***St. Thomas Aquinas v. American Heritage Game Thread***

STA coaching thus far is suspect, they are making it easy on McFadden in the passing game, I would switch Peete and put someone faster with better route running/cuts out wide on an island one on one with McFadden, someone such as bruce or grimes. I would use Peete to block a little more trips side. For American Heritage Gibson needs to use his legs a little more. Scarlett is reaping the U well.

Advertisement
Few thoughts. any body else think Sam Bruce is a rb? Good lord that punt return though. Best spin I've ever seen in high school

Can't be running slaton both ways. Gonna burn him out. Hes blocking a 5 star recruit whose a year older than him. Kids the goods, so is Bosa

Gibson is that bad at qb. No touch. None. Fastballs with no accuracy. Their whole offense is gonna go short passed to snelson. Brandon Johnson is not a 4'star player. Just isn't.

McFadden looks great in coverage, soft against the run.

Nothing new to say about Scarlett.

STA coaching thus far is suspect, they are making it easy on McFadden in the passing game, I would switch Peete and put someone faster with better route running/cuts out wide on an island one on one with McFadden, someone such as bruce or grimes. I would use Peete to block a little more trips side. For American Heritage Gibson needs to use his legs a little more. Scarlett is reaping the U well.

How have they been suspect? they have been kicking the crap out of their D-line STA doesnt need to throw, heritage is stacking the box and they cant do stop sh¡t, at this point STA is going to keep running until they can stop it

Advertisement
Few thoughts. any body else think Sam Bruce is a rb? Good lord that punt return though. Best spin I've ever seen in high school

Can't be running slaton both ways. Gonna burn him out. Hes blocking a 5 star recruit whose a year older than him. Kids the goods, so is Bosa

Gibson is that bad at qb. No touch. None. Fastballs with no accuracy. Their whole offense is gonna go short passed to snelson. Brandon Johnson is not a 4'star player. Just isn't.

Bruce is a WR all the way, I just don't think he's been targeted yet tonight. He's incredible with the ball in his hands, though. Extremely dynamic punt returner.

Coming into tonight I didn't see the hype about Brandon Johnson and, to a slightly lesser extent, Devante Peete. Johnson's had two bad drops, and he can't afford to have questionable hands with his lack of speed. I didn't view him as a take coming into tonight with Snelson/Mullins/Bruce/Richards already committed for 2016, and I still don't.

Peete's made a couple short catches, but he can't separate at all from McFadden as a vertical route runner. He's a big receiver with sure hands, but he looks like just a complimentary possession target instead of the potential difference maker some have projected. I like Chatman better, but that's just me.

Scarlett is a stud. Snelson hasn't had opportunities to shine tonight, but that's not his fault. Gibson's accuracy has been erratic, both in the pocket and on the move.

Advertisement
Bruce has that feeling you get when Stacy Coley touches the ball

691.gif

How have they been suspect? they have been kicking the crap out of their D-line STA doesnt need to throw, heritage is stacking the box and they cant do stop sh¡t, at this point STA is going to keep running until they can stop it

My post is self explanatory, I was just referring to when they do pass the ball peete should not be the wr thats one on one with McFadden, with a smaller corner yes, but it would make it a lot easier when STA decides to pass if bruce was one on one with TMac due to his stellar route running. Also it would be difficult for McFadden to jam or get into bruce's body. You are right though, they can just run the pill and get the game over with.

Advertisement

Bruce is a WR all the way, I just don't think he's been targeted yet tonight. He's incredible with the ball in his hands, though. Extremely dynamic punt returner.

Coming into tonight I didn't see the hype about Brandon Johnson and, to a slightly lesser extent, Devante Peete. Johnson's had two bad drops, and he can't afford to have questionable hands with his lack of speed. I didn't view him as a take coming into tonight with Snelson/Mullins/Bruce/Richards already committed for 2016, and I still don't.

Peete's made a couple short catches, but he can't separate at all from McFadden as a vertical route runner. He's a big receiver with sure hands, but he looks like just a complimentary possession target instead of the potential difference maker some have projected. I like Chatman better, but that's just me.

Scarlett is a stud. Snelson hasn't had opportunities to shine tonight, but that's not his fault. Gibson's accuracy has been erratic, both in the pocket and on the move.

That is being generous.

Santana Moss is pretty good comparison for Bruce.

I was thinking that too also another thing does Gibson look that god awful right now? I ask because at some point (and you know there are top scouts there) these schools will just be honest that he has to play wr because I think Gibson is dead set on it and at least right now would transfer to whatever school give him a chance at qb UNLESS even he sees how terrible he is

My takeaways, Bosa and McFadden are legit. My other takeaway is a question: How is Scarlett not a five star RB?

Advertisement
I've never been a fan of heritages OC and without Dallas Perez, mckenzie (on both offense and special teams), and Sony he hasn't helped their playmakers succeed

My takeaways, Bosa and McFadden are legit. My other takeaway is a question: How is Scarlett not a five star RB?

Cause he committed to us.... J/K I think by the final rankings are released at the end of the season and based on what he does this season they will have to bump him to 5*

Advertisement
Back