St Thomas Aquinas vs Bishop Gorman

Advertisement
Still waiting for Coach Macho victory lap.

Nahhhh. They're still better than my team at the moment.

However, I have to wonder how a Broward County all-star team manages to lose a dogfight to a team from Las Vegas.

I guess Las Vegas has better high school football players than Broward County.

The commentators last night were commenting that a lot of their team has moved out to LV to play at BG. Don't think it's just a bunch of kids from around the surrounding hs.

However, I have to wonder how a Broward County all-star team manages to lose a dogfight to a team from Las Vegas.

There are a huge amount of CA families here many on the team are from CA. The rest of NV football teams here suck in general. The better team lost today, the coaches must take much of the blame, they kept #14 in the game. Should have kept #3 back there and ran him half the time.

Advertisement

You know Im a big fan of yours but... That take is kind of silly. Bishop Gorman recruits heavily from SoCal. Lots of kids (and people in general) making the move out of Cali to Nevada and AZ. The **** is kind of getting crazy in CA (socially, economically, etc.) You've spoken at length about kids moving districts within Florida/South Florida. Well out here, kids are leaving SoCal (LA, Orange County & San Diego area) to play at Bishop Gorman. Couple that with the fact that they own the Vegas market and you have a team that has been on top of the national polls for over a year now.

Jake Allen is straight trash. Why does STA stick with him? You need a QB who can make reads and throws in that bullsht offense and Allen can't do either. Their backup QB is a much better passer and a comparable athlete. I'm guessing that they promised Allen the starting job when they recruited him from Gibbons.

The thing about Aquinas is that they play one or two tough games/year (which they usually lose) and the rest of their opponents are a bunch of tomato cans. So, they fatten up on the tomato cans that they overwhelm and lose to teams with comparable, or close to comparable talent.

STA's coaches and Jake Allen are responsible for both losses this year.

Say what you will about Heritage, but they are coached much better than STA.

Last edited:

You know Im a big fan of yours but... That take is kind of silly. Bishop Gorman recruits heavily from SoCal. Lots of kids (and people in general) making the move out of Cali to Nevada and AZ. The **** is kind of getting crazy in CA (socially, economically, etc.) You've spoken at length about kids moving districts within Florida/South Florida. Well out here, kids are leaving SoCal (LA, Orange County & San Diego area) to play at Bishop Gorman. Couple that with the fact that they own the Vegas market and you have a team that has been on top of the national polls for over a year now.

So what you're saying is that alot of families are leaving California and moving to states like Nevada (not unlike the NewYork/NewJersey people moving to FLorida) and
the fact that every single migrating family with Div1A football players in their household just happens to end up at Bishop Gorman is coincidental?
Got it.
Not sure what you're taking issue with (Macho).

Correct. Bishop Gorman recruits harder than anyone.

Having said that, Harriott made Gorman's coach look like Belichick.

Advertisement
Jake Allen is straight trash. Why does STA stick with him? You need a QB who can make reads and throws in that bullsht offense and Allen can't do either. Their backup QB is a much better passer and a comparable athlete. I'm guessing that they promised Allen the starting job when they recruited him from Gibbons.

The thing about Aquinas is that they play one or two tough games/year (which they usually lose) and the rest of their opponents are a bunch of tomato cans. So, they fatten up on the tomato cans that they overwhelm and lose to teams with comparable, or close to comparable talent.

Does Jake Allen come from alot of money or something?
From my high school fb experiences, some kids got on the field because their old man
upgraded their locker-room, or some other favor.

Does Jake Allen come from alot of money or something?
From my high school fb experiences, some kids got on the field because their old man
upgraded their locker-room, or some other favor.

I do not know.

Best thing about St Thomas is they have a ****** running back who can bang it. Oy Gevolt

Best thing about St Thomas is they have a ****** running back who can bang it. Oy Gevolt

image.jpg

Advertisement
I hear what yall are saying about Gorman getting Cali kids and it's a valid point...but still...

You're telling me they have better athletes than STA?

The Fort Lauderdale area is one of the most talented regions in the country. I'm willing to bet that their whole starting 22 is D1.

I hear what yall are saying about Gorman getting Cali kids and it's a valid point...but still...

The Fort Lauderdale area is one of the most talented regions in the country. I'm willing to bet that their whole starting 22 is D1.

Allen was trash. He's the reason STA lost.

Allen was trash. He's the reason STA lost.

Or perhaps he's not being developed and/or his play-calling isn't QB friendly?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back