STA 4-star LB Huff on Miami: "I feel like the school is meant for me"

I would love to add Huff and R. Davis to the 2 LB's already committed and call the LB board a wrap!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yup Jerry at one point was 3rd in our backfield. I would sit on my break in practice and marvel at what he was doing to some of our upperclassmen. Thats still my boy. He's training youth rbs, as well as guys for the combine and nfl workouts currently.
Had 8th period weight lifting with Jerry my freshman year. Whole football team was in that joint. Jon Beason. Glen Cook. Sean Taylor's Cousin Rudy Taylor who was a beast in his own right. Cary Williams that played in the league. Dunlap & Darby that played at NC State. Had a LB that went on to be on Delaware's I-AA National Champion team. And a whole lot of other D-I/D-II players.

Jerry was one of the smallest dudes there. Kinda like Shaun Shivers that played at Chaminade this year. That small.
Dude was the 1st dude in the 1000lb club in the weight room. Not Beason or anybody else. He was sumthin serious.

He transferred to Pace his SR year, if I'm not mistaken he was on that Pace team with Willie Williams, before Willie ended up at Carol City.
Jerry ended up going to Central Michigan and tore it up his first couple years (couple thousand yard seasons). I think his 1st game his freshman year he lit up Michigan for like 150yds rushing at the Big House. First game.
Got into some legal issues up there and his career was kinda derailed a bit. Unfortunate, because I think he had NFL level talent.

If he would've come along 5 years later, when Youtube or Hudl were established, he would've been recruited by EVERYBODY. He was that good. Kinda like Shivers ended up at Auburn this year, I could see Jerry at an SEC/ACC/Big Ten etc. school.
Central Michigan got alot of those kids who kinda slipped through the cracks before social media & internet highlight videos (Antonio Brown, JJ Watt, Joe Staley) became the big deal they are today.

Jerry had a lil brother (Jerron Seymour) out of Hialeah that ended up playing RB at Vanderbilt. Same size and build. Although I still think Jerry was better but that might just be Chaminade bias. Either way, that was a baaaad boy in his day.

Huff definitely have that old Miami style with him, his tape shows that.. Miami is really in the driver seat with LBs for this Surge19' class!! WINNING in 2018 will only make this class better and better...

Solomon just committed to The U... HUFF, you have to be next!!

Advertisement
Had 8th period weight lifting with Jerry my freshman year. Whole football team was in that joint. Jon Beason. Glen Cook. Sean Taylor's Cousin Rudy Taylor who was a beast in his own right. Cary Williams that played in the league. Dunlap & Darby that played at NC State. Had a LB that went on to be on Delaware's I-AA National Champion team. And a whole lot of other D-I/D-II players.

Jerry was one of the smallest dudes there. Kinda like Shaun Shivers that played at Chaminade this year. That small.
Dude was the 1st dude in the 1000lb club in the weight room. Not Beason or anybody else. He was sumthin serious.

He transferred to Pace his SR year, if I'm not mistaken he was on that Pace team with Willie Williams, before Willie ended up at Carol City.
Jerry ended up going to Central Michigan and tore it up his first couple years (couple thousand yard seasons). I think his 1st game his freshman year he lit up Michigan for like 150yds rushing at the Big House. First game.
Got into some legal issues up there and his career was kinda derailed a bit. Unfortunate, because I think he had NFL level talent.

If he would've come along 5 years later, when Youtube or Hudl were established, he would've been recruited by EVERYBODY. He was that good. Kinda like Shivers ended up at Auburn this year, I could see Jerry at an SEC/ACC/Big Ten etc. school.
Central Michigan got alot of those kids who kinda slipped through the cracks before social media & internet highlight videos (Antonio Brown, JJ Watt, Joe Staley) became the big deal they are today.

Jerry had a lil brother (Jerron Seymour) out of Hialeah that ended up playing RB at Vanderbilt. Same size and build. Although I still think Jerry was better but that might just be Chaminade bias. Either way, that was a baaaad boy in his day.

Yea i knew all the chaminade guys either since middle school or just playing ball with them. Jerry transferred to that loaded Pace team but they didnt win it all. Jerry likely still wouldve went to a smaller school...as he always felt like he would do more work at a smaller school. But your 100 percent correct he was about 3-4 yearsbefore the spread offenses took off. He was very similar to Darren Sproles. Yup i watched that game that he ran for 100+ against Michigan. He got caught up in some college night alcohol drama that ledto legal issues..he eventually had to transfer down a level and still put up numbers after a year or two out of football.

Jerron was Jerry lite and did good at Vandy. Coach G recruited like ****...recruited me..I would have been on those state title teams but was loyal to MCA. Pace n Chaminade recruited Prop Joe...with Pace being the school i almost transferred to.

Yea i knew all the chaminade guys either since middle school or just playing ball with them. Jerry transferred to that loaded Pace team but they didnt win it all. Jerry likely still wouldve went to a smaller school...as he always felt like he would do more work at a smaller school. But your 100 percent correct he was about 3-4 yearsbefore the spread offenses took off. He was very similar to Darren Sproles. Yup i watched that game that he ran for 100+ against Michigan. He got caught up in some college night alcohol drama that ledto legal issues..he eventually had to transfer down a level and still put up numbers after a year or two out of football.

Jerron was Jerry lite and did good at Vandy. Coach G recruited like ****...recruited me..I would have been on those state title teams but was loyal to MCA. Pace n Chaminade recruited Prop Joe...with Pace being the school i almost transferred to.
You played at PPO? I know a lot of the guys at Chaminade when I was there were from Pines Optimist. I played for Northeast Eagles myself.

I remember being in that same 8th period weight lifting the day Jerry transferred to Pace. Coach G was on the phone in the weight room, apparently with Jerry and his folks from Zacheo's office at Pace. When I tell you Guandolo was ****ED. Zacheo used to be Coach G's assistant when G was the head coach at Pace in the 90s and there was still some bad blood there. Both teams ran the same Wing-T. Both ran the same defenses. Chaminade had knocked Pace out of the playoffs the year before on a touchdown by Jerry. Chaminade took Pace's running back (Wilner Marc) and Pace took Chaminade's (Jerry).

That regional final game (at MCA stadium) was LOADED with prospects on both sides. Pace team with Jerry (led Dade in rushing that year), Willie Williams, I think Lavon Ponder that played at Miami was on that squad, among alot of others. Chaminade with their loaded roster. Both teams undefeated (that was the year Chaminade lost to Jacksonville Bolles in the state title game). Our DCoord Rodriguez (now at Doral Academy) had them tryna take Jerry's head smoove off EVERY play. They loaded the box and tried to decapitate that boy. Beason, Cook, everybody.

But like I said, Jerry was superhuman. He was bouncing off Beason and everybody else like he was in a pinball machine. Just an unreal running back. 5'7, prolly between 185-195 but strong as a **** bull. Chaminade won, but those were some good battles between Chaminade and Pace, mainly revolving around, on either side, Jerry Seymour. Good memories. lol

You played at PPO? I know a lot of the guys at Chaminade when I was there were from Pines Optimist. I played for Northeast Eagles myself.

I remember being in that same 8th period weight lifting the day Jerry transferred to Pace. Coach G was on the phone in the weight room, apparently with Jerry and his folks from Zacheo's office at Pace. When I tell you Guandolo was ****ED. Zacheo used to be Coach G's assistant when G was the head coach at Pace in the 90s and there was still some bad blood there. Both teams ran the same Wing-T. Both ran the same defenses. Chaminade had knocked Pace out of the playoffs the year before on a touchdown by Jerry. Chaminade took Pace's running back (Wilner Marc) and Pace took Chaminade's (Jerry).

That regional final game (at MCA stadium) was LOADED with prospects on both sides. Pace team with Jerry (led Dade in rushing that year), Willie Williams, I think Lavon Ponder that played at Miami was on that squad, among alot of others. Chaminade with their loaded roster. Both teams undefeated (that was the year Chaminade lost to Jacksonville Bolles in the state title game). Our DCoord Rodriguez (now at Doral Academy) had them tryna take Jerry's head smoove off EVERY play. They loaded the box and tried to decapitate that boy. Beason, Cook, everybody.

But like I said, Jerry was superhuman. He was bouncing off Beason and everybody else like he was in a pinball machine. Just an unreal running back. 5'7, prolly between 185-195 but strong as a **** bull. Chaminade won, but those were some good battles between Chaminade and Pace, mainly revolving around, on either side, Jerry Seymour. Good memories. lol

I was too big. Before the era of Heavies being allowed to play. I wouldve played at Miramar Optomist though. I worked out with them even though wouldnt make weight.

Coach ZAC is still at Pace...and got whom he wanted from Miramar optomist as well as Coach G. Dustin Turnbull was Pace's rb the year before he played at Miramar Optomist and Flanagan (his bro Nick Turnbull made it to the league out of Flanagan.

I wasnt at that game i was a freshman in college but literally was on the phone listening to that game. That game was so loaded with div 1 prospects and all my friends. Brandon Jackson is my cousin he was one of chaminade's lineman then that went div 1 as well off that team. Think about it..Glen Cook was one of the least talked about guys back then and he went to the u. Cary Williams wasnt talked about either..went to the league. Guys like Zay bryant transferred over from Mca and played for Chaminade. Antoine Rutherford -Chaminade, Steve Williams....a bunch of guys man. The city of Hollywood from 2000-2005 was EXTREMELY loaded with div 1/ nfl level prospects...from mca, chaminade,hallendale, S.Broward.

Advertisement
I was too big. Before the era of Heavies being allowed to play. I wouldve played at Miramar Optomist though. I worked out with them even though wouldnt make weight.

Coach ZAC is still at Pace...and got whom he wanted from Miramar optomist as well as Coach G. Dustin Turnbull was Pace's rb the year before he played at Miramar Optomist and Flanagan (his bro Nick Turnbull made it to the league out of Flanagan.

I wasnt at that game i was a freshman in college but literally was on the phone listening to that game. That game was so loaded with div 1 prospects and all my friends. Brandon Jackson is my cousin he was one of chaminade's lineman then that went div 1 as well off that team. Think about it..Glen Cook was one of the least talked about guys back then and he went to the u. Cary Williams wasnt talked about either..went to the league. Guys like Zay bryant transferred over from Mca and played for Chaminade. Antoine Rutherford -Chaminade, Steve Williams....a bunch of guys man. The city of Hollywood from 2000-2005 was EXTREMELY loaded with div 1/ nfl level prospects...from mca, chaminade,hallendale, S.Broward.
I played @ Pembroke Pines Optimist from 1967 to 1972. Called us Sewer City because our field was right next to the sewer plant! Way different back then! That was the year PPO started their first team. We were in the North Dade league the first 2 years. Got our a**sses handed to us. I played Center and MLB. We moved to Hollywood Optimist in '69 and got a new HC - Dare Darnell. He was the best! Moved me to RB and Rover Safety. We ran the Kansas City Vee offense. Was a blast! Won the league championship my last 2 years.

I just watched this cats film and omg!!

He’s now my favorite lb , Brooks healthy would probably be my guy but this Huff fella is the goods.

He’s long and plays violent , great frame to add weight.

Advertisement

Hadn't heard the Turnbull name in years. He was good too. Brandon & Stevie were a year ahead of me. Brandon went to FAU & Stevie to Carson Newman if I'm not mistaken. Both are good peoples. I talk to Stevie every once in awhile around the way. Antoine went to Virginia Tech but ended up at Howard I think. You're right tho man. Was ALOT of talent in Hollywood around that time. Leon Pennington that went to Michigan State from Hallandale too. Kamar Aiken was a year behind me at Chaminade, he's still in the league. Lot of good talent and good times.

Advertisement
Back