAMS ***** the other nearby schools would be falling off....which is what you see happening in Ft.Lauderdale(Plantation,Dillard) and U-School,Heritage,STa all looking good. All the Schools in the Liberty City/Overtown area are still monsters..MNW,Central,Booker T,Jackson...Its crazy....Believe me swag if they combined just two of those schools..god help whatever team in the country they would face...and its scary because it was a possiblity of that because they have been trying to close down Miami Central and Miami Edison the last few years.

To be honest the teams bolded are not stocked to the gillls with recruited players.

Ive stated on Miramar already...the majority of their kids are from Miramar, Miramar has ALWAYS have kids from Carol City going there..because Miramar is still walking distance from their house and closer than Carol City High School for some...You can pass that school on regular days and see a bunch of kids walking home to Carol City.Miramar is a pretty local team imo. Their locked in on the Optomist programs, so they kind of have a feeder system...as some of their current coaches coached the optomist teams for the kids entering the 9th grade.(150 PD TEAMS)

Booker T...NAH..........Umm u wont get a bunch of kids transferring into Overtown. I think this year they got 3 transfers or so...that team is pretty much all Liberty City/Overtown kids...thats the hood, you aint transferring in there unless u know somebody that know somebody.lol...kids are scared to transfer in there as Overtown is a close knit community and these guys all played ball since pop warners so you might transfer in and not even start because of favortism.

But your last sentence is true to form. These areas where the schools are located are DENSELY populated with talent, i mean to the brim...but if there was MEGA TEAMS ***** the other nearby schools would be falling off....which is what you see happening in Ft.Lauderdale(Plantation,Dillard) and U-School,Heritage,STa all looking good. All the Schools in the Liberty City/Overtown area are still monsters..MNW,Central,Booker T,Jackson...Its crazy....Believe me swag if they combined just two of those schools..god help whatever team in the country they would face...and its scary because it was a possiblity of that because they have been trying to close down Miami Central and Miami Edison the last few years.

It happens EVERYWHERE. BTW had 2 linemen living in hallandale last year. Heritage Delray has kids who played for Ely, **** there's a kid who transferred from krop to the west this year and he's zoned for Flanagan. LOL The big game changer is kids going from private schools to Public. It's like a big middle finger to the private schools who recruited kids all these years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back